Mod: Philip Muwanga's Squad Commander 1.0
Unreal Tournament 2004: All Downloads (505) Patches (10) | Demos (1) | Mods (271) | Maps (218) | Movies (1) | Others (3)
A total conversion, this will turn your UT2004 into an squad based RTS. So naturally converting an FPS into an RTS is a large project with nothing but changes. See File/Full Details for more info.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Seeking shelter underground to escape the nuclear winter they caused, the inhabitants of the Citadel have had no contact with the outside world for hundreds of years. Now as the radiation levels die down they are poised to reclaim the surface of their world.
Taking the role of a new trainee Commander, you will take charge of a squad of marines sent on missions to rediscover the desolate surface of the planet. Fighting against the bands of savages that now call the ruins of civilization their home, you will become embroiled in epic conflict taking place both on and off the battlefield, for the world has changes since the war, and nothing is quite as it seems…
A total conversion for the Unreal 2 engine, Philip Muwanga’s Squad Commander (PMSC) brings intense, RTS action to the unreal engine. Featuring a class based, squad dynamic; players must use each of the five different classes of trooper (including ‘Ranged’ and ‘Close Combat’ troops) in conjunction with each other to achieve victory or see their forces scattered and defeated.The player must lead their squad across six story driven levels, fighting through a range of environments, featuring over 8 hours of gameplay. Using the ‘Command Interface’ the player issues orders from the safety of the command bunker, controlling their squad through a simple, mouse and keyboard control scheme. Utilizing features like ‘Overwatch’ and ‘Auto-Cover’ the player can quickly organise their troops, however if things get too hectic they can fall back on a limited supply of ‘Command-Time’ to freeze the action and reorganise your troops.
A complete squad of troops is deployed straight into the battlefield via dropship, allowing the player to quickly get into combat, without the need to build bases and produce units, keeping the action constant. Through out each mission the player will receive reinforcements to replace squad members lost through combat, meaning that the player will always have enough units to for the task in hand. But with troopers gaining experience, a good commander will keep their troops alive as long as possible improving their stats and skills to create a devastating team of veterans.
PMSC also features an unlockable ‘SpecOps’ trooper, a super powered, covert unit, combining all the skills of a normal squad into one package and capable of using advanced abilities like ‘Cloak’ and ‘Proxy-mines’ to dispatch the enemy. Once unlocked (by completing the Spec ops own mission), the ‘SpecOps’ trooper can be used in any already completed missions, adding a very different feel to the game.
* Intense Squad based action.
* Class based, squad combat featuring a verity of units including ‘Sarge’ ‘Ranged’, ‘Armour Piercing Ranged’, ‘Assault’ and ‘Defenders’.
* Level up your units to veteran status to improve there stats and skills. If they survive long enough!
* Lasersights fitted on all ranged weapons change colour to show who you troops are targeting and their chance of hitting the target.
* Receive reinforcements on the fly to replenish your squad mid mission.
* Fight through 6, story driven, missions, featuring a range of environments a locations.
* Customisable HUD
* Use ‘Command-Time’ to pause the action and issue new orders to your troops
* Auto Cover, send your troops running for shelter at the touch of a button.
* Fight with both ‘Ranged’ and ‘Close Combat’ troops.
* Slowmo Death Sequences.
* Unlock the devastating ‘Spec-ops’ Trooper to use in his own custom mission. Then play through the previously completed missions from a new perspective.
* Collect ‘Data Logs’ scattered through each mission to reveal the games back story.
* Customisable selection groups.
* Unlockable bonus game modes such as ‘Bigheads’ and ‘Machines’ increase the replayability of each mission.
* Rating system to judge your performance on each mission.
|File Name: SquadCommander.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 182.14 MB||Files Added: 11,369|
|Downloads: 848 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,823,301 (32,407 last week)|
|Posted: 19.03.2008||Supporters: n/a|