Unreal Tournament III: All Downloads (405) Patches (8) | Demos (1) | Mods (174) | Maps (214) | Movies (3) | Others (5)
Built near one of the poles of a classified celestial body with the intent of studying various different aspects of gravitational energy, the Gravis research campus sat empty for years following political fallout over the bloated budget scope of the proje
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
Initially this was my entry for HOLP4. But then life happened to everyone involved, and things came apart. Still, I wanted to finish this level since I'd already put so much effort into it.
The reason I built this level, or, more accurately, the inspiration for me to create a level like this comes from a few different sources. One of my favourite custom UT99 CTF levels (sadly cannot recall or find it these days) was a level that 2 buildings face each other, with the enemy flag visible from your own base, but not directly accessible. I loved the concept of this, and while I've attempted this setup quite a few times, it never really came to fruition, until I saw the second source of inspiration for this level: UT3 retail CTF-Vertebrae.
The level struck a chord with me and despite the fact that I really didn't like the gameplay of the level, the whole setup of mostly vertical gameplay appealed to me a whole lot. Then one night it really materialized inside my head and I started chipping away at the big BSP block. The end result is the culmination of way too much time spent trying to refine the space and finding the right aesthetic for it, but seeing as this is a spare time project, I'm kind of happy with the way this whole thing turned out. I hope you enjoy it too.
- Carson 'Dregs' Smith, for being awesome and insightful, and for providing me with some really good custom materials and meshes to use to make this level complete, and for testing.
- Andrew 'McLogenog' Yoder, for being a very frequent steamchat partner in crime and providing some insights, and for testing. And for telling me what NASA's up to at 3 in the morning.
- Scott 'Cr4zyB4st4rd' Coxhead, for being up at ridiculous times in his timezone, for providing me the sky material I ended up using and for insights into better lighting. And now also for hosting the file!
- Magnus 'Sefyra' Olin, for giving me the template for a readme (HAHA!), for providing a sky material I may end up using in another level (HAHA...?) and for being a cool guy.
- Hektor (didn't know your actual name!), for arranging and participating in a lot of playtesting during the gameplay stages of development, and for being inhumanly patient and probably disappointed I did not finish this level sooner.
- My many co-workers who give me the drive to be creative.
- Everyone else who I managed to forget to call out by name. This level's been in development for over a year and a half, so I'm sorry if I forgot about your input. Much appreciated nonetheless!
|File Name: CTF-Gravis2.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 37.73 MB||Files Added: 10,640|
|Downloads: 86 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,093,036 (56,945 last week)|
|Posted: 08.03.2011||Supporters: n/a|