Mod: Angels Fall First: Planetstorm - RC8
Unreal Tournament III: All Downloads (406) Patches (8) | Demos (1) | Mods (175) | Maps (214) | Movies (3) | Others (5)
This mod from Alex_Drake is an objective-based assault game fought both in space and on the ground. Featuring totally original art and completely new gametypes. See file details for more info.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: Alex_Drake
ANGELS FALL FIRST: PLANETSTORM
Angels Fall First: Planetstorm is an objective-based assault game fought both in space and on the ground. Featuring totally original art and completely new gametypes, we take you from flying gigantic capital ships, piloting fighters, and manning turrets to the traditional vehicular and infantry combat, both planetside and inside the starships themselves. At your command are more than two dozen ships and vehicles, including all original weaponry, 3 maps with full bot support, two custom characters, with more on the way. This is a total conversion mod in the fullest sense of the word. Welcome to Planetstorm.
Planetstorm is set in the Second Antarean War. The second interstellar war between the proudest and oldest colony of mankind - the Second Antarean Star Empire - and the combined forces of 5 nations and assorted fringe protectorates - the United League of Planets.
After the tragedy of the Crowning Day Massacre, tensions have been stretched to breaking point between the Antareans and their de facto conquerors. Amidst the burgeoning riots and outright rebellions of the Antarean Federation planets, the young heir to the Antarean throne, Marius Lucan Andromedeus XIV, has reemerged from seclusion to rally the largest single geopolitical entity of mankind into the new Antarean Star Empire in order to reassert the nation's stake in the galaxy.
The Antareans had been beaten into submission almost three centuries ago during the horrific Unification Wars - precipitated by the brilliant machinations of the legendary Taurean diplomat Yvette Edrasil who united five of the largest stellar nations to form the United League of Planets. The conflict was a desperate bid to repel the expansionist goals of the Antarean and Solesian Imperial forces - and it was won only by the skin of the League's teeth, with massive loss of life on both sides. During the final battle the Imperial worldship Gatarna was mortally stricken and pursued into the dark spaces of the Sea of Antar - never to be seen again. Antares never recovered from the loss of her emperor-father. The Antarean worlds were rechristened as the Federation, and absorbed into the ULP under the jurisdiction of the newly formed League Parliament.
For three-hundred years since, there has been peace under the banner of the United League of Planets. But like any vast bureaucracy, the ULP has begun to fracture from internal strife and corruption. The deceptive peace has proven to be nothing but the gathering of kindling. Now the spark of rebellion has been struck, and few will survive the conflagration that will consume all the settled worlds of humanity.
Both sides believe that their cause is just and noble. A unified galaxy. The unification of the scattered children of Old Earth. But at what cost?
A more in-depth history of the AFF Universe can be found here.
* All original content
* LAN and Online Multiplayer capability
* Full bot support (up to 64 bots)
* Online points system will keep track of your performance and assign correct military ranks, making it possible to know who is more experienced (and thus more suitable for overall command)
* Objective driven gameplay and different map scenarios encourage tactics and team coordination
* A wide variety of troop customization options, including specialist armor and an array of kit items
* Pilot Capital ships from the bridge
* Operate ship weapon systems from turret seats
* Engage in dogfights by launching fighters or dropships from the capital ship bays
* Complete internal maps of all ships (and a station), which can be accessed seamlessly by boarding maneuvers.
* Target ship subsystems from space or sabotage/repair them from inside
* Total immersion inside the spacecraft - consoles short and spark, emergency lighting cuts in warning you to disembark or initiate repairs immediately on critical damage to the spacecraft, the sound of battle can be heard through the hull, windows provide views to the ongoing space battle outside, etc. You will literally be fighting inside moving warships in space combat.
* Take on the enemy with a large arsenal of infantry weapons, booby traps, and automated turrets
* A full range of original vehicles and usable scenery: civilian vehicles, dropships, bombers, Surface-to-Air Missile sites, APC's, tanks, scout vehicles and gunships.
* Revival system means you can attend to a fallen comrade and keep him from dying
* Squad AI follow you around by default, or you can order them to a specific location with the V key
* *Bots do most of the things you can do, making single player just as fun as multiplayer gameplay
|File Name: AFFPlanetStorm_BETA_RC8.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 1,608.60 MB||Files Added: 11,489|
|Downloads: 973 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 19,092,079 (27,426 last week)|
|Posted: 08.01.2010||Supporters: n/a|