Mod: Hero Line War: Final Cut 1.04
Hero Line War: Final Cut is a competitive multiplayer custom map for WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne, and Cho_Gal has returned with his newest version of this popular map!
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Hi, Me, Cho_Gal presents:
Hero Line War: Final Cut
A competitive multiplayer custom map for WC3 TFT
To play it, place it anywhere in your wc3 map diretory, and host it on Battle net or on LAN ...
This file may be mioified by anyone, so long as they give credit to me.
The basics of Hero Line War:
(if you know the basics, skip ahead)
Two to ten players divided in two teams pick one hero each to defend their teams circle of life from attacking creeps (the teams arenas are SEPARATED from each other, Hero teleportation is possible in the late game)
The players spend recourses on summoning creeps to attack the enemy team, Summoning creeps also gives gold income, and this way, the whole game gets accelerated. Players may buy items to strengthen their heroes, to make defending easier. But by simple logic, the more is spent on buying items for safety, the less can be spent on hiring creeps to accelerate gold income and pressure the enemy with…
Players also have one “spell-shrine” each witch has a number of powerful spells that may be used to help defend against the creeps (but creeps killed by the shrines will not yield experience for the heroes)
Eventually one team will get overrun by the creeps… When a team has let too many creeps ( past them in to the circle of life, they loose the game. (50-300 “chances“ per team, decided by host at start along with a bunch of other settings such as difficulty and income intervals)
If you already know what HLW is about, let me just tell you, this isn’t just any HLW, No; Final Cut comes with several ground breaking innovations to the HLW genre, while preserving several great but rare features seen in other, earlier hero line war maps such as player controllable creeps ('hero creeps') and +x life per attack life steal items(for reasonable early - mid game lifesteal that does not become imbalanced when combined with heavy attack damage, does work with ranged, and is not stackable.) , the ability to summon heroes to attack in the end-game and of course automatic gold to wood transition, to effectively remove caps on cash / income.
Here is a list of features that, to my knowledge, are unique for HLW: FC
- Mass summoning vendors (players have not one but TWO things to summon creeps from, the old known townhall and the new massing vendor, both summoning roughly the same creeps, but the masser sends as many as the player can afford, or stock allows, with one click or hotkey press)
- Extended Shop buy/sell range (Heroes DO NOT need to stand anywhere close to a shop to buy or sell items from/to it .. Makes all of the item handling a lot easier & more enjoyable, and makes it possible for the map to be more dependant on static items, carried in inventory, than on consumable tomes, witch are thus by logic more expensive for their effect)
- Attribute dependant Hero skills ( skill effects scale up (or gain secondary uses) with the heroes Attributes; Strength / Agility and /or Intelligence and sometimes a possible victims HP. This makes the use of hero skills more fun and dynamic, especially in the endgame when hero attributes grow high and hero vs. hero battles become increasingly frequent)
- Creep food cap/queue function to reduce lag ( To reduce lag each team has a food cap of 365, the creeps supply use range from 1 to 9, it IS VERY POSSIBLE to summon more creeps, even after the cap is reached and immediately get the normal income increase, though the creeps will not actually appear until some of the older creeps are killed.)
- Dynamic exp rate changes after team size (If one team has less players than the other at any point, their exp rate will be toned down a little bit to prevent them from levelling up too much faster than their enemies)
- Rational reactions to players leaving (When a player leaves, its income gets split equally among remaining team-mates, Exp-gain for the players hero is disabled, control of the hero is shared with the team and when it dies its items are dropped & the hero removed)
- Income compare & penalty ( to encourage ”aggressive” summoning, the summed up incomes of the teams are compared every 3 minutes after the 10 minute mark; if one team has less than 50% of the others income, they get punished by heavy tier3 creeps, the penalty gets worse if a team gets less than 25% income. This is a highly rational penalty because it’s very unlikely for a team with so much lower income to turn a game around too a win without catching up in income)
- Nine Unique heroes with five skills each that always remain useful and one additional Elite summoning skill available at max level 120
- Specialized creeps (the Hero creeps aside, some normal creeps also have abilities like poison, feedback, inner fire, slow, undogable-strike, Carion swarm, Stunning bolt, bash, healing wards, spirit pigs or death coil… some creeps will work better against some heroes, or heroes specializing on some item-types…)
|File Name: mp_hero_line_war_final_cut_v104.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 2.33 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 4,337 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,382,395 (51,808 last week)|
|Posted: 19.04.2007||Supporters: n/a|