Patch: Patch 1.17
English retail v1.17 patch.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos by Blizzard - English retail v1.17 patch
Patch 1.17 Game Changes
- A "Profile" button has been added to the Battle.net toolbar. You can now look
at your profile from the Battle.net news page without ever entering chat.
- Replays now display their version number in the Replay selection screen.
- Fixed a problem that caused some instant spells cast after a targeted spell
to execute before the targeted spell.
- Fixed problems with the Melee AI when it attempted to use certain instant
- Fixed a problem with Morphing units re-executing commands that were
interrupted by the morph timer expiring.
- Fixed an exploit that would allow players to track enemy units under the fog
of war with queued move commands.
- Fixed a problem with units following enemy units and never proceeding to the
next order when they moved underneath the fog.
- Fixed a problem with spells that can target a point or unit (like Shockwave)
failing when the selected target dies. If the selected target runs under the
fog or teleports, the spell is intended to fail.
- Fixed a problem with Envenomed Spears wearing off too early if the affected
unit was also affected by Slow Poison.
- Fixed the invisibility transition time for levels 2 and 3 of Wind Walk.
- Fixed Devour such that devoured units now give experience to the owner of the
Kodo Beast if it gets polymorphed/hexed and instantly digests the unit.
- Fixed rally points such that friendly units will no longer cancel rally
orders to Heroes that teleport or Mirror Image.
- Fixed illusions so they now get correct damage, armor, life, and mana bonuses
consistent with the original units.
- Fixed an issue with morphed units that could cause them to cost food when
revived by Animated Dead if they had died in their morphed form.
- Fixed upgrading buildings such that they now receive the correct hit point
bonus from the Masonry upgrade.
- Fixed a problem that could cause manually cast arrow abilities to
- Fixed channeling units so they will auto-queue orders issued to the entire
selection except for Stop and Hide. Orders issued to the selected subgroup will
break channeling (so you can teleport out of the area while channeling).
- Fixed units in the middle of a non-channeling spell such that they will now
auto-queue all orders until the spell is complete.
- Fixed observers so they now recieve notifications when ANY player's forces
are under attack.
- Fixed Hero icons so their order is now consistent throughout the game.
- Fixed replay speeds so they can once again be changed while the replay is
- (6)Dark Forest - Cleaned up some trees to provide wider areas for larger
groups to path through. The creep camp guarding the top middle expansion gold
mine no longer attacks units that path nearby.
- Haunted and Entangled Gold Mines are now indicated on the minimap.
- Line damage spells such as Shockwave and Carrion Swarm no longer damage a
targeted friendly unit.
- Arrow abilities set to autocast now override Orb effects.
- Default autocast spells (like Bloodlust) that require research will now have
autocast enabled when the research completes.
- Repairing an upgrading building now uses the repair time and cost of the
- Harvesting, building, and repairing workers are the only units left behind by
- Multiple units casting the same spell now distribute the load more
- Missile spells no longer wake creeps when launched. Instead, the creeps now
wake when a spell hits.
- Constructing Peasants are now included in group selections. A constructing
Peasant will automatically queue all orders unless it is the only unit
selected, or until it receives a Stop order.
- Channeling ultimates now cancel invulnerability. If an invulnerability spell
is used while channeling, channeling will end.
- Damage-capped AOE spells now have a seperate cap for friendly, enemy, and
- Enemy units now take damage from Lightning Shielded illusions.
- If a unit is rallied to a unit/Hero that dies, the rallied unit will now
continue to move towards the last spot the rally target occupied.
- Divine Shield can no longer be deactivated.
- Banshee attack range increased to 600 from 500.
- Units raised by Animate Dead are now invulnerable to dispels as well as
- Unsummoning an upgraded building now provides resources for the original
building in addition to the cost of the upgrade (before it was just the cost of
- Experience granted for killing the Spirit Wolves summoned by the spell Feral
Spirit increased by approximately 40%.
- Wind Walk now allows the Blademaster to walk through units.
- Wind Walk's backstab damage reduced to 40/70/100 from 50/85/120.
- Chain Lightning will now jump to sleeping targets if the primary target is
- Abolish Magic no longer auto-dispels hero spells.
- Abolish Magic no longer removes positive buffs on friendlies or negative
buffs on enemies when manually cast (it already did this for autocast).
- Rejuvination can now target magic immune units.
- Level-1 Entangling Roots base duration reduced to 9 seconds from 12, but
level-3 Entangling Roots damage increased to 25 per second from 15 per second.
- Faerie Fire armor debuff reduced to 4 from 5.
- Ancient Protector's attack now uses a homing missile.
- The Huntress' bouncing attacks will no longer bounce back to the initial
- All Orbs now affect magic-immune units.
- Targeting an unwalkable location with a Scroll of Town Portal will now try to
place units as close to that location as possible. If no valid location can be
found, the units will be teleported to an area around the town hall.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.16 replays
cannot be viewed with the 1.17 version of Warcraft III). Custom save games will
not load from version 1.16.
Patch 1.16 Game Changes
- Bladestorm mana cost reduced to 200 from 250.
- Shared cooldown of 20 seconds added on all summoning items.
- Wand of Lightning Shield given 10-second cooldown.
- Sentry Ward item duration reduced to 5 minutes from 10 minutes.
Patch 1.15 Game Changes
- The matchmaking system has been significantly updated. New accounts should
more quickly begin playing against opponents of equivalent skill level.
- Display of channel moderators has changed.
- Ladder information is now more clearly separated in your user profile.
- Free For All (FFA) games are now anonymous. Account names and player levels
will no longer be displayed to other participants. Other players will be
displayed as "Player X", where X is the number of the player in the game.
- Added an on/off button for the "Alt" formation toggle functionality to the
Options --> Gameplay menu. The option is "On" by default.
- Added a "Worker Selection" button that appears beneath the construction
progress indicator for Night Elf and Orc buildings. This allows Orc and Night
Elf players to re-select workers that are currently constructing a building and
give them additional way-pointed orders.
- Added the ability for users to double-click replay files (*.w3g files) from
system directories. Doing so will automatically launch the game and load the
- Buff and debuff icons (not including auras) now flash when their duration has
10 or fewer seconds remaining.
- Buff icons will display in the tooltip when a group-selected unit is
high-lighted in the info panel.
- Fixed an issue with cargo-based structures/units (Entangled Gold Mines, Orc
Burrows, Goblin Zeppelins, etc.) which could cause units to get stuck inside
- Fixed a problem where water elementals that died during Mass Teleport were
not being properly removed from the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused hit point bars not to show up properly for some
teams when viewing replays.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Anti-magic Shell art to display incorrectly on
Crypt Fiends after they unburrow.
- Fixed a problem where a Scroll of Town Portal could be wasted if the targeted
town hall was destroyed before the spell completed. The Hero now retains the
Scroll if the spell doesn't complete.
- Fixed an issue with the "Observers on Defeat" functionality that caused units
not to be displayed on the minimap.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Web and Ensnare graphics to display
- Fixed a problem with the Scroll of Town Portal which did not allow Heroes to
regenerate the appropriate hit points and mana while the spell was being cast.
- Fixed Shockwave's damage radius to 125.
- Fixed an issue with Militia in which units ordered "Back to Work" could
change back into Militia when arriving back at the town hall.
- Acolytes harvesting from a Haunted Gold Mine with the Entangling Roots buff
now register as idle like other peons.
- Fixed Lightning Shield so that if two units with Lightning Shields overlap
each other, they both correctly take damage.
- Fixed an issue with Animate Dead which in some cases caused the spell to
transfer the unit upgrades to the new owner.
- (2)Plunder Isle - Added some trees to the north and south location near the
Goblin Merchant to prevent the player from making purchases without engaging
the creep guarding the building. Cleared some room around the Goblin Merchant
to prevent Archer cheese.
- Mass Teleport cooldown increased to 20 seconds from 15 seconds.
- Bash % chance to hit increased by 5% across all levels.
- Slow mana cost increased to 50 from 40.
- Frost Nova cold effect now lasts 2/3/4 seconds against Heroes. It previously
lasted 4/6/8 seconds against Heroes.
- Animate Dead mana cost reduced to 175 from 250.
- Death Coil cooldown increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
- Possession damage multiplier reduced to 166% from 225%.
- Feral Spirit cooldown increased from 25 to 30.
- Wind Walk bonus damage increased to 50/85/120 from 50/75/100.
- Force of Nature casting range increased to 800 from 700.
- Faerie Fire mana cost increased to 45 from 35.
- Red Drake Egg is now a level-4 charged item, down from 5.
- Talisman of the Wild is now a level-5 charged item, up from 4.
- Legion Doom-Horn is now a level-5 permanent item, up from being a level-4
- Wand of Lightning Shield reduced to 2 charges from 3. Miscellaneous
- All autocast buffs and debuffs cast by racial units now have a cooldown of 1
second. Before, some had cooldowns of 0 seconds, while others had cooldowns of
1 second. This change does not include Priest Heal.
- To purchase from a neutral shop or Mercenary Camp, a valid unit or Hero must
now be within 450 distance units, down from 600 distance units. Note that this
change does not affect racial shops.
WORLD EDITOR FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS
- Reduced minimum map size to 32 (was 64).
WORLD EDITOR FIXES
- Object Properties dialogs now properly load facing angles between 270-360
- Dialogs will now respond to clicking the 12th button.
- Compile errors in the custom script section will no longer disable all
triggers or lead to an infinite loop of error messages. Object Editor
- Warnings about resetting objects now properly refer to the current tab.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.14 replays
cannot be viewed with the 1.15 version of Warcraft III). Custom save games
will not load from version 1.14.
Patch 1.14b Game Changes
- Fixed an issue with recalling control groups and quickly pressing 'TAB' to
change your selected subgroup.
Patch 1.14 Game Changes
- Fixed an issue that caused Scroll of Town Portal to always place your units
to the lower right side of your town hall instead of the location you clicked.
- Fixed an issue that caused a unit to permanently lose 75% of its attack speed
if it was Polymorphed while under the effects of Unholy Frenzy.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Call to Arms command not to work if you
clicked the button an EVEN number of times.
- Fixed an issue with Hero and unit ability orders in which, under certain
conditions, ability orders would not be dispatched properly, causing "lag" or
- Neutral Units
- Summoned Treants no longer give large gold bounties.
- Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.13 replays cannot be
viewed with the 1.14 version of Warcraft III).
Patch 1.13b Game Changes
- Fixed an issue related to copy protection.
- We are aware of some new issues that came up with the release of the 1.13
patch. We will be releasing a 1.14 patch in the near future that addresses some
of these issues, including:
* Custom save games from version 1.12 (including those from Orc Act I)
incorrectly recognize Hero Agility, causing slow attack speeds after the 1.13
patch is applied. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch.
* Town Portal always places your units to the lower right side of your town
hall instead of the location you clicked, as it previously did. This will be
fixed in the 1.14 patch.
* If you research the Skeletal Mage upgrade, then you will no longer be able
to use the Raise Dead skill on the corpses inside a Meat Wagon. This will be
fixed in the 1.14 patch.
* When a unit with Unholy Frenzy is Polymorphed or Hexed, the unit
permanently loses 75% of its attack speed. This will be fixed in the 1.14
* If an Orc player uses the spell Spirit Link, and one of the linked units is
a Troll Berserker with the Berserk ability active, then all units linked with
that Troll will take the increased damage penalty associated with the Berserk
ability. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch.
* If a unit casting a channeling spell dies from Mana Flare, the channeled
spell lingers in the area permanently. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch.
* The Call to Arms command does not work if you click the button an EVEN
number of times. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch.
* Any other confirmed issues that we can fix in time for the release of the
Regarding balance, we are currently assessing the state of balance of 1.13
based on user feedback, online testing, and the review of replays. Although we
will make some number of balance changes in 1.14, these have yet to be
We appreciate the community's patience and support in our endeavor to further
tune the play balance, enhance the feature set, and increase the stability of
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
Patch 1.13 Game Changes
- Warcraft III now supports binding an email address to your Battle.net account
so that you can recover your password at a later stage, similar to the
functionality that was added to D2.
- (2)Plunder Isle - Added some ground-based anti-air units to the Dragon camps;
also added some trees to the top start location.
- (4)Lost Temple - Adjusted item drop in center area. Expansion gold mines
should be a bit tougher. Each player's expansion gold mine now has one melee
creep. The Goblin Merchant camp is now tougher and has anti-air.
- Storm Bolt stun is now 5 seconds vs. units and 3 seconds vs. Heroes at all
levels. Previously, it had this level of stun at level 1, but went up 2 seconds
vs. units and one second vs. Heroes each level. Additionally, level-2 and
level-3 damage are now 225 and 350, respectively.
- Blizzard is now damage capped. This damage cap is invoked when Blizzard hits
more than 5 targets.
- Holy Light mana cost reduced to 65 from 75.
- Stasis Trap area of effect reduced to 400 from 500.
- Shockwave now has a damage cap of roughly 12 units affected. Note that this
limit will not typically be reached except in team games.
- Detonate mana drain reduced to 50 from 100.
- Eating trees now heals 500 hit points over 30 seconds, up from 200 hit points
over 10 seconds.
Neutral Buildings and Units
- Creep Bloodlust mana cost increased to 75 from 50.
- Creeps with Faerie Fire always use the creep version of Faerie Fire now.
Additionally, creep Faerie Fire cooldown increased to 8 from 5.
- Creep Curse cooldown increased to 8 from 5.
- Thunder Lizard cost increased to 6 food from 5, and 150 lumber from 80
- Sentry Wards now have 2 charges, down from 3.
- Anti-magic Potion duration increased to 15 from 10.
- Healing Wards and Ankh of Reincarnation are now level-4 items (down from 5).
- Red Drake Egg, Stone Token and Spiked Collar are now level-5 items, up from
- We have made modifications to how gold is mined. Although these changes are
somewhat difficult to describe, the effect is that in almost all cases, 5 peons
are required for an Orc or Human to mine a gold mine at maximum efficiency
(assuming the town hall equivalent is as close as possible).
WORLD EDITOR FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS
- Map-specific option for game data set to be used (custom vs. melee).
- Model selection dialog now includes all doodad/destructible variations.
- Added preference for "Automatically zoom Previewer to fit new models" (Visual
- Added "Advanced->Reset Fixed Object Heights" option. (Turn off to preserve
any fixed object heights [set via ctrl-page up/down] while moving them.)
- Increased maximum texture space for tilesets (was 12, now 13).
- Increased maximum length of trigger comments (was 640, now 2048).
- "Event Response - Triggering Player" is now valid during "Dialog - Dialog
Button Click" events.
- Added special doodad animation tags "show" and "hide".
- Added Map Flag value "Observers on defeat".
- Added Edit->Find command (works on sound/music list and variable list).
- Option to sort objects by name only (View->Sort Objects By Name).
- Holding down Shift while modifying a numerical value will disable all min/max
limits for that field (use with caution; this can potentially crash the game!).
- Tech Item dialog allows selection of special multi-unit "Equivalents" (any
- New unit fields for tier-based tech tree requirements.
WORLD EDITOR FIXES
- Item Tables dialog is accessible from Unit Properties dialog.
- Pre-placed summoned units count towards creep camp minimap icons.
- "Extra->Cinematic Arthas" model file reference is invalid.
- Game lock-up when decreasing level of "Attribute Bonus" ability.
- Excessive performance loss when units and start locations overlap.
- Doodad "fixed height" status is not preserved across undo operations.
- Pre-placed random units may have their team color set to red in game,
regardless of owner.
- Unit Properties dialog does not display mana value for buildings with mana.
- Moving a start location which is on top of another start location can cause
duplicate start locations.
- Random Group references used for dropped items are not displayed properly in
the Object Manager.
- View menu does not always refresh properly after changing layers.
- Advanced->Adjust Cliff Levels does not adjust water height along withterrain.
- Unit event "Uses an item" does not fire for items with unlimited charges.
- Attempting to enable a trigger does not properly validate that the trigger
- Action "Skip Remaining Actions" can cause compile errors if used as a
parameter to another function.
- "Event Response - Target Point Of Issued Order" becomes reset after a "Wait"
- Function menu appears in the dialog for setting variable initial values.
- "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting" option does not work
for "Set Variable" actions.
- Deleting functions may corrupt the strings within other "cut" functions
(manifest after pasting).
- "Event Response - Learned Skill Level" result is off by one for all levels
greater than one.
- Variables dialog sorting by Initial Value does not sort properly.
- Map Flag value "Observer chat" is obsolete and causes compile errors.
- There is no way to remove imported sounds.
- Custom "Required Animation Names" values do not display properly in the
editor (works in game).
- Character limit on extended tooltip fields is too small (was 300, now 1024).
- Custom values of "Techtree - Requirements - Levels" field are not loaded
properly in game.
- Hotkey field not allowed to be empty.
- Changing an object "category" does not automatically refresh the field list,
- "Stats - Build Time" values less than 8 cause Heroes to be unable to revive.
- Object tabs do not always refresh properly after importing "all" object data
- Buildings with no pathing map crash the game.
- Auto Fill dialog allows any character for hotkey fields.
- "Art - Scaling Value" is not applied to building placement cursor in game.
- Pasting "True" values over "False" values does not work.
- Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.12 replays cannot be
viewed with the 1.13 version of Warcraft III). Custom save games will not load
from version 1.12.
Patch 1.12 Game Changes
- Anti-air creeps have been added to each Mercenary Camp in the map (4)Tranquil
Paths (Reign of Chaos).
- Wyvern hit points have been reduced from 600 to 570.
- Halls of the Dead and Black Citadel attack cooldown have been reduced from
2.0 to 1.5.
- The multiplayer custom map desync that occurs between Reign of Chaos and
Frozen Throne players has been fixed.
- Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.11 replays cannot be
viewed with the 1.12 version of Warcraft III). Custom save games will not load
from version 1.11.
Patch 1.11 Game Changes
- Classic Campaign unit damage has been adjusted to match 1.01 values.
- Some custom maps would crash because they had pre-1.10 data embedded in them.
- Czech-only: fixed a crash with the display news items.
- Fixed a number of text strings within our localized versions.
- Fixed a number of hotkeys within our localized versions.
Patch 1.10 Game Changes
REIGN OF CHAOS PATCH 1.10 FOREWORD
The 1.10 patch is an upgrade to Reign of Chaos in preparation for the upcoming
release of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, available on July 1st. This patch
contains numerous new features and upgrades to Reign of Chaos, as well as
several balance changes. Due to these significant changes we have moved the
version number from 1.06 up to 1.10. We look forward to hearing community
feedback on the new features and improved game balance. See you on Battle.net!
- Blizzard Entertainment
- Upgrades and units can be queued in the same queue chain.
- Buildings can now be queued.
- A graphic placeholder is displayed to notify where a building is going to be
constructed after the command to queue the building has been given.
- Minimap filters now "remember" your preferences so you no longer have to
toggle them on or off in every game.
- A creep camp minimap filter has been added. When it is used, small circular
graphics are displayed on the minimap representing the location of creep camps.
- Added a third minimap "ally" filter that changes the colors displayed for
allies in the minimap.
- When using "ally" settings, the colors for the player, enemies, and allies
now properly adjust in the world frame.
- Improved defeat conditions address "hide the farm" strategies.
- An "Occupied" graphic now appears over Orc Burrows, Goblin Zeppelins,
Entangled Gold Mines, etc. This allows players to quickly tell how many units
are currently occupying a structure or transport.
- Hero icons for allied players are now displayed on your console if an ally
drops from a game or shares unit control.
- Flying Unit Improvements: We have turned off collision detection for flying
units so that they can now easily pass through each other. This will allow air
units to move about more smoothly than before. We have also added "separation
behavior" so air units will break out of clusters once they reach a
- Upgrade & Research Complete alerts now include text messages that indicate
which upgrade has just finished.
- Added player handicaps that allow players to limit their units' maximum hit
points prior to a game starting.
- Easy AI effectiveness has been further reduced. Combined with handicaps, the
AI can now be severely limited.
- Normal & Hard AI strategies have been improved. The AI now chooses between a
few different build orders per race (mass casters, mass Gargoyles, etc.), which
include varying numbers of Heroes.
- Holding the ALT key displays the health bars for all units on screen.
Alternately, holding the "[" key will display friendly unit health bars, while
the "]" key will display enemy unit health bars exclusively.
- Players can now quickly reply to the last "tell" command received by using
the "/r" command from in the game (if connected to Battle.net).
- Waypoints now have a graphical representation in the world frame and on the
- Increased the number of waypoints that can be placed at one time.
- Shops have been given an improved interface which now allow players to select
which Hero or unit is purchasing items, units, or services.
- Added the ability to see the inventory of the purchasing Hero when the shop
- Added the ability to sell items back to shops.
- A new resource indicator is displayed for players whose teammates leave in
the middle of a game. The indicator appears in the top right corner of the
screen and allows players to see the allied army's current resources.
- Players can now transfer resources to the allied army of a teammate who left
- Tomes are now "powerups". This means that if you right-click on them with a
Hero selected, the Hero will now automatically use them rather than pick them
- In-game chat messages now display who will be the recipient(s) (All, Allies,
a specific player, etc.).
- Buildings can now be assigned to a single hotkey and can be "tabbed" through
similar to unit subgroups.
- Battle.net: Players can now search for AMM opponents while continuing to chat
- Battle.net: Players can alt-tab while searching for a game. Once a game has
been found, Warcraft III will automatically maximize.
- Battle.net: Players can now veto a limited number of maps using the thumbs
up/thumbs down system.
- Battle.net: Players can now filter custom games to only show game types they
want to play.
- Battle.net: Players can now select their icon from icons they have unlocked.
They can also see how many wins are required for each icon.
- Observers can now use minimap pings to alert other observers to points of
- A new type of observer has been added called the "referee." A referee can
chat with the players in the game.
- Improved creep AI.
- Players can now modify hotkeys. Please see the CustomKeyInfo.txt file found
in your Warcraft III installation directory for further information.
- Town portals can now be "aimed" to a particular area around the town hall.
Players can also double-click on the Scroll of Town Portal to quickly teleport
to the highest upgraded town hall.
- Rally points can now be given waypoints to avoid running into creep camps
while rallying new units.
- Units "following" other units now inherit the behavior of the unit they are
following. If the unit they are following goes into attack mode, they will drop
into attack mode as well.
- A Hero channeling a spell will not stop casting the spell when a group
containing this Hero is given a new command. The Hero must be individually
selected in order to be given another command.
- Undead Acolytes and Night Elf Wisps that are rallied to an incomplete
Entangled or Haunted Gold Mine will now automatically begin to mine once the
structure is completed.
- All multiplayer maps that were shipped with the original product have been
patched to have improved item drop tables.
- Some maps have been additionally improved with other minor enhancements.
- Tranquil Paths now has random creeps.
- Devotion now gives 1.5/3/4.5 armor per level.
- Thunder Clap damage reduced to 60/100/140 from 70/110/150.
- Gyrocopter damage increased to 27-32 from 25-30.
- Powerbuild effectiveness has been reduced to 60% of its previous strength in
terms of how much speed additional Peasants add when supporting the
construction of a building. Note that the cost increase per additional Peasant
- Shade speed increased to 350 from 270, but hit points reduced to 125 from
- Animate Dead's duration reduced to 40 from 120, cooldown reduced from 180 to
240. Additionally, animated units are invulnerable, but can still be dispelled.
- Death Pact and Dark Ritual can now be used on invulnerable units.
- Carrion Swarm max damage reduced to 300/600/1000 from 375/700/1000 and damage
per target reduced to 75/125/200 from 100/150/200.
- Halls of the Dead and Black Citadel attack cooldown is now 2 seconds up from
1 second, and their damage has been reduced by 33% as well.
- Gargoyle attack versus air decreased to 1d11 + 43 from 1d13 + 50 to reflect
new air pathing changes.
- Wind Walk now has a cooldown of 5 seconds, costs 75 mana at all levels
(changed from 100/75/25), and deals "backstab" damage. When a Blademaster
attacks while using Wind Walk, he deals bonus damage to his victim.
- Lightning Shield range increased to 600 from 500.
- Ensnare duration increased to 15 from 12, and range increased to 500 from
- Feral Spirit mana cost reduced to 75 from 100 and cooldown increased to 25
- Shockwave area of effect width reduced to 250 from 300.
- Chain Lightning base damage reduced to 85/125/180 from 100/140/180.
- Tauren Chieftain speed increased to 270 from 250.
- The Tauren Chieftain now has a smaller collision size: 32 down from 48. This
means that he takes up less space on the ground.
- Wyvern hit points increased to 600 from 500.
- Wyvern poison now lasts 25 seconds and deals 4 damage a second.
- Headhunter cooldown reduced to 2.26 from 2.34.
- Berserker Strength now requires a Stronghold instead of a Fortress.
- Mirror Image cost reduced to 125 from 150.
- Dryad damage increased from 15-17 to 16-18.
- Entangle now prevents an affected unit from attacking, and interrupts
channeling spells such as Blizzard and Starfall. However, its duration has been
reduced to 12(3)/24(4)/36(5) (unit(Hero)).
- Treants created by Force of Nature now benefit from the Nature's Blessing
- Mana Burn cooldown is now 7/6/5 seconds by level, down from 7/7/7 seconds by
- Tranquility cooldown reduced to 60 from 120.
- Tranquility mana cost reduced to 125 from 200.
- Cyclone no longer affects mechanical units.
- Rejuvenation can now be cast on units at full health.
- Ancients now attack while rooted.
- Hippogryph attack decreased from 1d9 + 37 to 1d7 + 31 to reflect new air
- Chimaera splash increments reduced by 50 for quarter, 25 for half. This
effectively means that Chimaeras will do less splash damage than previously.
- Items have been revamped with new level tables. Items now have a level from 1
to 8, along with one of several categories. Items of levels 1 to 6 can be
charged items, permanent items, or powerups. Items of level 7 or higher are
artifacts. Examples: Wand of Lightning Shield (charged), Stone Token (charged),
Ring of Protection +2 (permanent), Tome of Strength +2 (powerup), Mask of Death
- You can now sell items at the Goblin Merchant by right-clicking on an item,
and then "dropping" it onto a Goblin Merchant.
- Scroll of Town Portal now takes 5 seconds to use. During this time it is
being "channeled", and the Hero using it cannot be attacked or stunned. Under
no circumstances can the town portal be aborted once started.
- Wand of Illusion can no longer be cast on hostile units. This change was
made to prevent players from cheesing high level creep camps by using Wand of
Illusion on high level creeps, and then using this illusionary creep to tank
- Boots of Speed no longer stack--two Boots of Speed will make a Hero just as
fast as one.
- When "attack-moving", air units now prefer to attack other air units more
often than previously.
- Creeps that are not in combat now ignore flying units. This means that if
you move flying units around using "move" instead of "attack move", creeps will
generally not attack them.
- Creeps can no longer be dragged via constant attacks--they eventually give up
and return to their start location.
- Goblin Sappers now deal 750 damage to buildings, 250 damage to all units, and
185 damage to Heroes. These values are reduced by armor values such as '5
armor', but do not interact with armor types (e.g. 'Medium armor').
- Units in a transport killed over ground will "spill out" over a wider area.
This means that surrounding a webbed transport and killing it will generally
not kill the passengers.
- Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.06 replays cannot
be viewed with the 1.10 version of Warcraft III.) Custom save games will not
load from versions 1.06 and below.
Patch 1.06 Game Changes
Unarmored Light Medium Heavy Fortified Hero
Normal 100% 150% 100% 100% 50% 100%
Piercing 150% 75% 100% 150% 35% 50%
Siege 150% 50% 100% 100% 150% 50%
Magic 75% 100% 200% 100% 50% 50%
Hero 100% 100% 100% 100% 50% 100%
You can find further information related to armor and damage types on our web
site at http://www.battle.net/war3/basics/armorandweapontypes.shtml.
- Most spellcasters (Sorceress, Priest, Shaman, Witch Doctor, Necromancer,
Banshee, Druid of the Talon) have been re-balanced. In general, units with
piercing damage rip up spellcasters, while basic melee units, such as Ghouls or
Footmen, are weak against spellcasters. The specific changes to the units in
. They have a new armor type, unarmored, which takes bonus damage from
siege and piercing attacks.
. They also have a new damage type, magic, which does reduced damage to
fortified and hero armor, but does bonus damage against medium armor.
. They had their damage adjusted, typically downwards.
. They no longer gain damage as they go up in level, and gain less
hitpoints as they go up in level (but start with more hitpoints when initially
. Many autocast buffs and debuff costs reduced.
. Casters, including Dryads, have had their mana regeneration rates
boosted by 30%.
- Heroes now have an aptly named hero damage type. It deals 100% damage to
everything except fortified armor, to which it deals 50% damage. Hero damage
was added so that heroes no longer strongly counter ranged units such as
Archers and Crypt Fiends.
- Most advanced technology structures had their build times reduced. This
reduction ranged from 20 seconds for especially underused structures, to 10
seconds for less underused structures. For instance, the Slaughterhouse builds
20 seconds faster now, while the Arcane Sanctum build time was only reduced 10
- Flares now cost 75/25 to research, down from 100/50.
- Inner Fire cost increased to 35, from 25.
- Slow cost reduced to 40 from 50.
- Slow duration vs heroes reduced to 10 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Thunderclap debuff is 50% at all levels, and lasts 5/3 at all levels.
- Curse now causes a 33% chance to miss, up from 25%.
- Curse now lasts 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
- Curse cost reduced to 40 mana from 50.
- Web lasts 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds, and has a cooldown of 12 seconds,
down from 20 seconds.
- Carrion Swarm max damage increased to 375/700/1000 from 300/550/800.
- Carrion Swarm no longer hits wards.
- Boneyard cost reduced to 250/100 from 350/125.
- Acolytes now have 220 health, up from 180.
- Necropolis cost reduced to 300 gold, down from 350 gold.
- Black Citadel now has 2000 hitpoints, down from 2300.
- Halls of the Dead now has 1750 hitpoints, down from 2000.
- Bloodlust cost reduced from 50 mana to 40 mana.
- Raiders now have light armor instead of heavy armor.
- Raider Ensnare lasts 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds, and has a cooldown of
12 seconds, down from 20 seconds.
- Bladestorm cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 4 minutes.
- Cyclone duration on units increased to 15 from 10.
- Faerie Fire cost reduced to 35 from 75.
- Chimaera Roost cost reduced to 230/70 from 280/100.
- Ancients temporarily lose their fortified armor when they uproot, becoming
medium armor units.
- Dryads now have the unarmored armor type. This change was made to further
specialize Dryads as melee killers, but allow piercing damage units, such as
Crypt Fiends and Archers, to counter them more effectively.
- Dryad hitpoints increased to 435 from 380.
- All basic siege units (Mortar Teams, Catapults, etc.) have had their night
sight increased to 1100 from 1000.
- Creep-cast Polymorph duration reduced to 25.
- Creep autocast Heal heals 12 hp a cast not 15.
- Lightning Lizards, Thunder Lizards and Storm Wyrms no longer friendly fire -
their attacks only hit hostile targets.
- Lightning Lizard damage reduced from 1d8 + 16 to 1d8 + 14.
- Thunder Lizard damage reduced from 1d11+30 to 1d8+26.
- Centaur Impaler hitpoints reduced to 350 from 450.
- Ankh of Reincarnation is now a level 7 item.
- Potion of Restoration now heals 500 health and 200 mana, rather than fully
replenishing a hero's
health and mana.
- Scroll of Restoration now heals 300 health and 150 mana, rather than fully
replenishing all targets health and mana.
- Tome of Experience is now a level 5 item.
- Scroll of Protection cost reduced to 150.
- Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.05 replays cannot be
viewed with the 1.06 version of Warcraft III).
Patch 1.05 Game Changes
- Fixed a problem with viewing certain replays.
Patch 1.04c Game Changes
- Dates now use the system date format.
- Fixed some issues related to IME text input.
- Fixed some minor text wrapping issues that were occurring with Asian
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to keep Castles and Keeps alive for
abnormal lengths of time while those buildings were under attack.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.03 replays
cannot be viewed with the 1.04c version of Warcraft III.) Custom save games
will not load from versions 1.03 and below.
Patch 1.04 Game Changes
- Fixed an issue related to full shared unit control and allied play that could
cause one or more players to lose the ability to train or upgrade their own
- Fixed an issue that caused the experience point bars in Battle.net profiles
to improperly reflect recently gained or lost points.
- Fixed a graphic issue related to the ladder profile and the scroll bar.
- Humans: Divine Shield duration increased to 15/30/45 from 10/20/30.
- Humans: Divine Shield cooldown changed to 35/50/65 from 60/60/60.
- Humans: Avatar cooldown increased to 180 from 120.
- Humans: Resurrection mana cost reduced to 200 from 250.
- Humans: Sorceress acquisition range increased to 700 from 600, improving the
frequency with which Slow is auto-cast.
- Undead: Banshee acquisition range increased to 700 from 500, improving the
frequency with which Curse is auto-cast.
- Undead: Anti-magic Shell is once again dispellable. A summoned unit under a
shell does not take damage from the dispel, but will lose the shell.
- Undead: Anti-magic Shell mana cost reduced to 50 from 75.
- Undead: Sleep duration decreased on Hero units to 5/10/15 from 10/20/30.
- Undead: Web duration decreased on Hero units units to 7 from 20.
- Undead: Animate Dead mana cost reduced to 250 from 300.
- Undead: Player-controlled Ghouls no longer turn off pathing against units
when they are instructed to harvest lumber.
- Undead: Possession now takes 1 second to cast, up from 0.
- Orcs: Wards are no longer hit by Huntress Moon Glaive bounce.
- Orcs: Critical Strike no longer receives damage from Thorns Aura. However,
the Blademaster's base attack associated with a Critical Strike still interacts
with Thorns appropriately.
- Night Elves: Thorns no longer interacts with Critical Strike.
- Night Elves: Mana Burn mana cost reduced to 50 from 75.
- Night Elves: Mana Burn drain amount reduced to 50/100/150 from 100/200/300.
- Night Elves: Mana Burn cooldown reduced to 7 from 9.
- Night Elves: Huntress damage reduced to 1d3+14 from 1d3+15.
- Night Elves: Metamorphosis cooldown increased to 180 from 120.
- Night Elves: Cyclone duration reduced to 10/5.5 from 30/6 (normal unit/Hero
- Night Elves: Starfall cooldown increased to 180 from 120.
- Night Elves: Druid of the Talon (in Night Elf form) acquisition range
increased to 700 from 600, improving the frequency with which Faerie Fire is
- Night Elves: Ballista Impaling Bolt no longer functions with "Attack Ground."
- Night Elves: Ancient Protector cost reduced to 160/80 from 240/100.
- Night Elves: Ancient Protector hit points increased to 600 from 550.
- Night Elves: Ancient Protector armor decreased to 1 from 2.
- Night Elves: Ancient Protector minimum range reduced to 0 from 200.
- Night Elves: Ancient Protector ranged attack damage reduced to 1d10+44 from
- Night Elves: Ancient Protector damage type changed to pierce from siege.
- Night Elves: Ancient Protector splash damage reduced.
- Creeps: Murloc Mutant damage increased to 1d5+24 from 1d2+12.
- Many minor changes were made to many maps due to the balance changes made in
patch 1.03 and patch 1.04. Some examples include:
- (4) Lost Temple - Added more shallow water to the islands. Center creep camp
is a bit harder. Added Ogre Magi to the corner Ogre creep camps.
- (6) Moonglade - Reduced all creep camps approximately 2 levels.
- (8) The Crucible - All start locations should now be very similar, close to
trees with enough room to build. All Goblin Merchant creep camps are now
farther off the main path.
- (10) Dustwallow Keys - Fixed the choke point in the bottom left. Moved
Razormane creeps off the main paths.
- (12) Ice Crown - Fixed the creep levels so that all camps are equal.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.03 replays
cannot be viewed with the 1.04 version of Warcraft III.) Custom save games will
not load from versions 1.03 and below.
Patch 1.03 Game Changes
- Each AI player can now be set to one of three different settings: Easy,
Normal, and Insane.
- Allied AI will teleport to human allies' towns when the towns are under
- Allied AI will ping the minimap to indicate where they are going to attack
- Messages can now be sent when the "Waiting for Players" dialog is up.
- Added PowerPC optimizations and MacOS X 10.2 specific acceleration to the
- Fixed an issue with building reimbursement that could credit a player twice
for canceling a building.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the system date was set to > 2038.
- Fixed map loading crash that could result from custom units that sell too
- Fixed crash with Avance Sound cards. The fix requires a minor change to your
registry. If you are experiencing this problem, please contact our technical
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a corrupted save file.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on custom maps during some unit creation
- Fixed an issue causing localized versions of maps to be passed unnecessarily.
- Fixed Mass Teleport crash that could result from a target unit's dying before
- Fixed save/load map interaction that could result in an unresponsive game.
- Fixed an issue related to unit selection and upgrading Human towers.
- Fixed an issue with Dreadlord that could cause him to not take damage from
Unholy Frenzy if he had the Sleep skill.
- Fixed some AI mining issues that could occur when their original town hall
- Fixed an AMM chat message bug that could disconnect you if an AMM team game
message was sent just before game launch.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to save after choosing "Continue" in a
- Fixed a supply issue related to the Demon Hunter and his Metamorphosis
- Fixed Zeppelin drop exploit as a method of building locating through fog of
- Fixed an issue with saving while "Waiting for Players" dialog was up that
could result in a soft lock.
- Fixed an issue that could create an invincible Mountain King.
- Fixed an issue related to graphical display of auras from aura-generating
- Fixed an issue with Anti-magic Shell so it now properly interacts with
magic-immune and non-magic-immune summoned units.
- Fixed disappearance of Sentinel owl in conjunction w/ AOE-targeting circle.
- Fixed an issue with Huntress' bouncing missile that would allow it to hit a
secondary target even if it missed the primary target.
- Fixed an issue with rooted Ancients that would cause them to trigger Goblin
- Fixed an issue related to Hero illusions' carrying a Ring of Protection.
- Fixed an issue with Town Portal spell art.
- Fixed an issue with hit point/mana upgrades and Polymorph.
- Fixed an issue with the Abolish Magic ability and allies.
- Fixed an issue with poison that could kill a unit. Poison, by itself, should
only take a unit to the brink of death.
- Fixed an issue related to the interaction of Shift-adding units to a group
and unit deaths.
- Fixed an issue related to replays, selection circles, and changing player
- Fixed an issue with Cyclone and moving units creating aerial footprints.
- Fixed keyboard screen scroll and "Waiting for Players" interaction.
- Fixed several minor text and tooltip issues.
- Fixed a few improper combat sound assignments on creeps and NPCs.
- Frost Wyrm attack now also slows air units.
- AI Keepers of the Grove no longer cast Force of Nature on different cliff
- Night Elf AI now uses the Wisp's Renew ability effectively.
- Disease (Plague) and poison no longer wake sleeping units.
- Moon Glaive bounce no longer hits invisible units.
- Demon Hunter's attack while in Demon Form no longer damages self or allies.
- Upgraded building shadows no longer update through the fog of war.
- Necklace of Spell Immunity no longer drops a Blademaster's Wind Walk.
- Observers no longer gain full player UI when entering a loaded game.
- Observers no longer get gold/lumber/supply UI when selecting neutral
- Fog of war updates properly now if you are alt-tabbed out of game.
- War3 now warns you when you save game or screenshot or profile if there's not
enough available disk space.
- Improved "We're Under Attack" messages so they trigger at more appropriate
WORLD EDITOR FIXES
- Fixed Macintosh World Editor crash.
- Added Unit Editor field for building upgrades.
- Increased number of possible dialog buttons from 5 to 12.
- Added blank entries for all units that don't normally have abilities or
attacks, allowing a user to potentially add these through the Unit Editor.
- Added Unit Editor field to set unit sounds to that of another unit type.
- Reorganized limits on pre-placed neutral units. Neutral hostile buildings now
count towards the "unit" limit of 512, and only passive buildings count towards
the "building" limit of 96.
- Fixed bug where map auto-save could bypass object limit checks.
- Fixed Sound Editor bug that would sometimes delete an imported sound file
from the map if it was imported from outside the War3 directory and the Test
Map feature was used before the map was saved.
- Fixed force issue that would cause Force 11 when you selected Force 10 for a
trigger in the editor.
- Humans: Brilliance Aura has been reworked, and is no longer % based. It now
adds a fixed amount of mana per second to units under its power -- .75, 1.5,
and 2.25 respectively by level. While it's just as effective with mass
spell-casters, players will find it is less powerful (though still exceedingly
useful) with Heroes.
- Humans: Divine Shield now costs 25 mana, down from 75.
- Humans: Blizzard no longer goes up in radius as the level of the ability
- Humans: Water elementals now last 60 seconds, down from 75.
- Undead: Gargoyles' ground attack was substantially upgraded. They now do
21-24 damage, up from 16-18 damage. They also have less armor (3, down from 5),
but also hit harder against air units, doing 51-63 damage, up from 46-57
damage. Note that they are still just as effective against air units as they
were before, but their ground attack has been much improved.
- Undead: Death Pact now costs 50 mana (down from 75), and can be cast twice as
frequently as before (15 seconds cooldown from 30).
- Undead: Lich Heroes now have far more hit points, as they now have 15 str +
2/level, up from 13 + 1.6/level.
- Undead: Frost Armor is now an auto-cast spell which will target units under
attack if auto-casting is enabled. Frost Armor also costs less mana - 40 down
- Undead: The Spirit Tower Upgrade now costs 160/40, up from 120/40.
- Undead: Crypt Fiends' attack was slightly improved.
- Orcs: Headhunters have more hit points (350, up from 280), but also strike
- Orcs: Stasis Trap no longer stuns friendly units, but has a shorter duration
(6 seconds, down from 12 seconds). Stasis Traps, when they are set off, also
destroy other Stasis Traps within their area of effect.
- Orcs: Kodo Beasts now have 1000 hit points, up from 790 hit points. They also
attack more slowly than before.
- Orcs: Orc Barracks cost less lumber: 50, down from 70.
- Orcs: Watch Towers now do 16-18 damage, down from 19-22 damage.
- Orcs: Grunts now have 700 hit points, up 20 from 680.
- Orcs: Shaman's attack is far less powerful. They attack somewhat more slowly,
and also do 11-12 damage, down from 14-16 damage.
- Orcs: Stasis Ward and Sentry Ward no longer inhibit movement or building
- Night Elves: Sentinel can now be removed from a tree with various dispels
(Wand of Negation, Dryads, etc.), as well by attacking the tree with a peon or
siege unit (previously, the tree had to be destroyed - now it merely has to be
- Night Elves: Mana Burn no longer affects units with Mana Burn (Demon Hunters,
Satyr Soulstealers, Felhounds, etc.).
- Night Elves: Thorns is now a %-based ability that reflects 10%, 20% or 30% of
melee damage dealt by level.
- Night Elves: Wisp's sight radius increased by 25%.
- Night Elves: Detonate now does 225 damage against summoned creatures, up from
- Night Elves: Non-tree buildings now have 5 armor, up from 2.
- Night Elves: Ballistae now have an "Attack Ground" command.
- Night Elves: Force of Nature cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, down from 30
- Night Elves: Treants now last 60 seconds, down from 75 seconds.
- Night Elves: Eating trees now gives a constant, non-stacking healing effect
for 10 seconds.
- Night Elves: Moon Wells now spend mana on health and mana replenishment
separately. For instance, if you sent a 0-mana, nearly dead Demon Hunter to a
Moon Well, and the Moon Well had 100 mana, your DH would gain 25 mana, and 100
health. Before, the Hero would gain 200 health and 50 mana. This change does
not affect the benefits of healing a unit without mana.
- Creeps: All melee creeps in between levels 1 and 5 are slightly more
- Creeps: All creeps of level 6 or higher now have Hero magic resistance.
- Creeps: Creeps of level 7 or higher will behave more intelligently in
- Creeps: All creeps of level 7 or higher now deal Chaos damage.
- Creeps: Level 10 Dragons no longer have spell immunity.
- Creeps: Many minor creep balance tweaks to damage and abilities.
- Creeps: Mercenaries are now more accurately priced in general, which in most
cases amounts to price decreases.
- Items: Scepter of Mastery no longer will drop randomly in multiplayer maps.
- Items: Tome of Power, Mask of Death both increased in level (8 to 9 and 8 to
- Items: Wand of Lightning Shield is now a level-3 item, down from level 6.
- Items: Sentry Ward item now comes with 3 charges, down from 5.
- Items: Periapt of Vitality now gives 150 hps, up from 100.
- Items: Pendant of Mana now gives 250 mana, down from 300.
- Items: Tome of Experience now gives Heroes 150 experience points, down from
NOTE: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.02 replays
cannot be viewed with the 1.03 version of Warcraft III.)
Patch 1.02a Game Changes
- Added localized Battle.net messages.
Patch 1.02 Game Changes
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to abuse dragons with Devour.
- Fixed an issue with dragons that could cause them to divert attacks.
- Necklace of Immunity, Tome of Greater Experience, and Goblin Land Mines no
longer randomly drop in multiplayer games.
- Scroll of Resurrection & Scroll of Animate Dead item level increased.
- Bridges are no longer destroyable on the (6)Stromguarde.w3m map.
NOTE: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.01 replays
cannot be viewed with the 1.02 version of Warcraft III.)
Patch 1.01b Game Changes
- Fixes a problem where players were disconnected from a game as it was
starting and thus getting a loss.
Patch 1.01 Game Changes
- Fixed an issue with control group selection.
- Fixed an issue with "Observers On Defeat" option causing games to end when an
observer would quit.
- Fixed an issue with preselection events and Fog of War.
- Fixed an issue with spacebar events working when the game was paused.
-Raised cooldown on several Creep spells
-Goblin Sappers can no longer be loaded into Goblin Zeppelins
-Orcs: Shaman (Bloodlust attack rate decreased from 50% to 40%)
-Humans: Mortar Team (hit points reduced from 380 to 360)
-Orcs: Catapult (hit points reduced from 500 to 425)
-Undead: Meat Wagon (hit points reduced from 450 to 380)
-Night Elves: Ballista (hit points reduced from 450 to 380)
-Night Elves: Druid of the Claw Master Training (cost reduced from 250/100 to
150/50, upgrade time reduced from 75 sec. to 45 sec.)
-Night Elves: Priestess of the Moon (Starfall damage reduced from 75 per wave
to 50 per wave, duration increased from 30 sec. to 45 sec., damage factor
reduced to 35% vs. buildings)
-Night Elves: Treant (damage reduced from an average of 17 to 16)
-Night Elves: Ancient Protector rooted damage increased from 43-65 to 52-64 (58
-Night Elves: Night Elves: Demon Hunter (Mana Burn ranged increased from 25 to
-Night Elves: Moon Wells now give 50% mana back and 200% health
-Night Elves: Keeper of the Grove (Force of Nature cooldown increased from 20
sec. to 30 sec.)
-Night Elves: Nature's Blessing upgrade is now first available at Tree of Ages
instead of Tree of Eternity
|File Name: war3roc_117a_english.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 14.39 MB||Files Added: 9,777|
|Downloads: 2,010 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,404,152 (57,980 last week)|
|Posted: 12.05.2004||Supporters: n/a|