Map: Tropical Assault - Footman Wars
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne: All Downloads (389) Patches (30) | Mods (103) | Maps (252) | Others (4)
A new map by the Modcraft 3D Team.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: Modcraft 3D Team
- Warcraft III Frozen Throne installed in your computer, updated to at least Patch 1.20.
- (Multiplayer LAN/Garena or GG-Game) Internet connection of course.
I have resized the map so that it can accomodate the new battlefield, waygates, mercenary camps and Ancient Temples which are essential for two new game modes. New methods of Hero selection like -ar and -random. Players can now repick Heroes but only once. All bugs from the previous beta have been fixed but it's still in the testing process. New and subtle improvements have been made. I assure you the map is much better now.
In this game, teams choose races and compete against each other, as standard units are generated for each player periodically. Each player chooses and controls a Hero which will lead his army of soldiers. Destroy the enemy fortresses to win.
* Created from scratch, from the beginning.
* 5 races with 3 Heroes each.
* Spawned units can follow Rally Points.
* Race and Unit Type selection through Dialog Boxes at game start.
* Basic AI for computer-controlled slots.
* Custom upgrades (which improve strength of spawned units and speed up rate of spawning) and unique items.
* Special Events (including Duels) which players can enter in an arena and compete. Rewards & attribute bonuses are given to the winner of the event.
* Hireable Boss Creeps - powerful and expensive behemoths that can fight by your side and literally crush your enemies.
* Allrandom and Random hero selection. Players can Repick heroes but only once.
* Cool terrain emphasizing a tropical battleground.
Things to know about:
* Rally points can work for spawned units. In Wc3 melee, you are developing and expanding your base camp while controlling armies, your Hero, and additional expansion bases you have created, so can a player manage his town hall, remote armies and his Hero in this map. Your skills in melee Wc3 can be applied here, which is an advantage.
* Players can now toggle between Ready and Not Ready for Duels by typing eiter -drdy (ready) or -dnrdy (not ready). A player challenging another player who's Not Ready won't be able to duel that particular player. This has been made to prevent abuse, like players w/ strong heroes challenging weaker ones to stack in more gold.
* The AI is quite stupid (but still decent enough for Single Player). Your allies and enemies only attack-move at the center of the map in fixed intervals. But don't underestimate your enemies, they can do alot of damage too! For a good game, try a 2v2v2v2 with the other 3 teams as computer players. Fullhouse games are more likely to happen when filling slots w/ computer players.
|File Name: Tropical_Assault_Footman_Wars_AI_v1.6.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 1.13 MB||Files Added: 9,436|
|Downloads: 4,205 (16 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,220,923 (69,952 last week)|
|Posted: 24.12.2008||Supporters: n/a|