Full-Game: Warzone 2100 2.1 beta 5 (Windows)
Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project: All Downloads (12) Patches (3) | Mods (4) | Maps (1) | Others (4)
Warzone 2100 version 2.1 beta 5 by the Warzone 2100 Team. Changes are mainly bug fixes and the addition of a mod: New Team War by Delphino. See File Details for more info.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Authors: Warzone 2100 team
Warzone 2100 is a 3D realtime strategy game on a future Earth.
Upon entering the game you land from your transport and establish your base. Here you conduct research, design and manufacture vehicles, build new structures and prepare your plans of global conquest. If the game goes badly you'll end up fighting last ditch battles here to defend your base from enemy attacks.
Combat is frenetic, with extensive graphical effects and buildings giving rise to flying shrapnel and boulders. Within the game are many different structures and vehicles. From an initial Command Center, you then go on to build Resource Extractors to provide fuel for Power Generators, which in turn supply energy to Factories, Research Facilities and weapons emplacements to protect your base.
* 400+ Technologies to research
* 2,000+ different units to design
* 3 Large campaign maps to conquer
* 24 Fast play mission maps for extra action
* Intelligence Display sets objectives dynamically
* Interactive message system
* Fast Play Interface graphically Based
* Quick Screen Navigation
* Fast Find System for units & structures
* Set Factories to constant production
* Automatically send each factory's units to where you want them
* Cross-Platform internet/intranet multiplayer with up to 8 players
* Challenging Computer-AI
2008-09-28: Version 2.1_beta5
* Change: Reordered main menus. Skirmish is now under Single Player.
* Fix: Various source compilation fixes.
* Fix: Researching Gas Turbine Generator no longer reduces the output of power generators (bug #12262)
* New: New Team War (NTW) by Delphino added
* Multiplayer (non-skirmish only):
* New: Added visual feedback for when there are no games available in the lobby.
* Fix: Smoking healthy droids gone.
* Fix: Cyborg transports should now unload correctly. (bug #12116)
* Fix: The OS X build system now works properly on both Tiger and Leopard.
* New: Bison is no longer an external dependency when building on OS X as it is automatically downloaded if the system version of Bison is incompatible with the build system.
* Pathfinding and savegames:
* Change: We now use zones for path-finding again. This means savegames from beta4 are no longer useable. Your beta4 savegames can be used with 2.2, however.
2008-07-19: Version 2.1_beta4
* New: An error will be shown if an invalid command line option is used.
* New: Support for coloured mouse cursors (ingame only, not in menus), controlled by configuration option "ColouredCursor". Turned off by default. (patch #956)
* New: "Map Preview" button added to the multiplayer/skirmish lobby, including ability to preview starting positions. (patch #1040)
* New: A 'Ready' button that all players must press in order to start a multiplayer game.
* Change: Game speed is limited to 0.3-1.5 range in non-debug mode.
* Change: 'ENTER' key is now the default key for bringing up the chat dialog instead of 'T' (key configuration must be reset in the 'Key Mappings' dialog).
* Change: All sources and data from the "original" release ("original" here means the open sourcing in december 2004) are now explicitly released under the conditions of the GPL; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version of this license.
* Fix: Game won't crash when commander units are used.
* Fix: Placing a beacon on map will not result in memory corruption and a crash anymore. (bugs #10955, #11373, and #11005)
* Fix: Invalid group orders during multiplayer games are ignored. (bug #11358)
* Fix: Smoking structures. (bug #11348)
* Fix: AIs are now always run on Host's machine during multiplayer games.
* Fix: Save games will load properly when trying to load them when a game is already in progress. (bug #11467)
* Fix: Multiple Nexus Link crashes. (bugs #11500, #11501, and #11444)
* Fix: Assert if upgrading building while second building tab open. (bugs #9336 and #11446)
* Fix: Assert when smoke effects drift off the map. (bug #11586)
* Fix: Trucks going in circles. (bug #11341)
* Fix: Bug that would make sliders inactive in multiplayer when not hosting a game.
* Fix: Lots of other things that we may have forgotten about. This beta really does contain a lot of bug fixes.
* New: Support changing the language via the menu. (patch #1018)
* Fix: Translation-related bug in the structure limits screen fixed. (bug #11345)
* Fix: Translations now completely work on Windows, too.
* New: Human player console messages are rendered using brighter color. Friend-foe colors are can be turned on using Shift+Tab key combination.
* Change: Dull mini-map player colors were replaced by brighter colors.
* Fix: The sky does not disappear anymore when a tooltip is shown. (bug #11216)
* Fix: Render super-cyborgs using the bucket list, to avoid jittery HP bars.
* Fix: Derricks do not disappear or blink anymore. (bug #11357)
* Fix: Bad textures after third load of saved game. (bug #11641)
* Fix: Textures missing on first beta away mission. (bug #11733)
* New: A sound is played and a notification is shown on the console when placing a beacon on the map. F12 key can be used to jump to the beacon location.
* Change: Oil pumping and power generator hum sounds are quieter.
* Fix: Game crashes with SIGABRT when starting mission beta 1 (bug #11580)
* Fix: Doesn't disconnect from server port when stopping the game before it starts again (bug #11656)
* Fix: Fix GUI crash when loading a specific savegame twice in a row.
* Fix: Several memory leaks fixed.
* Fix: Bad textures after third load of saved game (bug #11641)
* Fix: Rearming non-weapon VTOLs (e.g. sensor, constructor, etc.) causes the game to crash (bug #11865)
* Workaround: Crash on first level of campaign (bug #11659)
* Workaround: Remove assert check triggered in structure.c (bug #11984; currently still not fully solved)
* Change: Add proper icons for the 'ready' buttons in the multiplayer/skirmish lobby.
* Fix: Fix tooltip for the circle order. Used to read 'patrol'.
* Fix: Crash when opening any of the research/manufacture/construct menus in game (bugs #11669 and #12036)
* New: Prevent structure 'painting' exploit by making unfinished structures return power with time and disappear when all power was given back. (patch #1030)
* New: Units gain speed increase with experience. (patch #906)
* Change: Effect of skirmish modifier slider increased by 20%.
* Change: Removed lowest power level, added a higher power level.
* Change: VTOL movement rules simplified. No cliff height limitations anymore.
* Fix: Building limits apply correctly. (bug #11293)
* Fix: Rocket Autoloader research does not appear before lancer is researched and has "HEAT Rocket Warhead" as a prerequisite, instead of "HEAP Mini-Rockets". (bug #11312)
* Fix: When cheating is on AIs get power boost on client's machines too.
* Fix: VTOLs did not move over water. (bug #11638)
* Multiplayer (non-skirmish only):
* Change: Make sure that packet size is turned into big endian before we send it. This allows games between big (e.g. PowerPC) and little (e.g. Intel/AMD) endian machines, but breaks network compatibility with previous versions.
* Fix: When three players join the multiplayer lobby dialog, one drops (bug #11829)
* Fix: "Randomly" exploding droids.
* Exception handler (aka crash dumper):
* New: Provide assembly and register dumps of the crash site.
* New: Add PhysicsFS version information to dumps.
* New: Add the used command line to dumps.
* New: Dump up to 20 of the last output debug messages.
* Balancing (Multiplayer Only):
* Change: Tank Killer now fires four projectiles instead of two, total firepower is unaffected.
* Change: AA Projectiles fly faster which increases accuracy.
* Change: Hitpoints of Hardpoints, Fortresses and Walls slightly increased. Hitpoints of other structures doubled.
* Change: All cyborgs are produced faster by 10-15%.
* Change: Mini-pod's accuracy decreased by 10%.
* Change: Mini-Rocket Artillery short range accuracy increased by 10%, long range accuracy decreased by 15%.
* Change: Super Heavy-Gunner, Super HPV Cyborg, Super Auto-Cannon Cyborg and Tank-Killer Cyborg have more firepower.
* Change: Cost of Super Rail-Gunner, Super HPV Cyborg slightly decreased. Cost of Super Pulse Laser Cyborg, Super Heavy-Gunner and Super Auto-Cannon Cyborg halved to match their firepower.
* Change: Super Scourge Cyborg's cost increased by 10%.
* Change: Super HPV Cyborg has longer range, Super Auto-Cannon Cyborg's range slightly decreased.
* Change: Super Cyborg's build time slightly decreased.
* Change: Flamers Rate of Fire decreased, damage increased. The resulting damage in the game is not affected.
* Change: Inferno weapon fires two jets instead of one.
* Change: All flamers are 5% less effective against tracked units.
* Change: Rate of Fire of Hyper Velocity Cannon decreased, damage increased. The resulting damage in the game is not affected.
* Change: Bunker Buster's damage increased by 30% to make it competitive against flamers.
* Change: Anti-tank weapons are 15% more effective against hardpoints.
* Change: Anti-tank weapons effectiveness increased from 110% to 133% against Half-tracked units, decreased from 133% to 110% against Tracked units.
* Change: Cost of all bodies (except for 'Viper' body) decreased to reflect body's real value. Later bodies have more value that earlier bodies to justify research cost and time.
* Change: Tank-Killer hardpoint cost decreased from 300 to 275.
* Change: Range of Mini-Rocket Artillery increased from 7.5 tiles to 8.5 tiles.
* Change: Bunker Buster rocket is available earlier and has "Synaptic Link Data Analysis Mk3" and "HEAP Mini-Rockets" as prerequisites instead of Lancer and "HEAT Rocket Warhead Mk3".
* Aivolution AI:
* New: Different taunts.
* New: To find out what AI players are using Aivolution AI type "are you aiv?" in the game.
* Fix: Using "go
" command makes Aivolution send its units to the proper player now.
* Fix: Division by zero error fixed.
* Fix: Won't ask allies for help when already defeated.
* Fix: Assert when trying to find out player name based on incorrect player number.
* Fix: All dialogs between allied AIs are visible to all allies.
* Fix: A beacon is always placed on map before initializing a command.
* Fix: Several Aivolution AIs sending chat messages at the same time will not result in an infinite loop anymore.
* Fix: Undefended enemy derricks will now be properly attacked with defenses by trucks.
* Fix: Crash when starting skirmish game with aivolution (bug #11930)
* Change: We no longer use zones for path-finding. If they are present in the map file, they will be ignored. Gateways are only used by AI.
2008-03-16: Version 2.1_beta2
* New: Preview of italian (35% complete), french (25%) and russian (9%) translations
* Fix: Crash (integer divide by zero) when starting a multiplayer game after playing a single player game
* Fix: A memory corruption in structure limits could cause destroy button to disappear (among other things)
* Fix: Crash during saving in multiplayer/skirmish mode, when Aivolution AI is enabled (bug #11084)
* Fix: Special characters would be printed as '?' (bug #10913)
* Fix: Warzone could lock up, trying to pick a droid (bug #11250)
* New: Replaced old menu backdrops with new, high-res ones
* Change: Reduce the number of atmospheric particles generated and lower the CPU usage
* Fix: Briefings were not displayed at high resolutions (bug #11121)
* Fix: Fonts were not displayed with QuesoGLC 0.7.0 (patch #961)
* Fix: Fireworks looked crappy (patch #994)
* Fix: Restarting a map caused "unable to load experience" messages (bug #11085)
* Fix: Upgrade power generator with powModule instead of resModule (bug #11122)
* Fix: AI opponents would use the medium yellow body all the time (bug #11097)
* Balancing (Multiplayer):
* Change: Let weapons with high ROF but low damage deal damage too (bug #11191)
* Change: Fortress balacing adapted
2008-02-17: Version 2.1_beta1
* New: i18n support (German translation at 95%, dansk 13%, dutch 11%)
* New: Optional additional AI: Aivolution
* New: 64bit compatibility
* New: Video options menu to allow for things such as resolution to be
changed without needing to manually edit the config file.
* New: 'Locked Teams' alliance mode: human players and AIs can play in a team against other teams.
* New: Allies now have shared vision in 'Teamplay' and 'Locked Teams' modes.
* New: Height-map mini-map mode (Default key combination to cycle through mini-map modes: Ctrl+Tab).
* New: Multi-Turret support for units and structures.
* New: 'Circle' command for VTOLs - upon activation will make VTOLs fly in circles and engage approaching enemies.
* New: A more realistic miss/hit evaluation system - allows to dodge projectiles.
* New: Top, bottom, left, right, front and rear armor types for units.
* New: Improved scripting language documentation.
* New: UTF-8 and font rendering support added (aids in i18n). This depends on QuesoGLC.
* Change: Migrate all networking code to a new and improved net-primitives API.
* Change: Store data in "Local Settings\Application Data" instead of "My Documents\My Games", as Microsoft recommends.
* Fix: Skirmish difficulty slider now applies settings to the right players.
* Campaign Mode:
* Fix: accuracy, damage and ROF upgrades, which were mistakenly applied to Mini-Pods and Mini-Rocket
Artillery, are now correctly applied to Lancer, Bunker Buster, Tank Killer and Ripple Rockets.
* Unit AI:
* New: Multi-criteria target selection routine to automatically choose the best suitable target.
* New: Units and structures will constantly look for a better target taking into consideration
targets of the friendly units nearby - won't lock on one target forever anymore.
* Skirmish/Multiplayer AI:
* New: Enabled basic level of Human-AI cooperation, for more information visit: http://wz2100.net/wiki/gameplay:cooperative_ai
* New: AI units now return to defend its own base when it's in trouble.
* Improved: AI is faster at producing units, upgrading structures and oil capturing.
* Several other improvements.
* Fix: AI doesn't get free units when playing in 'Advanced Bases' mode anymore.
* Fix: AI won't preferably attack humans anymore.
* New: Gettext required (0.17 is known to work)
* New: Intel C++ Compiler (ICC) supported (10.0 is known to work, FIXME: only release-mode compiles atm :FIXME)
* Change: No optional dependencies anymore (Ogg/Vorbis now required)
* Change: Use pkg-config (0.9 should work) instead of autoconf scripts for SDL, PNG and Ogg/Vorbis (Faster)
* Balancing (Multiplayer):
* Rock-Paper-Scissors applied to all weapon types by emphasizing their specialization.
* Less popular technologies like LasSat, Fortresses, Flamers, Mini-Pods, Light Cannon are made more attractive
by raising their effectivity.
* Cost/Performance ratio improved for Cyborgs.
* Cannons cause more splash damage are now more versatile in their use.
* Lancer and Tracks have more pre-requisites to become available.
2007-12-28: Version 2.0.10
* Change: Exit screen looks a bit cleaner than before now
* Change: Add some more info to the POSIX exception handler (Used compiler, responsible distributor)
* Fix: Make sure that sound still works with libvorbis 1.1 (this got broken in 2.0.9)
* Fix: Prevent AMD OpenGL driver (slow) software rendering fallback, introduced in 2.0.8 (bug #10486)
* New: Distributors now should use --with-distributor="Some String" when configuring, so we can track back where the dump comes from
2007-12-03: Version 2.0.9
* Fix: Sound works with libvorbis 1.2.0 (no more hangups) (bug #10153)
2007-12-01: Version 2.0.8
* New: Possibility to use the zero-key ('0') to assign groups to as well (patch #828)
* New: Repeat keypresses if the key is hold long enough (e.g. one press of 'A' becomes 'AAAAAAAAAA' if just held long enough)
* Fix: Remove invalid references to software renderer textures (caused crashes between campaign 1-2 and 2-3) (bug #9497)
* Fix: Improve POSIX exception handler reliability (GDB could have had trouble locating the executable)
* Fix: Dead objects could be targeted when structures used commanders and counterbatteries for targeting
* Fix: Prevent divide by zero errors caused by ordering a VTOL to attack a droid at the same X & Y coordinates (bug #9704)
* Fix: Workaround mysterious crash when updating beacons (bug #9455)
* Fix: Crash on game exit (bug #9927)
* Fix: Don't add/remove droids to/from groups upon selecting/deselecting them (patch #829)
* Fix: Crash where rearming VTOL would try to set a dead target (r2651)
* Change: In the "Join Game" menu you can now choose between "IP" (same as the old "Internet" option) and "Lobby" (directly proceed to the Lobbyserver)
* Change: Protocol-selection removed from "Host Game", since the only option was "Internet"
* Fix: Workaround a bug in OpenAL SI 0.0.8 GNU/Linux, which could lead to a crash
* Fix: Crash upon receiving invalid sound ID numbers (out of bounds array access) (bug #9694)
* Fix: Crash when loading sounds without filenames (patch #855, bugs #9927 and #10142)
* Change: Slightly faster terrain rendering (+ 5-10%) (patch #830, patch #833)
* Fix: Make progress bar white again
* Fix: Textures where not properly reloaded when finishing a campaign and continueing with the next (bug #9923)
* Fix: Reduce the dark borders around the terrain tiles (patch #845)
* Fix: Slight visual improvement: Reduced flickering of ground and water tiles (patch #841)
2007-06-22: Version 2.0.7
* New: Screenshots are now saved as PNGs for better quality
* Fix: AutoPackage (Linux Installer) should be easier to install now and also work on non Athlon CPUs. It doesn't support playback of MP3s anymore, though.
* Fix: It was possible to disable the computer in singleplayer games
* Fix: Crashes caused by not-loaded file when sound is disabled
* Fix: Crashes after the mission briefing
* Fix: Crash related to the satelite uplink
* Fix: A potential buffer overflow when using longer file names than expected to set the background music
* New: Masterserver name and IP, as well as the gameserver port is now configurable
* New: Configurable framerate limit
* New: Possibility to always allow debugmode
* Change: Warzone will now run in fullscreen by default (current configurations won't be affected)
2007-03-31: Version 2.0.6
* New: New exceptionhandler allows better bugreports by saving memory dumps (On Windows and Linux)
* Fix: Windows 98 is supported again
* Fix: Saving of config should work correctly for all settings again
* Fix: Missing transport in Campaign 2 Mission 1 and Campaign 3 Mission 1 arrives again
* Fix: Various crashes
* New: Skybox
* New: Translucent selection-box from version 1.x restored
* Fix: Better fog
* Fix: Wrongly displayed tileset in Campaign 2 Mission 1 and Campaign 3 Mission 1 properly fixed
* Fix: Camera now properly displayed on radar
* Fix: Gamma control support improved
* Fix: Colors on Mac corrected
* Fix: No more invalid OpenAL errors
* Fix: Properly startup without sound
* Cutscenes (still text only):
* Change: Make texts more easily readable
* Change: Proceed faster so it does not look as if Warzone hangs
* Change: Exit by pressing left mouse button
* Commandline options:
* Fix: --resolution works as expected now
* Build system:
* New: Docs can now be installed in Autotools builds
* New: You can now control the installation dir for the icon and .desktop file by passing --icondir and --applicationdir to configure
* New: MSVC project file now supports automated building of lexers/parsers
* Change: Generation of lexers/parsers changed
* Change: Data is now build by default
* Change: Automated building of NSIS installer is now supported on Linux and Windows
(You will have to set --with-makensis --with-installer-libdir and --with-installer-version)
* Fix: Autotool build: Cleaning and uninstallation has been fixed (and generally Automake's features are used better)
2006-09-07: Version 2.0.5
* New: Added beacons for skirmish and multiplayer, can be placed on map and radar, default key combination: Alt+H
* New: Allied players send vision to each other automatically (only once)
* New: Non-Mac versions can now load Mac-created savegames and the other way round
* New: Ctrl+MouseWheel makes game speed up or slow down
* New: MouseWheel over radar makes radar zoom in/out
* New: Basic map editing in debug mode. 'w' and 'a' raise and lower terrain, 'k' flips tiles
* Fix: Nasty crashes related to (not) playing videos are fixed
* Fix: License clarification
* Fix: Playlists with DOS line endings should work now
* Fix: Improve shadow performance and fix OpenGL specs violation
* Fix: Framerate counting gives correct results now
* Commandline options:
* New: --noshadows: switches off shadows for better performance (--shadows enables them again)
* New: --nosound: switches off sound (--sound enables it again)
* Change: --viewport becomes --resolution
* Build system:
* New: MinGW32 crosscompilation support
* Change: src/version.* not used anymore. In MSVC define VERSION=\"...\" in preprocessor settings instead
* Change: Raw Makefile improvements for WIN32: Now adding an icon ressource
* Change: Install desktop icons via "make install"
2006-08-25: Version 2.0.4
* Changed namings: Project: Warzone Resurrection Project, Product: Warzone 2100, Binary: warzone2100(.exe)
* MacOS / big endian support
* Desktopmenu entry for Linux (AutoPackage/Debian package)
* Different minimap modes (backported from 0.2.3)
* Fix crash when not properly creating the write dir on Windows
* Fix crash when using uppercase savegame names on Linux
* Several security fixes
* Other bug fixes
* Fixed music playlist loading and ogg music playback
* 16bpp "supported" (basic playing possible, graphics glitches may occur, eg. missing progressbars)
* Warzone uses AI from original version 1.10
* AI reacts faster and builds stronger and more high-tech things
* Fixed a bug which prevented the AI from creating oil derricks
* Data is now stored in "Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Warzone 2.0" (in your local language) on Windows
* Support for functions (including local variables, arguments and return values)
* String support
* AI can now send and recieve text messages
* Many new predefined functions
* Commandline options:
* New option: --version shows current version and marks debug compiles
* Using --long-opts instead of -short-opts now
* -1234x456 has changed to --viewport 1234x456
* Cheat mode access changed
* Logfile shows revision and version
* Script parse errors now report filename and line number
* Warzone is now a full Windows app. Debug output goes to stdout.txt/stderr.txt
* You can now add any number of own debugging callbacks to output to various media
Current implementations: stderr, -debugfile and Windows debugger
See lib/framework/debug.c, src/clparse.c and src/main.c for examples
* Debuging now outputs the same on all compilers
* Build system:
* Makefile.raw system improved. Works without sh/MSys now.
* AutoMake build now requires version 1.8
2006-07-01: Version 2.0.3
* New logo
* Menu improvements
* Master server support
* Made scenario briefings visible
* Fixed bugs which could prevent the transport from arriving
* Fixed file loading/saving on Windows
* Fixed nearly all memleaks
* Various crashfixes
* Code improvements/simplifications and commonalization
* Pressing TAB pastes clipboard in host address dialogue (join network game)
* Pressing ALT+S toggles shadows
* Framerate limited to a sane amount (60 currently)
* PNG support (converted all PCX files and removed support for them)
* Support for JPEG files in .wz packages
* Maximum polygons and vertices in pie files increased to 512
* Fixes for the shadows
* Fixed sound system shutdown
* Warzone starts with busy audio device
(eg while playing music from another program)
* Commandline options:
* -help added
for userdefined data locations
to enable global mod (in mods/global)
to enable multiplay only mod (in mods/multiplay)
to enable campaign only mod (in mods/campaign)
* Support for mods:
* Starting an original map in multiplay mode will load campaign mods only
* Starting a map from patches (original maps in T2+3 and all other maps)
will load multiplay mods as expected
* Improved search for data and allow running from src/ directory
dir/maps > dir/mods > dir/mp/ > dir/ > dir/mp.wz > dir/warzone.wz
-datadir > User's home (maps/mods only) > SVN data (plain only) > AutoPackage > Program dir > DEFAULT_DATADIR
* Write directory (where config, savegames and screenshots are saved)
is USERDIR\warzone-2.0 on Windows and HOME/.warzone-2.0 on Linux
* All file handling is now case insensitive
* Merge of all 01,02,0x patches into mp/ directory
* Patches (mp.wz) and original data (warzone.wz) are split when installed
(Fixes problems with T2+3 maps)
* Build system:
* make (un)install support
* make DESTDIR="..." support
* Flex and Bison are used to generate parsers
* AutoPackage support (http://autopackage.org/)
* G++ support
* MSVC support
2005-10-20: Version 0.2.3
* Added hack to disable shadows.
* Added fps meter.
* Added map preview
* ctrl-tab objects-only radar view
* shift-tab ally-enemy radar view
* make wz remember last used ip for 'enter ip' dialog box
* allies must be visible in multiplayer/skirmish
* fixed double/empty multiplayer msgs
* added routine to process console commands (they start with '/' right now)
* won't send empty lines in lobby and in-game chats anymore
* player's own messages are not doubled during multiplayer games anymore
* Fixed Color issues thanks to input from Troman. :)
* This release fixes more .wz stuff (map loading),
you need a maps directory now for this to work.
This is located on the root directory, along with the music directory.
2005-07-28: Version 0.2.2
* More Compiler warning fixes.
* Fixed a few assert-related problems.
* Lots of lex/yacc related fixes.
* Fixed a crash with missing videos
* Fixed a wrong function definition / call in multiint.c.
* Fixed crash with international characters.
* Fixed memory release crash.
* Removed the last traces of stubs.c in both ivis directories (and thus fixed building the software renderer with automake).
* Check that video mode can actually be set.
* Changed the static makefiles to build the OpenGL version by default. Use GFX=software for the software renderer.
* It is now possible to compile the game with g++ using the -fpermissive compiler flag.
2005-07-16: Version 0.2.1
* .net bug fixes.
* Music sample rate fix.
* New: Shuffle mode for playlists.
* Fixed tile-related crash.
* Removed useless culling code.
* Moved MatScale function into the ivis lib.
* Configure fix: OpenAL is required, not optional.
* More code cleanup.
* gcc4 fixes (thanks to Matze Braun).
* Fixed problem with power plant effect.
* Now use rand() for shuffle mode in playlist on all platforms.
* Fixed sound-related crash on exit.
* Fixed crash when saving without any available sound device.
* Fixed a division by zero.
* Made the banner ad only display on pause, since having it on all the time is
* --enable-debug removed from configuration options for the time being.
* Changed playlist syntax. Replaced '[track1]' and '[track2]' with less cryptic
'[game]' and '[menu]' tags.
* Removed some no-more-needed verbosity during playlist parsing.
* Reverted to wdg data file format, which re-enabled technology levels 2 and
3, plus more maps.
* More sample musics from Neos in order to demo the new shuffle mode.
* Cleaned-up (kinda...) JPEG backdrops used for backgrounds in OpenGL.
2005-06-25: Version 0.2
* Code cleanups and minor bug corrections.
* Correction of a bug that prevented network games between Windows and Linux
machines. Windows-only or Linux-only network games were unaffected.
* Music support added. See README.
* Merge of source and data tarballs.
* Video sequences removed (they can't be used anyway).
* "Thump-thump" of the oil-pumps toned down a bit.
* COPYING (oops !), README, CHANGELOG and AUTHORS added to base directory.
2005-06-11: Version 0.1
* Based on the code liberated on December 6th, 2004.
* Proprietary technologies replaced by SDL, OpenGL and OpenAL.
* Network implemented using SDL-net.
* Zoom enhancements (increased range and control using the mouse wheel).
0000-00-00: Version 1.10
* Improved Command Turrets. Heavier armours to improve the battlefield survival of commanders.
* Twin Assault Gun. Faster firing assault guns with increased fire power.
* EMP Mortar. Launch Electro-magnetic pulses into advancing enemies, then blast them and/or fry them with more conventional artillery.
* Plasmite Bomb.Incendiary bombing hots up with the arrival of the plasmite bomb bay.
* EMP Missile Launcher. Halt enemy attacks before they even start with the EMP missile.
* HEAT Armour Upgrades. The answer to surviving the plasmite bombers.
* AA Laser Battery. Improved AA defence using laser technologies
0000-00-00: Version 1.09
* Two New Super-Heavy Bodies including the heaviest armours yet. They’re slow, but they’re almost impossible to stop!
* Plasmite Flamer Upgrades. Three new upgrades to turn up the head on the flamers to really high levels.
* Improved Tech 3 Factory Production. Build new units even faster to get those NEXUS bodies and super-Cyborgs into action faster.
* AA-Gun Hardpoints. New building techniques allow Anti Aircraft defences to be built on Hardpoint structures.
* Sam Site Hardpoints. New building techniques allow Surface to Air missile defences to be built on Hardpoint structures.
* Fixed crash on having more than 40 maps.
0000-00-00: Version 1.08
* It’s balance time. Not many new technologies this time, we’ve addressed the stability and balance issues before adding new features.
* Cyborg balancing:
* Improved Cyborg Alloys.
* New Cyborg production techniques improve basic Cyborg armours.
* A slight tweak to improve Cyborg resistance damage using existing upgrades.
* New Building Techniques. New hardcrete formula improves defence and structure upgrades to make buildings more damage resistant.
* NEXUS link harder to research. Moved down the tech tree to make it appear later in the game.
* Fortresses: OK we lied about not adding anything new. Huge heavily armoured structures that pack weapons that are too large to ever fit on a vehicle.
* Super Cannon Fortress - a 2x2 structure with a huge cannon
* Heavy Rocket Bastion - a 2x2 structure with a heavy rocket
* Mass Driver - a 2x2 structure with a super-railgun
* Missile Fortress - a 2x2 structure with a heavy AT missile.
* EMP Turret. The EMP turret is the mobile answer to stopping enemy units dead in their tracks
* Wide Spectrum Sensor Turret. Design and build mobile WSS turrets to target enemy bases.
* Can’t use NEXUS link to build huge armies anymore.
* Select Research screen can now hold twice as many topics, to allow for latest updates.
* Skirmish player has a few new tricks up it’s sleeve.
* Skirmish scripts are now no longer stored in the wdg. End users can now modify and create their own skirmish scripts.
* A number of bug/feature fixes:
* Can’t demolish & rebuild the Lassat to cheat anymore.
* Crash when self repairing truck started building fixed (this is the bug many people reported after 1.07).
* Minor memory issue addressed.
* Numerous ‘play it safe’ code changes.
* Loading a save game multiple times(8) now works.
0000-00-00: Version 1.07
* Satellite Up-Link Structure - Research and build the satellite up-link structure to reveal the entire map
* Wide Spectrum Sensors - Operates as sensor, VTOL strike, and counter-battery sensor.
* LasSats - Gain control of the LasSats and use them to blast your enemies. The ultimate in WZ weaponry has arrived!
* New Weapons:
* Plasma Cannon - Long range heavy hitting fire power
* EMP Cannon - Fires an electro-magnetic pulse to disable enemy units.
* Super-Cyborg Reinforcements
* Anti-Tank Missile Super-cyborg - A cyborg gunner with a heavier punch!
* Pulse Laser Cyborg - A heavier laser to take out enemy cyborgs
* Rail Super-gunner - Rail guns step up a notch to kill enemy tanks
* New Maps:
* Beggar’s Kanyon - A claustrophobic, 8 player desert map.
Oil is plentiful, but you'll have to balance research with good defences if you want to win.
* Gridlock City - The remains of a huge city. This is an 8 player map with lots of oil resources.
The space between bases and lack of bottlenecks make this an ideal map for trying out new technology. Try using the LasSat on an enemy Command Center to cause confusion before a tank rush.
* Map preview in multiplayer setup.
* Fixed power generator upgrade bug, player no longer builds lots of sensors in his base!
* Skirmish support for artillery emplacements, air defences modified slightly.
* Slightly harder on the highest setting.
* Bug fix to structure limit screen.
* Single Player:
* Fixed the case where the transport did not land directly on the landing pad.
0000-00-00: Version 1.06
* New NEXUS Technologies:
NEXUS technologies can now be researched! New electronic warfare weapons let you disable enemy factories and steal their technologies. Also the NEXUS link has been analysed and reproduced - capture enemy forces and take over defensive structures
* NEXUS Link - Temporarily disables enemy structures and steals technology. Capture enemy units and take over defensive structures.
* Unit Auto-Repair - Automatically repairs damaged units. You’ve seen NEXUS do it, now you can too!
* New Super-Cyborgs:
* They’re here and they’re mean. Super-cyborgs pack big weapons and are heavily armoured.
* Medium Cannon Cyborg - Cyborg gunner with a heavier punch!
* HPV Cyborg - Adds hyper-velocity cannons to cyborgs
* Assault Cannon - The ultimate in Cyborg cannon firepower
* Tank Killa - Fires tank killer rockets (No kidding!)
* New Weapons:
* Twin Assault Cannon - Twice the firepower of the assault cannon!
* Heavy Laser - Disintegrates enemy cyborgs.
* New Maps:
* Basingstoke - 4 player desert map. Work your way in slowly from the corners of this huge environment, taking the oil first and then the enemy's territory.
In an area as large as this it is impossible to rush your opponents. Be patient, research carefully, and surprise them late in the game with something they're not expecting.
* Little Egypt - 4 player desert map. In a claustrophobic map the enemy are never far away.
If you're losing the battle then use politics to turn the tables. Choosing the right alliances in Little Egypt might well win you the war.
One more thing: don't be lulled into a false sense of security by the water surrounding your base - hover units and VTOL's are easily manufactured!
* Sand Castle - 8 player urban map. Capture the remains of this once great city block by block, securing the bridges with defences as you progress.
Howitzers, mortars and VTOL's will help you reach enemies across the water when they're least expecting it.
* To help see how resistive your units are to electronic warfare we’ve added a new ‘power bar’. Hold ctrl with a unit/structure selected to display it's resistance. This feature was also in 1.04 , but we’ve moved it from overlaying the unit’s power bar to overlaying the reload bar.
* Choose your own base.
You can now be any player and any color in a skirmish / multiplayer game. Choose your base on the flag-requester in the multiplayer setup menu. Each number corresponds to a particular base on the map. To find your favourite base play a skirmish game, press keypad-enter to list the players. The number of each players base is next to the players' name. (eg on 'rush' the top left is base 0, top right 1, bottom right 2, bottom left 3)
* Bug fixes:
* Fixed crash in skirmish when turning off most skirmish players crashed the game on startup.
* Factory upgrades in multiplayer were sometimes displaying incorrectly (medium looked like large).
* Slight Cyborg fix.
* Fixed the awkward cd swap on loading a saved skirmish game.
* Large repair turret is now correctly named.
* Fixed a crash that occurs when a player is typing in a chat message when the game starts up.
* Forming an alliance now stops any battles currently happening between allied players. Previously they would continue for a while.
* We found a work around using research which could give you some free power. fixed.
* Skirmish players are now reassigned when a human leaves. no more 'dead' skirmish players.
* Skirmish changes and improvements.
You can ally with the computer players. More templates, super cyborgs, doesn't build in water, NEXUS technology support, provisional counter battery support. Research is now shared between allies in Skirmish games. When you complete a topic, it is also given to your allies (as in teamplay).
* You can now build next to walls, and build walls next to structures. You asked for it! Don’t come moaning when you wall yourself in!
* Routing change. Modified the routing code to be a bit smarter.
* Extra cheat modes and debug screens. Warzone-mod fans stay tuned!
* Direct Modem Play options.
You can select a different modem to play with other than the windows ‘default modem’. This will help those people with 2 or more modem devices (e.g. windows CE service users). To use a different modem open the ‘direct modem’ directory in the Warzone 2100 program directory and double click on the desired modem. 0 is the default setting.
* Map Editor support.
Provisional support for map downloading has been added. If a remote player does not have the map it will be automatically downloaded from the host. THIS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED IN THE INTERNET ENVIRONMENT and is very heavy on communications. If the connection between machines is non reliable the transfer may fail. If this happens you will need to delete the map file from the root of your Warzone installation directory. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DOWNLOAD THE MAP FROM A WEB SITE PRIOR TO STARTING WARZONE. A message will be added to the chat once the player has the map. Send feedback on this feature to firstname.lastname@example.org. We intend to address this feature further in the next update.
0000-00-00: Version 1.06b - Extra fixes
* Units no longer return to base when they're auto-repairing.
* Fixed auto-repair when assigned to commander problem.
* Fixed player colours problem on radar map after skirmish re-load.
* Fixed problem where viewing window over radar map was lost following skirmish re-load.
* Fixed problem with number of units assignable to commander following re-load.
* Annoying CD-Swap requests for skirmish re-load finally fixed.
* Fixed the problem where the new Heavy Laser wasn't firing correctly (or often enough).
* Units no longer fire on recently assimilated enemy units (ie - taken over by a Nexus turret).
* Fixed crash that happened when scrapping a commander that had units assigned to him.
* "Transforming" structures removed - we're looking at revisiting this in future.
0000-00-00: Version 1.05
* New Incendiary weapons:
* Incendiary Mortar - Heat up those entrenched defenders
* Incendiary Howitzer - Fire long range incendiaries into enemy bases
* Plasmite Flamer Emplacement - Short range flamer defense with devastating burn damage. Excellent for igniting base rushers!
* New Cyborgs.
Cyborg reinforcements are on their way! First to arrive are the thermite flamer, grenadier cyborgs, mechanics and combat engineers. Next month watch out for the first of the super-cyborgs! These are a new class of heavily armored Cyborg warriors. They cost more and take longer to build, but they pack weapons that are too heavy for regular cyborgs. (known issue: Grenadier cyborgs attached to a commander may not fire. Will be fixed in 1.06).
* Cyborg Transports.
Use transports to move cyborgs across the map. To unload individual units right click the transport to open the cargo window. To order all cyborgs out of the transport, hold ALT and left click the destination.
* New Technologies:
* Improved Cyborg and Vehicle HEAT armors - Your best defense against flamers.
* Improved mobile repair units - Increase repair rate.
* New Maps:
* Rolling Hills - 4 Player desert map.
Push forward over the rolling hills of the title and retreat to the narrower canyons around your base when the going gets tough. Those who reach the central desert quickly will be rewarded with oil barrels (easily taken from the weak scavenger settlements). More permanent oil resources can be found along the banks of the three rivers - we suggest hit and run hover groups for surprising the enemy.
* Hide and Sneak - 8 player urban map.
In this strange, Tron-like environment you can hide but you can't run. Winding your way around the maze will quickly reveal nearby oil resources, but remember to go carefully and lock down areas as you progress. Later you may wish to build derricks in the oil - rich central area, but be warned: reveal your position and attacks will come from all sides.
* Yin-Yang - 8 player mountain map.
The glacial conditions here have created steep cliffs between the vast swirls of high and low ground. Navigate carefully and keep an eye out so as not to be outflanked by enemy tank groups. You may find the Cyborg Transport useful in setting up surprise attacks and remote structures.
* Sensor Range Display.
Press and hold Z to see a snapshot of your sensor range. Perfect for finding those spots you’ve missed.
* Skirmish Improvements:
* Each skirmish player can now be assigned a difficulty. Drag the slider to the right to increase the difficulty. Drag all the way to the left to turn off the player (the last player can’t be turned off).
* Skirmish players now build walls, and don’t build on burning oil pools. Most cheats now work in one player skirmish. Computer players don’t cheat as much. Bug fixes to skirmish save-game. No more ‘mystery units’ in the middle of the map!
* In one player Skirmish mode, computer players now have a score and are ranked on the multiplayer score screen, as a human player would be.
* Multiplayer Research Info.
A small heart appears by any research topic your allies are working on. Now you can see what they are researching! Move the mouse over the heart to see which player is researching that topic. (note that in TeamPlay, research is automatically shared: you don’t have to give a research gift)
0000-00-00: Version 1.04
* Build List Queuing.
Allows queuing of structures to be built by trucks. Select a structure, choose a site, then repeat this sequence while holding shift or ctrl for each additional structure you wish to build.
* Demolition Queuing.
Demolish a series of structures by first selecting the demolish icon, followed by the first structure you wish to demolish, repeat this sequence while holding shift or ctrl for each additional demolish order. Demolish and build queues can be mixed, as can building lines of defensive structures.
* Campaign 3 Technology Trees.
Research and Develop Campaign 3 Technologies - adds rail guns, lasers and missiles!
* One-Player Skirmish Save Games.
Now you can save in one player skirmish games. Ideal for those long battles against the computer.
* Improved Skirmish AI.
This skirmish update improves on enemy detection and how the enemy chooses research and units. It’s much more realistic and a lot tougher. If you find it too hard, try turning off alliances, or remove a few skirmish players on big maps. (click the computer icon where the flags usually appear in the host game screen)
* Commanders and Repair.
Commanders can now be repaired by holding down Alt and selecting a commander with a repair unit. Also units returning from repair centers now always return to the commander’s current position.
* Multiple Map download problems are now fixed
* Better support for 3dfx cards. Voodoo3 issues resolved.
* Internal code changes should make cheating more difficult
0000-00-00: Version 1.03b
* Two Great New Maps:
* Great Rift A massive 192x192 sized 4 player map set in the Arizona Desert. Four high Plateaus surrounding a great chasm. Take control of the oil resources and wreak havoc with Howitzers and Ripple Rockets.
* The Pit A great crater surrounded by high plateaus. Defend your plateau or take and hold the center. The choice is yours.
0000-00-00: Version 1.03
* Technology Level 2 changes: Selecting a multiplayer Campaign level now sets the starting levels of the technologies in that game.
* Campaign 1 - Enables the entire tech tree from the start of campaign 1 to the end of campaign 2
* Campaign 2 - Starts with campaign 1 technology already researched and enables campaign 2 tech.
* Factory Settings Feature.
Attack Ranges, Retreat Levels, Fire Options and Movement Options can have their factory settings altered. To access the factory settings, right click the factory in the 3d view, then select the settings you want to change. All future units produced by the factory will have the new settings.
* Thicker D3D smoke!
* Modification to video playback in single player.
* Minor Changes to Skirmish code in preparation for a future update.(eg players don’t build themselves in anymore)
0000-00-00: Version 1.02
* Two New Maps:
* Concrete Playground - A massive 250 x 250 sized 8 player map. Our biggest yet!
Set in an urban wasteland with huge concrete plateaux that with a little careful planning can be defended from enemy attack. With plenty of oil resources and vast expanses of water. Get researching them Hovers! Be sure to let us know what you think of this monster map.
* Fishnet - A big 96 x 96 sized 4 player map.
Set in a huge valley with plenty of lakes surrounded by snowy ridges. Control the ridges or take the center. Choose wisely!
* DirectPlay setup tweak.
0000-00-00: Version 1.01
* Support for WZ add-on packs - WZ now has the functionality to support additional maps, units and research technology.
* New maps - Zigurrat, Wheel Of Fortune and The Valley Of Death.
* Unit limit increased to 100 per side in Multiplayer.
* Maps can be played at 2 different technology levels.
This feature is not yet available in skirmish so to ensure that you can access the campaign two technology maps, make sure that skirmish is not toggled to be ON since the maps won’t be available in this mode. To access the campaign two technology maps, ensure that you have no computer players enabled and then select a new map. When the map select form comes up, click on the tab with the number 2 on it. You will then be presented with the new maps - they all have ‘-T2’ after their name. For the present, you will still have to progress through the campaign 1 research topics in order to access the new campaign 2 items. We are looking at the possibility of having these (campaign 1) topics already researched at the start of the game as an option. This will most likely be introduced into Warzone 2100 in update 1.03.
* Players in a team share radar information and research - this is updated in real time.
* Can see visibility and units/structures for allies in teamplay in realtime.
* New audio system with EAX support - this should lessen the chances of the audio system causing hangs on certain system specifications.
* Critical audio crash bug resolved.
* F12 support added for ‘unit lost’ audio message and others.
* Revised skirmish code with improved AI. This will continue to be worked on. For future updates we are looking to add a facility to save the game in skirmish mode.
* Key bind hack fixed - some players were cheating in multiplayer by altering the keymap file - this is now not possible.
* Mplayer fix - Europeans (including UK) can play on Mplayer.
* Interface change to allow more structures and unit designs - the interface forms will automatically expand to allow sufficient pages to display ALL available options rather than being limited.
* Partially built wall bug fixed - it was possible to trick the interface into completing walls for you - not any more!
* Multiplayer communication tweaks. [end of message]
* Flashing cursor added to text entry code - this provides the player with a more obvious indication that they have entered chat mode.
* Transparent water in d3d - originally only in Glide and now added to D3D. This works best in the Fog Of War setting.
* Construction lines working on TNT cards - when the constructors are building structures they emit a blue light from their bonnet. This was previously not visible to TNT owners.
|File Name: warzone2100-2.1_beta5.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 28.12 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 888 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,365,267 (38,732 last week)|
|Posted: 30.09.2008||Supporters: n/a|