Patch: Patch 1.4.0 Full US/AU
World of Warcraft: All Downloads (1610) Patches (349) | Mods (1141) | Maps (6) | Movies (70) | Others (17)
This version of the patch offers numerous gameplay improvements, so as balance tweaks, bug fixes and much more.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- World of Warcraft by Blizzard - US/AU retail v1.4.0 full patch
This US/AU English patch is only to be used with the US and Australian English
language version of World of Warcraft!
This is the v1.4.0 patch for the US/AU English retail version of World of
Warcraft. This is available as an alternative download to the World of Warcraft
auto-patcher and is only good for the US and Australian English retail clients
of World of Warcraft. This patch will not work with any version of the game
outside of the US/AU English client.
Changes in v1.4.0:
Live Patch Notes Disclaimer: While we make every effort to include all upcoming
changes in our patch notes, please be aware that occasionally some changes are
Additional Patch Changes
- The /pvp flag has been changed to a toggle. Now once /pvp is turned on, you
will be flagged for PvP until it is turned off. The /pvp flag will remain even
after logging out, so please remember to turn off the /pvp flag if you do not
wish to engage in PvP. This option is only available to players on Normal and
Role Play realms.
- Item effects that increase the chance of a critical hit with spells will now
work properly with healing spells.
- Fixed a bug with Cho'Rush the Observer where he wasn't properly contributing
to the tribute loot mechanic in the North wing of Dire Maul.
World of Warcraft Client Patch Changes
PvP Honor System
The Player versus Player Honor System is now active. Players will be able
to gain rankings based on their PvP performance, with lucrative rewards for
those who distinguish themselves on the field of battle! Read more about the
PvP Honor system.
Children's Week is celebrated in Orgrimmar and Stormwind City at the start
of May and lasts for a week. It is a time to give back to the innocents of war:
Gurubashi Arena event
There is now a regular event in Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn Vale.
Every three hours starting at midnight, a pirate with too much treasure on his
hands will drop a chest in the center of the arena. Whoever can open the chest
first gets the contents! Of course, the arena is a PvP Free for All area, so
there might be other players who are trying to open it first...
Invasions by elementals at different locations on Kalimdor have reportedly
been occurring sporadically every few days. Concerned adventurers should
investigate Silithus, Un'Goro Crater, Azshara, and Winterspring to counter
- Charm and Polymorph mechanics can now be reactively countered by spells and
abilities (e.g. Druid Shapeshifting will now cancel Polymorph effects).
- Mana regeneration is now disrupted when a spell has completed casting rather
than at the start of casting. It will resume normally five seconds after the
last spell cast. This change increases the total time spent regenerating mana
and therefore increases the total contribution from Spirit for mana-based
- Level 60 mounts purchased at vendors now have a whole new look. Faster undead
mounts already have a different look and so have not changed. The new mounts
can be seen standing near the mount vendors. If you have one of the old fast
mounts, you can exchange it for one with a new look at the mount vendor.
- Healing-over-time spells should now be improved by "+Healing" items when cast
on other players.
- Mind Controlled characters will no longer receive a durability penalty when
- When a non-Hunter resurrects a pet, the pet will no longer receive
- A handful of spells were added to the list of spells subject to diminishing
returns in PvP. It is our goal to set as few spells as possible to be
diminished. We've identified this short list of spells as having durations and
cooldowns sufficient to almost permanently slow or immobilize targets but
without adequate controls or other limiting factors. When a spell with
diminishing returns is used against a target in PvP, the first effect has full
duration. On the second use of the same category of spell (e.g. slowing), that
spell's duration is reduced by 50%. On the third use, the duration is reduced
by 75%. On the fourth attempt, the target becomes immune to the spell. Spells
must be used on the same target within 15 seconds of the *end* of the duration
in order to be diminished. In other words, if a target hasn't had a slowing
spell active on them for more than 15 seconds, the next slowing spell will have
full effect. The list of affected spells is:
o Frost Shock
o Entangling Roots
o Frost Nova
- Guard directions, signs and signposts have been added to point you toward the
PvP Officer Lounges in Stormwind City (Champions' Hall) and Orgrimmar (Hall of
- Blood Fury - Now increases base melee attack power by 25% for 15 seconds.
When it fades base melee attack power is reduced by 25% for 45 seconds.
- Perception - Increased detection bonus.
- Berserking - Is now usable after being the target of a critical hit.
Increases melee, ranged and spell casting speed by 25% but increases all damage
taken by 10% for the duration.
- Ravage and Shred now properly increase the attack power contribution by the
- Shapeshifting into an animal form will now remove Polymorph effects.
- Feral Charge - Fixed a bug where the ability cost 10 rage instead of five as
intended. Should now cost five rage.
- Entangling Roots - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is
considered an immobilizing effect.
- A new Hunter epic quest series is now in the game and waiting to be found.
- Scatter Shot (Talent) - Now usable while moving and no longer interrupts
ranged combat. Now properly reduces the ranged attack power contribution by the
- Highland Striders no longer have Cower (Rank 3) when tamed.
- New Pet Ability: Dive - Increases movement speed for a short duration.
- New Pet Ability: Dash - Increases movement speed for a short duration.
- Freezing Trap - Visual changed.
- Track Hidden - Increased stealth detection.
- Scorpid Sting - Fixed a bug where it was not considered a poison. It can now
be removed by poison curing effects.
- Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack - These Aspects will now be canceled when mounted.
- Viper Sting - This spell can no longer be used on warrior and rogue targets.
In addition, while it can be used on a druid target at any time it will only
drain mana when the druid is in caster form.
- Amplify Magic and Dampen Magic effects should now replace each other
- Improved Scorch (Talent) - Redesign. Scorch spells have a 20/40/60/80/100%
chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Fire damage. This vulnerability
increases the Fire damage dealt to your target by 2% and can be stacked up to 5
times for a total of 10% increased Fire damage.
- New Spell: Arcane Brilliance (available at level 56 - Loot) - Infuses the
target's party with brilliance, increasing their Intellect.
- Improved Mana Shield - Design changed. Instead of increasing the amount
absorbed, it now decreases the mana lost per point of damage taken by 10/20%.
- An error message is now displayed if you try to use Blink on boats and
- Wand Specialization - Fixed a bug where the damage increase with this talent
was higher than the listed amount.
- Frost Nova - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is considered an
- Pyroblast and Fireball damage over time will now stack together.
- Seal of Wisdom and Seal of Light should now replace each other properly as
well as stack properly when used by different paladins.
- Paladin Epic Mount quest added. To begin, talk to the paladin trainers
Duthroian Rall or Brandur Ironhammer.
- Paladins who have completed their Epic Mount quest can repeat the final event
in Scholomance for fun (and loot) by speaking with Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker.
- Sanctity Aura - Fixed a bug where the spell/talent was unlearned after
logging out if learned before level 40.
- Resistance Auras - Paladins should now be able to switch from a resistance
aura to any other resistance aura without canceling the current one first.
- Improved Seal of Justice - Fixed a bug that caused the talent to have no
effect. It will now increase the frequency that the stun effect will land.
- A new Priest epic quest series is now in the game and waiting to be found.
- Levitate - Duration and mana cost increased.
- Touch of Weakness - Should now be affected by the Blackout, Darkness, Force
of Will, Shadow Focus, Shadow Weaving and Silent Resolve talents.
- Starshards - Should now be affected by the Focused Casting, Force of Will,
and Silent Resolve talents.
- Holy Fire - Should now be affected by the Focused Casting talent.
- Mind Flay - Should now be affected by the Focused Casting talent.
- Desperate Prayer - Should now be affected by the Holy Specialization talents.
- Vampiric Embrace - Active icon tooltip rewritten to be more clear.
- Holy Nova - Now causes an explosion of holy light around the caster, causing
Holy damage to all enemy targets within 10 yards and healing all party members
within 10 yards. These effects now cause no threat as opposed to reducing
- Holy Fire - Several changes were made to Holy Fire in an effort to make this
a more usable and efficient damage spell. The cast time was reduced from five
seconds to four seconds, which reduces the damage caused. Therefore, the damage
was increased and more of the spell's potency was shifted into the
damage-over-time portion. The duration was also increased and mana cost and
cooldown were both decreased. While the direct damage portion was reduced
slightly from the previous version, each tick of damage should be unchanged,
and the spell now delivers one additional tick of damage. In total, the
relative damage and efficiency of the spell has been increased.
- Wand Specialization - Fixed a bug where the damage increase with this talent
was too high.
- Combo points will no longer be removed if the target is deselected. They will
only be removed if a different target is selected.
- Fixed a bug where combo points were not always being applied to the target
when using Cheap Shot, Ambush and Garrote.
- Vanish - Increased stealth bonus.
- Ambush, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, and Riposte now properly increase the
attack power contribution by the percent modifier. Our goal is to make the
dagger-based Backstab/Ambush build a viable alternative to the sword/mace-based
Sinister Strike build. As a side effect, fixing this bug also increased maximum
critical Ambush damage beyond our intentions. After considering a variety of
balance changes (including reducing the percent modifier or base damage of
Ambush, or reducing the Improved Ambush talents) we decided to change the
Lethality talent to no longer affect Ambush. This does not counteract the DPS
increase from the bug fix as Backstab is the primary source of DPS while Ambush
is a source of high, one-time damage and cannot be used as consistent DPS.
After all balance changes are considered, here are some details:
* (Using a Barman Shanker with 2.0 weapon speed and between 500 and
800 attack power)
o Ambush without the Lethality bonus and attack power bug fix (patch
1.4.0) causes between 4-12% more damage than - - - * Ambush with the Lethality
bonus and attack power bug (patch 1.3.1).
o Backstab (patch 1.4.0) causes between 9-13% more damage than
- The Kick ability prevents the target from casting spells in the same school
when channeled casting is interrupted.
- If using Gouge triggers the Stormshroud Armor lightning effect, the Gouge
effect will no longer be instantly interrupted.
- The Rogue trainers will now point the player to an appropriate area with
boxes to unlock depending on the lockpicking skill of the player.
- Preparation - Will now clear the cooldown of the Blade Flurry ability.
- Riposte - Fixed a bug that prevented the ability from being used when the
target had no weapon or was already disarmed.
- Earth Shock - The visual for ranks two through seven has been changed to be
consistent with rank one.
- Windfury - Fixed a bug that caused an additional attack beyond what was
intended. In addition, fixed a bug that caused the next normal melee attack to
happen sooner than intended.
- Level 58+ Shaman should talk to Sagorne Creststrider in Orgrimmar; there is a
special quest for them involving a dreaded death knight who dwells in the
depths of the Scholomance.
- Frost Shock - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is considered a
- Grounding Totem - Should no longer redirect area effect spells or be
destroyed by area effects spells.
- Warlock Epic Mount quest added. To begin, speak with a demon trainer in any
of the capital cities: Kurgal, Martha Strain, Spackle Thornberry, or Jubahl
- The Warlock Infernal quest is now available and can be found in Felwood.
- The Warlock Ritual of Doom quest is now available and can be found in the
- The succubus model has been updated.
- Paranoia (Felhunter) - Increased stealth detection. - Seduction (Succubus) -
Is now considered a Fear effect for purposes of diminishing returns.
- Thunder Clap - Visual and animation changed.
- The following set items have had their art updated:
o Devout Crown and Mantle, Magister's Crown, Circlet of Prophecy, all
parts of the Warrior "Might" set, Lightforge Helm, Helm of Valor, Dreadmist
Mask, Wildheart Cowl and Pauldrons, and Coif of Elements. Other class sets will
receive updated art in future patches.
- Random world items that had increased healing effects were mislabeled, and
the amount of increased healing appeared to be half of what was actually
occurring. The amount shown on the item is now an accurate representation of
the healing increase.
- The Celestial Orb and Robe of the Archmage will no longer trigger the
cooldowns of a Mage's mana gems. Mana gems are now on their own unique cooldown
- Tiny Black Whelping item changed to Dark Whelpling to reflect the name of the
- Fixed a typo in the aura description for the Mighty Rage potion.
- +Spell damage and +Healing effects have been increased in effectiveness to
make them more attractive to players. Effects that increased damage and healing
done by all magical spells received the largest increase, especially if the
previous amount was small. We also fixed a couple bugs relating to these
- Pimgib's Collar is now unique.
- Frayed Abomination Stichings are now considered to be uncommon items.
- Fordring's Seal has been improved with additional Stamina and Intellect.
- Ring of Protection's armor has been lowered, but the ring's Stamina has been
- Voodoo Band has been slightly improved.
- Underworld Band is no longer unique.
- Filling jars of ooze no longer puts you into combat.
- The Rod of the Ogre Magi properly sheathes now.
- Changed the tooltip of the Bloodfang Hood's effect to properly indicate the
duration of the stun.
- The Demon Forged Breastplate effect no longer requires channeling.
- Tooltips for the Blazefury Medallion, Storm Gauntlets, Fiery Plate Gauntlets
Blessed Sunfruit, Blessed Sunfruit Juice, and ragged John's Neverending Cup
modified to more appropriately describe their effects.
- The Amberseal Keeper's melee DPS has been reduced, but an additional +Spell
Damage effect has been added instead.
- Onyxia Hide Backpacks are now 18 slot containers.
- Warstrike Shoulder Pads have been improved.
- Living Leggings, Breastplate, and Shoulders now have Stamina, but had their
Nature Resistance lowered.
- Legplates and Legguards of the Chromatic Defier have been improved.
- The drop rate of Essence of Undead has been lowered.
- The drop rate for Gift of the Wild and Prayer of Fortitude has been
- General Drakkisath will now drop 2-4 Blood of the Black Dragon Champion
instead of 1.
- A significant number of additional engineering devices have been added to the
world both as new recipes on vendors and as drops on monsters in the higher
level (50+) dungeons and in raids.
- Seven new blacksmithing recipes are available to seasoned blacksmiths via a
series of turn-in quests.
- Three new armorsmithing recipes are available to master armorsmiths. All 3
recipes are gained via quest.
- The Turtle Scale gloves recipe has been changed to have a white name rather
than green since it can now be purchased at the store. Generally, recipes with
white names are store-bought and ones with green or blue (or purple) names are
drops from monsters.
- Some Blasting Powder icons Changed.
- Leatherworkers can now make throwing balls (as a toy).
- Ghostweave Belt pattern is no longer bind on acquire.
- Randal Worth in Stormwind now only teaches apprentice level leatherworking.
- Expert Blacksmithing Trainers will now point you to the appropriate artisan
smith when you get a high enough skill.
- Bombs now cause a disorient effect when they go off, this was not working
- Flame Deflector and Frost Deflector now do an elemental damage absorb rather
than a resistance increase.
- Minor Recombobulator now restores health and mana as well as removing
- Target Dummies now generate an initial taunt pulse so creatures will attack
them for the first 5 seconds after they are dropped.
- Gnomish Death Ray damage increased slightly and cooldown reduced to 5
- The level of the Mechanical Dragonlings, Battlechicken, and Bombs dropped by
the Goblin Bomb Dropper now scale with your engineering skill, so they will be
always useful against enemies. Their damage and health has remained the same.
- Requirements to make the Helm of Fire were reduced.
Raids & Dungeons
- Azuregos now has a new ability - Mark of Frost. A player who is hit with the
Mark of Frost will be temporarily frozen in a block of ice should they attempt
to re-engage Azuregos. Mark of Frost is extremely powerful and will persist
through death and resurrection.
- Bael'gar, Lord Incendius, and Golem Lord Argelmach are now slightly lower
level than previously. This will provide a much better progression of creature
and boss levels in Blackrock Depths.
- The Baroness Anastari encounter has been changed. Players who become
unpossessed will now have full health, and after the Baroness unpossesses a
player there will be a much longer cooldown before she can cast possess again.
These changes should make her a more balanced encounter for a 5 man group.
- Lava Surgers no longer respawn once you kill Garr.
- When Majordomo Executus submits, a chest is spawned next to him. This chest
should only spawn the FIRST time he is defeated in a saved instance. If a guild
tries him a second or third night, no chest should spawn.
- Ragnaros now stays up 2 hours rather than 1 after being summoned.
- The Golemagg and Shazzrah encounters in the Molten Core has undergone some
- Scholomance Itemization
o 20 new Rare items have been added to Scholomance.
o Several Uncommon items have been upgraded to Rare quality.
o Rattlegore, Jandice Barov, and Lord Alexei Barov will now always
drop at least one Rare item.
o Ras Frostwhisper will always drop at least two Rare items.
- Stratholme Itemization
o 26 new Rare items have been added to Stratholme.
o Several Uncommon items have been upgraded to Rare quality.
o Archivist Galford, Baroness Anastasi, Nerub'enkan, and Maleki the
Pallid will now always drop at least one Rare item.
- Raid Itemization
o Onyxia, Azuregos, Lord Kazzak, and all Molten Core boss creatures
have all received some new items on their loot tables.
o Onyxia will once again drop two upper tier class set helms.
o Most of the non-class set items that dropped from Molten Core and
Onyxia have had their effective levels increased, resulting in higher DPS
weapons, and/or better stats and effects.
o Players who defeat the Majordomo Executus encounter will now be
rewarded with new epic items. This reward will only be granted the first time
the encounter is defeated during the 6 day lifespan of a Molten Core instance.
o The loot tables for some of the Molten Core bosses have been
improved so they drop an additional epic item per kill.
o World bosses such as Onyxia, Azuregos, and Lord Kazzak will no
longer drop random blue items of a level lower than 50.
o Prior to this patch, Molten Core boss creatures could drop items
from one of two different tiered sets for every character class. The loot
tables have been changed so Molten Core bosses will now only drop items from
the lower tier class sets. However, some of the items from those sets were not
previously dropping in Molten Core. These missing class set items will now drop
in Molten Core, allowing players to complete their lower tier class sets. The
higher tier class set pieces that once dropped in Molten Core will be found
once again in Blackwing Lair, the next raiding zone scheduled for release in a
o Future patches will include even more item rewards for these raid
encounters, as well as improvements to the statistics, effects, and set bonuses
for both tiers of the raid armor sets.
- Party quest share information is now working. If you mouse over a quest that
multiple party members have, it will display a mouseover tooltip indicating
what nearby party member are on that quest. Also, to the left of the quest name
in your quest log it will list a number in parenthesis indicating how many
other players in your party have that quest.
- Quest givers who have repeatable quests now display with a blue question mark
over their head instead of the standard yellow exclamation point/question mark.
- The Molten Core discovery quest has had its objective moved from inside the
Molten Core to Blackrock Depths.
- Lunaclaw's spirit should stay around longer before despawning, and the spirit
should simply despawn as oppose to "die".
- The description text for both the Horde and Alliance versions of the "Rabine
Saturna" quest have been clarified.
- The reward text for the "Hive in the Tower" quest has been clarified.
- Fixed the Resonite Crystal not spawning in the Stonetalon Quest "Earthen
- Kinelory in Arathi Highlands is now PvP-enabling, so Horde players who attack
her will be flagged for PvP.
- Quickened Ana'thek the Cruel's (quest target in Stranglethorn) respawn rate.
He and his entourage now spawn every 5-8 minutes.
- Removed Stormwind Faction reward from the Greenwarden quest line in the
- The time Decrepit Guardians stay spawned (they're the mobs trapping the
Annals of Darrowshire in Andorhal) increased from 1 minute to 2 minutes.
- The elementals in the plaguelands no longer attack the Spectral Defenders.
- The "haunting" radius of Pamela's doll pieces in Darrowshire was reduced. You
must now be closer to a doll piece before ghosts appear.
- Increased the respawn time of Mok'rash in Stranglethorn Vale from 9 hours to
2 hours on average.
- Fixed a bug that caused Razzle in Dun Morogh to become non-interactable.
- Added text to the Fresh Zhevra Carcass to clarify it's use in the Ishamuhale
- Typos in various quests have been corrected.
- Temporary weapon enchantments will now display as buff icons to the right of
your normal buff icons.
- Recipes you already know will not show up in the auction listing if "Usable
Items" is checked.
- The mouseover UI in the bottom right corner will no longer overlay the extra
action bars if you have them up.
- If the subject line is not filled in when you put an item in a piece of mail,
it will automatically be filled in with the item being sent.
- Mousing over the interface options menu will no longer count as a mouseover
on objects underneath the interface window (Thus making it hard to set your
chat windows to be fully transparent among other things).
- Andorhal has been overhauled to improve framerate, navigability, and monster
o Repositioned quest spawns in light of new city layout (tower marker
indicators, silos, etc.).
o Doubled the number of small lockboxes present for the "Counting Out
o Araj should now spawn as a result of destroying the crystals in the
towers of Andorhal.
o Kardris Dreamseeker is now being addressed properly as a female,
rather than a male.
- There are new load screens for the Stratholme, Scholomance and Blackrock
Depths instances. Additionally, many of the previous load screens throughout
the world have been replaced with new art. Enjoy!
- Bloodvenom Post - Crossroads (Horde) no longer flies you through a tree.
Sorry for the scrapes and bruises.
- Shalzaru's Lair on the Isle of Dread off the coast of Feralas now properly
displays its name when you enter the cave.
- The dragon bones just to the southwest of The Swarming Pillar in Silithus
have been named the Bones of Grakkarond.
- The levels of the NPCs in Camp Mojache have been raised to be commensurate
with their counterparts at Feathermoon Stronghold.
- Patrolling scouts that can see through stealth and invisibility have been
added to Darnassus, Stormwind City, Undercity and Thunder Bluff.
- The range of restock time for Argent Dawn vendors has been widened.
- Cairne Bloodhoof is now a little more talkative.
- High Priest Rohan is now properly associated with the Ironforge faction.
- Grimand Elmore in Stormwind is more talkative.
- Town Criers in all the major cities now have basic gossip text.
- More references to the fictitious locale of "Chillwind Point" have been
squashed in favor of the very real "Chillwind Camp".
- Players will no longer get stuck in a location in the Ruins of Eldarath in
- Fires in Thunder Axe Fortress in Desolace now have proper names.
- No longer a tree floating off the ground in the Sishir Canyon area of the
- There is no longer a floating tree in Westfall above the defias tower.
- There are no longer fish flying around above the water line in Silverpine
- Female orcs no longer get stuck in scaffolding in Lost Rigger Cove.
- Removed a crate that was clipping through a tent/hut in Coldridge Valley.
- Removed the terrain that popped in and out of the crevice in the entrance to
Foothold Citadel on Theramore Isle.
- Properly named the intact watchtower near Southshore.
- The Rainsticks sign in Thunderbluff is no longer floating.
- Removed floating object from Nijel's Point in Desolace.
- Removed an invisible collision wall located in the Barrens near the
- Players can no longer kill creatures with ranged attacks while the mobs are
unable to damage the player when standing atop the cauldrons in Eastern
- Closed a hole in the world in the Searing Gorge.
- There is no longer a hole in the world at Dun Garok.
- The minimum level requirement on the Dire Maul meeting stone has been
- The minimum level requirement on the Temple of Atal'Hakkar Meeting Stone has
been properly assigned.
- The minimum level requirement on the Blackrock Spire Meeting Stone has been
- There is no longer a hole in the world in Raven Hill, Duskwood.
- A tree located too far above the ground in Feralas has been "replanted".
- The dock on the Forgotten Coast in Feralas is no longer partially floating
above the ground.
- There is no longer water missing from the pool by the Grimtotems in the Lower
Wilds of Feralas.
- A rock that was sitting above the ground at the top of one of the falls in
Nighthaven has landed.
- Players no longer will get stuck in a location at Gurubashi Arena in
- Major Mana potions buy/sell price slightly increased.
- Aggro radius of Bears and Wolves in Silverpine have been reduced.
- The Dry times in Ironforge have ended and the Stonefire Tavern in Ironforge
now has alcohol again.
- Fixed a grammatical error in one of Captain Kromcrush's yells in Dire Maul.
- Mizzle the Crafty in Dire Maul shouldn't be so repetitive in proclaiming a
new king if the player cycles through gossip too quickly.
- Williden Marshal's gossip text has been polished.
- The keyboard shortcut to quit the game has been changed to Command-Option-Q
to work around an issue with PowerBooks.
- Fixed a bug where weapon skills were inappropriately capped at 5 times level.
Characters should now gain benefit from weapon skill bonuses beyond their
- Fixed portrait creation while alt-tabbed away from the game.
- Fixed sorting items in the auction house by current bid.
- Blessing of Sacrifice only transfers the damage dealt, up to the maximum
listed in the tooltip.
- The "created by" tags are visible again when you inspect someone.
- Effects that indicated that they increased damage and healing by all magical
spells were actually not improving healing. They now will properly increase
healing by the listed the amount.
- Extra attacks gained from spells and abilities are applied immediately and do
not affect normal combat swing time.
- Abilities which do an additional percentage of weapon damage now include
attack power as part of the base weapon damage.
- Fixed race condition where damage would sometimes be applied after Ice Block
or Divine Shield are activated.
- Ranged attacks use the target's defense skill instead of target's level to
determine chance to hit.
- Fixed bug where ranged attackers would run up and engage you in melee combat.
- Pets and summons will now go with you if you use a hearthstone or other long
- Fixed mouse selection bug when opening bags while the auction interface is
- There is no longer water missing on the shore of Jademir Lake in Oneiros in
- Fixed a typo in the tooltip for the Field Repair Bot 74A.
- Fixed the geometry of the Branchclaw gloves.
- Lost Souls will now drop their Wispy Cloaks and Tormented Spirits will drop
their Ghostly Bracers every time they die now.
- Whistle of the Mottled Red Raptor's buff icon now lists the mount as being a
Mottled Red Raptor instead of a Crimson Raptor.
- Ancona creature name changed to Ancona Chicken.
- The wording of item resistance enchantments has been made more consistent.
- Roast Raptor now has an more appropriate inventory sound.
Changes in v1.3.0:
* Players who have completed the Molten Core discovery quest can now port
directly to the zone, bypassing Blackrock Depths.
* Divine Favor - Fixed a bug that prevented the effect from being removed,
allowing all Flash of Light and Holy Light spells to crit for the full
* Bind on Pickup items that are of a quality below the default group loot
threshold (white/gray) will no longer require confirmation before looting.
* Various Bind on Pickup items that were previously of common quality (white)
have been changed to green (ie: Corruptor's Scourgestone).
* Several of the dungeon and raid armor sets have been updated with their
non-placeholder textures. These sets include the Devout, Prophecy, Elements,
Arcanist's and Wildheart sets. Future patches will update more dungeon and raid
Diremaul, a new dungeon for players level 56-60, is now open and ready for
business. Diremaul is populated by a fierce tribe of ogres and is located in
the western region of Feralas. Diremaul will be limited groups of no more than
five players each. Click here to read more.
New Outdoor Raid Bosses
Two new outdoor raid bosses have been introduced to Azeroth. Azuregos, a
monstrous blue dragon, has landed in Azshara, while Lord Kazzak the demon can
be found in the Tainted Scar of the Blasted Lands.
Meeting Stones are located outside of each dungeon to help players find a group
to adventure with in the dungeon. The meeting stone will try to find you a
viable five-person group by looking for a tank, a healer, and so on. As time
passes and you are unable to find a group, the meeting stone will become less
picky about who it groups you with.
Dungeon Player Caps
All dungeons now have a cap on group size to limit the number of players that
may enter the dungeon. It was necessary to add this cap as raiding these
dungeons trivialized much of the content. Because of this change we can now
look to adding better loot to them during future content patches.
With that in mind, the dungeons below now have the following caps:
* Onyxia/Molten Core - 40 members
* Blackrock Spire - 15 members
* Diremaul - 5 members
All other dungeons in the game will be capped at 10 members.Several dungeons
will be re-examined for balancing in light of thischange. In addition, will
have their loot improved significatnly forthe next content patch.
(detailed information for each below)
* Previously, in many cases, a Block, Parry, or Dodge was translated into a
"Miss," thus causing confusion over actual miss rates. We've made the following
changes in an attempt to be more clear as to what is actually happening in
o Block: All creatures will now report a Block on attacks from the front,
reducing damage caused instead of converting the attack into a "Miss."
Creatures will no longer be able to Block attacks from behind.
o Dodge: Every time a creature Dodges, it will report a Dodge. We will no
longer translate a creature's Dodge of a rear attack to a "Miss."
o Parry: All creatures will now report a Parry on attacks from the front
instead of translating them into a "Miss." Creatures will no longer be able to
Parry attacks from behind.
* Blocking an ability that takes place on the next swing now blocks the normal
amount of damage instead of all of it.
* Skill-up rate improved for bows, crossbows, guns, thrown, and wands.
* Improved line of sight for large creatures.
* In-game mail sent from GMs will now use official Blizzard stationery.
* The Drunk effect has been greatly enhanced.
* If you resurrect without releasing your spirit, your resurrection timer will
* You can no longer accept a warlock summoning while you are in combat.
* Increased stun resistance will now also help resist some non-melee based stun
spells from creatures.
* Mounts now are Horde or Alliance restricted in the tooltip. We do not intend
to allow Horde players to ride Alliance vendor-purchased mounts and vice versa.
* Numbers and punctuation will not be passed through chat communication to
members of the opposing faction.
* Spells in PvP now have a slight increase in range and area of effect when
targets are moving. This should improve the overall usability of spells and
* Priests can no longer kill players with Shadow Word: Pain and Mind Control in
* Certain key NPCs (such as bankers and auctioneers) in the cities and main
outposts are now harder to kill. Additionally, when they die, they will respawn
* Patrolling scouts that can see through stealth and invisibility have been
added to both Orgrimmar and Ironforge.
* Players under Mind Control pass reputation changes due to kills to the
controlling player, and do not receive the reputation changes themselves.
* You cannot see your enemies' buffs while you are charmed.
* Dueling players can now cast helpful spells on their allies (but not vice
* Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
* Rebirth - Casting time and mana cost reduced; now ignores resurrection
* Swiftshifting - Talent changed. When leaving a shapeshift form, the next
shapeshift form you take will have a 20%/40%/60% mana cost reduction if used
within 6 seconds.
* Gift of the Wild - This spell is now cast on the target's party.
* Cat Form - DPS increase at levels 40-60.
* New Ability (Cat Form): Ferocious Bite (available at level 32) - Finishing
move that causes damage per combo point and converts each extra point of energy
into additional damage.
* New Spell: Barkskin (available at level 44) - The druid's skin becomes as
tough as bark. Physical damage taken is reduced. While protected, taking damage
will not cause spellcasting delays, but non-instant spells take longer to cast
and melee combat is slowed.
* New Ability (Bear Form): Frenzied Regeneration (available at level 36) -
Converts an amount of rage into health every second for a short duration.
* Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
* Sandfury Guardians are no longer tameable.
* Fixed a bug where Hunter pets were sometimes unattackable by opposing faction
* Fixed a bug where creatures were keeping their innate resistances after being
tamed. This was unintentional and the fix will affect all existing pets.
* Distracting Shot - Is now properly improved by the Efficiency and Hawk Eye
* You can no longer use Eyes of the Beast to leave a flight path.
* Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
* Improved Blizzard - Chill duration reduced to 1.5 seconds (4.5 seconds w/
Permafrost) and refreshes with each damage tick rather than at the beginning of
the spell. In addition, a target that resists the damage will also resist the
* Blink - Using this spell should no longer cause you to fall through the
* Blink can now be used to escape more of the stun effects used by creatures in
* Blink is no longer useable on boats or zeppelins.
* Blast Wave damage radius fixed so damage properly extends to 10 yd.
* Dampen Magic - Duration and mana cost increased. Now castable on all raid
* Amplify Magic - Duration and mana cost increased. Now castable on all raid
* Frost/Ice Armor - Mana cost reduced.
* New Spell: Mage Armor (Available at level 34) - Allows for 30% of mana
regeneration to function while casting and increases resistance to all magic
schools. Does not stack with Frost/Ice Armor.
* New Spell: Conjure Water (Rank 7) (Available through quest at level 60).
* Arcane Missiles: Fixed a bug where the spell would not function properly
against spell-reflecting targets.
* Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
* Seal of Command - The damage effects can now be resisted instead of dodged,
blocked, or parried.
* Blessing of Protection - Now castable on all raid targets.
* Blessing of Sacrifice - Now castable on all raid targets.
* Blessing of Salvation - Now castable on all raid targets.
* Divine Intervention - Now castable on all raid targets.
* Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
* Holy Fire - Fixed a bug with the bonus damage gained from +fire damage items.
Such items now have a greater effect on this spell.
* Prayer of Fortitude - This spell is now cast on the target's party.
* Power Word: Shield - Now castable on all raid targets.
* A number of areas in the world now have footlockers in them. These areas are
in place for rogues to visit to increase their lockpicking skills. The contents
of these footlockers are only token amounts of treasure, but they should allow
for a more interesting experience while increasing lockpicking skill. The
difficulty of the locks in the area correspond to the level of the zone, so if
your lockpicking skill is around 100, you would go to Durnholde Keep in
Hillsbrad. But if your skill is 250, you might head to Tyr's Hand in Eastern
o Hillsbrad Foothills - Durnholde Keep
o Redridge Mountains - Lake Everstill
o Ashenvale Forest - Zoram Strand
o Stonetalon Mountains - Windshear Crag and Associated Mines
o Wetlands - Murloc Camps
o Desolace - Sar'theris Strand
o Badlands - Angor Fortress
o Swamp of Sorrows - Pool of Tears
o Searing Gorge - The Slag Pit
o Tanaris Desert - Lost Rigger Cove
o Azshara - Bay of Storms
o Eastern Plaguelands - Tyr's Hand (elite)
* Very high-end gems will no longer be acquired from junk boxes or
* Added a visual to Sword Specialization "proc" that will now show up in the
combat log as well.
* Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
* Tremor Totem - Now creates the appropriate looking earth totem; tooltip
updated to clarify what effects it counters; radius of effect increased; now
pulses more frequently.
* Astral Recall - The tooltip now includes the home point the spell will recall
* We've changed the spell icon of several totem spells. They should now all be
* Searing Totem - Damage slightly increased.
* Reincarnation - No longer causes resurrection sickness.
* Improved Drain Mana - Will now report to the combat log all damage caused.
* Inferno - The duration the Infernal is enslaved when first summoned has been
increased. The area of effect damage caused by the Inferno spell, and all
threat generated by it, will now originate from the Infernal. The Infernal will
now immediately attack targets within the radius of the spell.
* Enslave Demon - Is no longer dispellable.
* Curse of Agony - Now benefits from items that increase shadow damage.
* Nightfall - Fixed a bug where the Shadow Trance effect was lost without
benefit. Previously, the talent had a 3%/4% chance of triggering. It now has a
2%/4% chance of triggering, and the tooltips have been updated to accurately
reflect this change.
* Ritual of Doom - The death caused at the completion of the ritual no longer
causes durability loss.
* Firestone - Equipping Firestones will now increase damage caused by fire
* Spellstone - Equipping Spellstones will now improve your chance to get a
critical strike with spells.
* Fear - Mana cost changed to a percentage of base, which results in an
increase in cost.
* The Shadow Trance buff granted by the Nightfall talent will no longer be used
up by a shadowbolt that was in mid-cast.
* Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was slightly increased.
* Battle Shout - Rage cost reduced.
* Bloodrage - Health cost reduced.
* Heroic Strike - Damage increased.
* Parry - Moved to level 6.
* Thunder Clap - Now causes Physical damage instead of Nature damage; damage
increased; duration increased with each new rank. Improved Sunder Armor - Now
decreases rage cost by 1/1/1. Improved Thunder Clap - Now decreases rage cost
* Execute - Full rage is no longer consumed when the ability does not hit.
* Overpower - Should now be usable when a special attack is dodged.
* Fixed a bug where rage was not being generated when normal melee attacks were
parried, dodged, and blocked.
* Charge has been improved so it will work through doorways and won't path you
through an entire dungeon.
* Sweeping Strikes bug fixed. It will hit more reliably and show up in combat
* Added a visual to Sword Specialization "proc" that will now show up in the
combat log as well.
* Ogres in Azeroth have undergone a visual upgrade.
* Yeti will no longer flee when at low health.
* Mummified Atal'ai will no longer cast Fevered Plague so often.
* Some outdoor creatures will now use their Fear abilities less often.
* Reduced the number of pirates on the boats in Stranglethorn Vale.
* Reduced the number of Syndicate in Strahnbrad.
* Reduced the respawn rate of the troggs on the islands in Loch Modan.
* Some wildlife that was stationary in Desolace should now be more active.
* Mechanical Whelps have been boosted by five levels in order to be effective
longer. Their damage has been slightly decreased to compensate for the
additional damage that would have occured with the change.
* Battle Chicken has had its level boosted by five.
* The monster ability Skull Crack now only stuns for two seconds instead of
* Warbringer Constructs now have less armor than before.
* The Reactive Mana set bonus effect on the Arcanist set had an incorrect
tooltip. The proper chance of the effect triggering is 1%, not 100%.
* Restorative Elixir tooltip is now more clear.
* Weightstones may now be used on fist Weapons.
* Postmaster's Treads now have stats more appropriate for clothwearers.
* Crown of the Penitent effect made more appropriate for the quality and level
* Bloodlust Epaulets stats improved to the appropriate amount for the item's
level and quality.
* The effect of the Spirit of Aquamentas and Choker of Enlightenment has
changed to a +damage and +healing of all spell schools effect.
* Ramstein's Lightning Bolts effect reduced to 200 points of damage and a
* Magister's Mantle, Robe, Belt, Crown, and Binding changed to include more
stamina in lieu of spirit.
* Gnomish earrings will no longer appear outside the Bloodlust Helm.
* Deathstriker name changed to Felstriker.
* The Lion Horn of Stormwind now properly gives AC to members of the party.
* Priests can now use scrolls and the Heart of Noxxion while in Shadowform.
* The costs of Enriched Manna Biscuits, Blessed Sunfruit, and Blessed Sunfruit
Juice have been lowered to 60 silver per stack of five.
* The buff effect of Blessed Sunfruit has been changed from Stamina to
* Horn of the Arctic Wolf now correctly summons an arctic wolf (Instead of a
* White Bandit Mask is now Uncommon and Bind on Equip.
* Fixed a bug that was causing Judgement Sabatons to have two instances of
* Green Lens item can no longer call Stamina as one of its random properties.
Existing Green Lens have not been changed.
* Frenzied Striker is now Bind on Equip instead of Bind on Pick Up.
* Sorcerer Sphere is no longer Warlock only.
* Twilight Orb is no longer Warlock only.
* Fixed a bug that was causing Dog Training Gloves to not be Bind on Pick Up.
* Fixed a bug that was causing Thrash Blade, Flurry Axe, and Ironfoe to have an
additional attack when the effect went off.
* Fixed a bug on Gearforge Girdle (awarded by the Felwood quest, A Final Blow)
that caused it to have more stats than it should. It no longer has +12 defense.
* Shadowcraft Boots now have +21 Agility instead of +21 Intellect.
* Fixed a bug with Jungle Remedy that was causing it to be on the non-combat
potion timer of three seconds. It is now on the combat potion timer of two
* Fixed a bug with Fist of Stone that caused it to have stats that it shouldn't
have. Existing Fist of Stone items have not been changed.
* Finkle's Skinner is now Main hand only.
* Drop rates of gems have been increased at lower levels and decreased at
* Fixed a bug that was causing Outrunner's Cord to appear incorrectly on
* Fixed a bug that was causing Vosh'gajin's Strand to appear incorrectly on
* Fixed a bug that was causing Omokk's Girth Restrainer to appear incorrectly
* Holy spell damage bonuses will no longer appear on random property items.
* Silithus has been itemized.
* Royal Seal of Alexis no longer drops off of Baron Bloodbane. It is now only
obtainable via the quest Ramstein, no longer has a minimum level requirement,
and is Bind on Acquire. Existing Royal Seal of Alexis items have not been
* 16-slot bags are now set to Uncommon.
* Razorlash Root should now restore mana as intended and should no longer apply
the first aid debuff.
* Re-worded tooltips on Shard of Afrasa and Demon's Blood to better explain
* Changed the tooltip on random property items with the suffixes "of
Concentration" and "of Regeneration" to more clearly state their effects.
* Lunar Wands that drop should now have random properties.
* Hurley Blackbreath's treasure table has been modified.
* Rend's treasure table has been modified.
* Goraluk Anvilcrack treasure table has been modified.
* General Drakkisath treasure table has been modified.
* Deathcharger's Reins can now be used by Tauren.
* Items that periodically restore health and mana no longer show up in the
* Vanquisher's Sword and Amberglow Talisman, the rewards for the quests Bring
the Light (Alliance) and Bring the End (Horde), have been upgraded to be rare
instead of uncommon.
* Modified Crystal Charge, Crystal Force, Crystal Restore, Crystal Spire,
Crystal Ward, and Crystal Yield to be on appropriate cooldown timers.
Completing the Crystal Pylon quest to obtain them will now reward five each
instead of three.
* Mark of the Dragon Lord has had its visual changed to better fit its effect,
and the tooltip has been corrected.
* A new engineering recipe is available in Blackrock Depths for a repair robot.
This robot acts as a repair vendor for 10 minutes and will repair and purchase
items for normal cost. This will allow dungeon groups and raids to get items
repaired and sold without returning to town.
* The Horde version of the tribal leatherworking quest now requires the
appropriate amount of leatherworking skill to complete.
* The item requirements for the elemental leatherworking quest have been
lowered from four of each kind of elemental item to two.
* A number of high-end profession reagents were changed to good quality (green)
to indicate their value and so that they are distributed properly by group loot
(Essences, Orbs of Righteousness, etc.).
* All of the creation professions have had one or more dropped recipes added to
raid level targets.
* Bottomless Bag requires significantly more mooncloth and two core leather to
* Invulnerability Potion - Now makes you immune to all physical attacks and
damage rather than just damage.
* The effects of flasks and elixirs are no longer dispellable. This should make
their use more compelling in PvP situations.
* Fused Wiring will now drop more often from target dummies.
* Quickdraw Quiver now requires cured thick hide (instead of thick hide) as one
of its required components.
* Crimson Lotus changed to a gray item as it is currently unused by
* Green Lens now requires more ingredients to make, but has special effects
rather than just stats on it.
* Red dragonscales have had their vendor price reduced.
* Drop rates of very high-end gems have been somewhat increased on rich thorium
* Improvements have been made to many potions: Troll's Blood potions,
Stoneshield potions, Magic Resistance potions, Flasks of Power, and Greater
* Chimeric Glove recipe is no longer bind on pick up.
* There is now a recipe at leatherworking trainers that allows thick leather to
be turned into rugged leather.
* Turtle Scale Gloves recipe has been added to vendors in Feralas to make
completion of the tribal leatherworking quest easier. * You will now catch
ocean fish when fishing from Rut'theran village.
* The cooking trainer in Dolanaar now sells cooking recipes for several types
* Owls in Teldrassil now drop more eggs than they used to.
* A new type of turtle is now found on the beaches of northern Tanaris in the
level 42-43 range. They can be skinned for turtle scales.
* The Recipes for Robe of the Void, Robe of the Archmage, and Truefaith
Vestments are no longer soulbound.
* Engineering guns level 40 and above now have attributes on them to bring them
in line with the random property guns.
* Cooking recipe, Tender Wolf Steak, added to vendors in Aerie Peaks and
Gadgetzan. Allows players to cook tender wolf meat.
* Horde cooks can now cook up raptor eggs from a recipe found in Gromgol and
* Elixir of Giants duration increased to 60 minutes.
* Shadowskin Gloves recipe added so there is a non-rare recipe that requires
* Hot Wolf Ribs now count as meat for purposes of being fed to hunter pets.
* Mooncloth recipe moved to a different vendor in Everlook.
* Storm Gauntlets fixed so they deliver their lightning damage correctly.
* Enchantment for boots that increase speed improved significantly.
Raids & Dungeons
* "Raid lockout" is fixed. If the leader of your raid group is saved in a
different instance than you would otherwise go to, you are added to your
* Added /raidinfo command showing remaining time on saved raid instances. Also
shows an ID to compare with other players (if you have the same saved ID as
them, you will go into the same instance)
* Added a chat window message when you are first saved to an instance.
* Raid members will show up on the world map.
* If you enter an instance in a group, and then leave that group, you will not
be able to complete quest objectives until you rejoin the group.
* Extended the decay time of boss corpses in dungeons.
* Lengthened the respawn time of many of the creatures in Ragefire Chasm,
Gnomeregan, Uldaman, Razorfen Downs, Scholomance, and Stratholme.
* Molten Core
o Added in-game voice for Ragnaros and Majordomo Executus.
o Fixed an issue that was causing the first Firelord to stop moving.
o Garr will now lose his enrage buff when he leaves combat.
o Majordomo Executus will now make the Flamewaker Healers immune to polymorph
at the appropriate time, even after failed attempts.
o Bringing Flamewaker Healers too far away from Majordomo Executus will now
result in the Healers becoming immune to Polymorph.
o Line of Sight checks removed from many creature abilities in Molten Core.
o Sons of Flame now despawn when everyone wipes.
o Ragnaros will reset properly if the raid wipes while submerged.
o Onyxia's fireballs will no longer result in a confuse effect (Engulfing
Flames). The impact damage of these fireballs has been slightly increased to
compensate for the loss of the damage over time.
o Onyxia's egg pit will now heat up when she does a strafe breath across the
o Onyxian Warders now respawn in the hallway while Onyxia is in combat.
o Increased the delay before Onyxia will try to tail sweep.
o Fixed a bug that could cause Onyxia to occasionally not reset correctly.
o Fixed a bug that was causing Onyxia to get stuck under the world
o Players no longer leave combat while Onyxia is in flight.
o The Onyxia Key quest for the Horde has experienced some changes.
o The Test of Skulls for Scryer, Somnus, and Chronalis can now all be
obtained simultaneously. The drop rates for black dragonspawn eyes have been
o Baroness Anastasi in Stratholme will now leave the possessed target when
the target is below 50% health, instead of 30%. She will also cast Possession
slightly less often.
o Roaming Gargoyles will be set to a 30-minute respawn.
o Roaming Shades set to 15-30 minute respawn (previously 5-15).
o Patchwork Horrors set to 15-30 minute respawn (previously 6-10).
o Overall respawn in the entire dungeon made longer.
o Crimson Conjurers will no longer roam in pairs.
o Crimson Conjurers can now only have a max of two "pets" at one time.
o Changed the way the Gauntlet area works. The Crystals no longer respawn.
o The Crystals no longer fire ribbon of souls (this was causing in-combat
o Fixed a bug that was causing monsters to leave combat in mid-fight, thus
regaining all their health.
o Various tweaks made to the Baroness encounter.
o Lengthened the overall respawn of the dungeon.
o Risen Aberration health and damage reduced.
+ Reduced the duration of Dark Plague from three minutes to 90 seconds.
+ Fixed a bug that caused the Cloud of Disease spell, cast by Diseased
Ghouls, to do more damage than intended.
+ Blood of Innocents will now drop off both Doctor Theolen Krastinov (The
Butcher) and Jandice Barov for players that have completed the Sarkhoff
questline in Scholomance.
+ Shadow resistance now will be more effective at mitigating the damage
from Unholy Aura.
+ The creature spell, Call of the Grave, has had its damage reduced by
* Blackrock Spire
o Spire Spiders now only summon four Spire Spiderlings instead of five.
o Health and damage on these Spire Spiderlings has been reduced.
o Crystallize has been reduced from eight seconds to six seconds.
o Some Blackrock Spire bosses will now properly display their true level,
instead of being considered world bosses (who do not display level).
* Blackrock Depths
o The doors to the Lyceum will now re-open after Magmus has been killed.
o Vault encounter has been toned down slightly.
o Mind Flay and Cripple will now work on Blackrock Depths bosses.
o Princess Theradras - Boulders thrown will now cause a knockdown as well.
She will also be more intelligent about deciding when to use her Dust Field
o Noxxion encounter made easier for groups lacking area of effect damage.
o Creeping Sludge poison proc has been changed to a pulsing point-blank area
of effect short-range damage spell called Poison Shock.
o Dead Hero will now always drop an uncommon random item.
o Witch Doctor Zum'rah's loot table was improved.
o Toned down the Zigguraut event.
o Toned down the Antu'sul event.
o Fixed stuck NPCs that were causing "in combat" issues.
o Scarabs will no longer flee when at low health.
* Scarlet Monastery
o Doors requiring the Scarlet Key can now also be opened with a Large
Seaforium Charge in addition to the lockpick ability.
o Doors requiring the Workshop Key can now be opened with a Small Seaforium
o The "cannon door" can now be opened with a Small Seaforium Charge in
addition to the lockpick ability.
* Quests that take you into dungeons are now denoted "Dungeon" in the quest
log, and are sorted under the dungeon to which they take you.
* Decrepit Guardians in Andorhal were changed to non-elite.
* The Heroes of Darrowshire quest in Eastern Plaguelands now gives anexperience
* Increased the drop rate of Shadowmaw Claws for Mok'thardin's Enchantment.
* Fixed an issue with the Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest. If players
destroy one of the chapters, Barnil will now help them relocate it.
* The quest, Scarlet Diversions, should now be easier to complete.
* Reduced the speed at which the Magrami ghosts are attracted to the Ghost
Magnet in the Ghost-o-plasm Round Up quest. Modified quest text to suggest
players move away from where they place their magnet.
* Princess Poobah now waits for 60 seconds before despawning after the
completion of the Message in a Bottle quest.
* Fixed pathing on the assassins of the Protect Kanati Greycloud quest,to
prevent them from getting stuck.
* Arei the Treant is now PvP-enabled. If Horde players attack himwhile Alliance
players are escorting him, the Horde players will nowbe flagged for PvP.
* The It's Dangerous to Go Alone quest in Un'goro no longer requires a
deprecated item to complete.
* The health of the Corrupted Saber (escortee in the Corrupted Sabers quest)
* The Scarab Shells quest in Zul'Farrak's item requirement was reduced from
nine Uncracked Scarab Shells to five
* Zaricotl no longer drops an NYI (Not Yet In) quest item (the Pocked Black
Box) for Horde players.
* The epic item questline for the turning in of the Beast's hide has had its
monetary requirements lowered to 50 gold.
* The Molten Core Dark Iron turn-in quests (Favor Amongst the Brotherhood) have
had several major changes. Turning in Dark Iron Ore will now result in half of
its previous faction reward. However, the turn-in requirements for Fiery Core,
Core Leather, and Lava Core have been substantially reduced and their faction
* For the Kodo Roundup quest in Desolace, bringing a Tamed Kodo back to Smeed
Scrabblescrew now works.
* The King of the Foulweald quest event in Ashenvale now has the Enraged
Foulwealds spawn as soon as Karang's Banner is placed.
* The Zamek's Distraction quest event in Thousand Needles now causes Rizzle to
leave his hut (and leave his Indurium Plans behind).
* End quest added to Hydraxis quest line, offering players a reward.
* The amount of waves players must fight in the Belnistrasz quest eventhas been
* Argent Dawn Valor Tokens, Minion's Scourgestones, Invader's Scourgestones,
and Corruptor's Scourgestones now stack in quantities greater than 20.
* You may now turn in Thorium Shells in exchange for Thorium Headed Arrows.
Both Orgrimmar and Ironforge have a turn-in NPC.
* Smudge Thunderbrew in Ravenholdt Manor now sells the recipe for Thistle Tea
to those rogues who completed the quest and inadvertently destroyed their
* The Horde version of the quest A Call to Arms: The Plaguelands! should now
only be available once after accepting the quest.
* The text for the Je'neu and the Earthen Ring quest has been clarified.
* The completion point for the The Fragments Within quest should now appear in
* The Araj's Scarab quest should now properly reflect that it is an elite
* The WANTED: Murkeep! quest is now sharable.
* The duration of Arcane Quickeners has been increased to 30 minutes.
* The reward for completing the quest Morrowgrain to Feathermoon Stronghold has
been increased to 10 packets of seeds per five morrowgrain.
* The Evergreen Pouch as used by Herbalists with a skill of 150+ has been
* The chance of getting morrowgrain when the pouch is used has been slightly
* The Order Must Be Restored quest now gives a Stormwind reputation boost upon
* The Roll the Bones quest has been lowered in level.
* There are now more lockboxes available in the Ruins of Andorhal for the
Counting Out Time quest.
* The Mangled Journal found in Un'Goro Crater now drops for all members of a
* The Shattered Necklace in Badlands and Uldaman now drops for all members of a
* The Winterfall Activity quest is now available to players who are at the
minimum point of Friendly reputation with the Timbermaw Furbolgs.
* Ghede and Jenal in the Un'Goro Soil quest now appear in the mini-map when it
is time to talk to them. It is also clearer where they are in the quest text.
* Quests marked as Gadgetzan in the header of the quest log should now be
displayed as Tanaris.
* Typos fixed for many quests.
* Pets in defensive mode that respond to attacks will no longer flag their
masters for PvP. If the master issues an explicit attack command, the master
will be flagged.
* You can issue pet commands while you are stunned, fleeing, etc.
* Pets and summons no longer get stuck when you get on a boat or zeppelin.
* Non-aggressive enemy NPCs no longer attack pets and summons.
Faction & Reputation
* Felicia Maline in Stormwind is now giving a discount on gryphon rides for
players who have Honored or greater reputation with Stormwind.
* The Argent Dawn is offering new rewards to heroes who are Revered and Exalted
to the Dawn. Speak to a quartermaster of the Argent Dawn for more information!
* If a player is under the effects of mind control by another player, then
reputation adjustments for killing creatures go to the controlling player.
* Larger factions (Horde, Alliance, Steamwheedle Cartel, etc.) now report
reputation increases and decreases across the board if so affected.
* Rivern Frostwind's death no longer gives reputation adjustments for Horde and
* Winterfall Pathfinders in Winterspring now give Timbermaw reputation
adjustments when killed.
* The loss of overall reputation when a player loses reputation at the higher
tiers of a faction (Friendly, Honored, Revered, Exalted) has been substantially
* You can now have multiple action bars onscreen at the same time. You can
activate the additional action bars through the Interface options menu.
* You can now have quest completion criteria for the quests you are currently
on display on the game screen as well as in the quest log. If you shift-click
on a quest in the quest log, it will display the completion criteria on the
main game screen underneath the mini-map.
* You will now be able to tell how many other players in your group have the
same quest you do. When you are in a group, it will display the number of other
players in the group who have the quest in parenthesis to the left of the quest
name. If you mouse over the quest name, it will display the names of the other
players in the party who have the quest in the bottom right hand corner of the
* Chat bubbles have been added to the game. Now when a player or NPC uses a
/say or /yell chat command, it is displayed in the game screen by default as a
chat bubble as well as in the chat log. It displays above the head of the
character talking, but only if you can see the
|File Name: wow-1.4.0_enus_patch.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 128.26 MB||Files Added: 9,768|
|Downloads: 26,631 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,353,086 (42,847 last week)|
|Posted: 20.04.2005||Supporters: n/a|