Patch: Patch 1.6.0 US/AU
World of Warcraft: All Downloads (1609) Patches (353) | Mods (1136) | Maps (6) | Movies (70) | Others (17)
World of Warcraft patch version 1.6.0.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- World of Warcraft by Blizzard - US/AU retail v1.6.0 full patch
This US/AU English patch is only to be used with the US and Australian English
language version of World of Warcraft!
This is the v1.6.0 patch for the US/AU English retail version of World of
Warcraft. This is available as an alternative download to the World of Warcraft
auto-patcher and is only good for the US and Australian English retail clients
of World of Warcraft. This patch will not work with any version of the game
outside of the US/AU English client.
Changes in v1.6.0:
Blackwing Lair Released!
Nefarian's sanctum, Blackwing Lair, can be found at the very height of
Blackrock Spire. It is there in the dark recesses of the mountain's peak that
Nefarian has begun to unfold the final stages of his plan to destroy Ragnaros
once and for all and lead his army to undisputed supremacy over all the races
of Azeroth. Blackwing Lair is a max-level, 40-player raid dungeon, with many
new encounters and tempting rewards awaiting the intrepid adventurer that dares
enter its halls.
A gathering of the exotic from around the world and beyond, Silas Darkmoon has
brought together the Darkmoon Faire as a celebration of the wondrous and
mysterious found in Azeroth. While the Faire spends most of their time in parts
unknown, they do stop from time to time in Mulgore and Elwynn forest. When the
faire is on its way barkers will stop by Ogrimmar and Ironforge to announce its
There is a new way to enter the battleground queues. Battlemasters! Located in
each of the cities, right-clicking on a battlemaster will allow your character
to enter a battleground queue just like you normally would if you touched that
battleground's entrance portal. The functionality is exactly the same, so when
it's your character's time to enter the chosen battleground, you will be
teleported directly in. Local guards can give you directions on how to find the
battlemaster that you're looking for.
- There is a new option upon the login screen. If you click the "Remember Name"
checkbox on the left side of the screen, the game will automatically fill in
your account name when it starts up.
- Will of the Forsaken (Undead Racial) - duration of the lasting immunity
effect decreased to 5 seconds.
- Cannibalize (Undead Racial) - Regeneration increased to 35% of a character's
total health over 10 seconds.
- Stoneform (Dwarf Racial) can now be used to cancel self-inflicted poison
- Fist Weapons will now have the normal chance to parry that all weapons use.
- It will no longer be possible to swap any equipment while stunned.
- Pets will now enter passive/follow mode when their masters mount.
- The Dazed effect caused by NPCs will now stack with all other movement
slowing effects. Note that the movement slowing effects will not stack, but the
debuff icons will remain to ensure the full duration of these effects persist.
- Damage caused by environmental effects will now cancel stealth (e.g. swimming
- Several creature spells that silenced players are now properly flagged as
silence effects, which will allow talents such as Unbreakable Will to provide a
higher chance to resist the effects.
- Spells that drain mana will now properly report the amount of mana gained in
the combat log.
- Clarified the error message when no corpses are available for the Cannibalize
- Clarified the error message when trying to attack while mounted.
- Resurrection spells should now check range properly when used on targets that
have released their spirit.
- Spell reflection effects have greatly improved visuals and functionality.
- Knockback effects are now synchronized with any associated missile impacts.
- Special abilities which are parried will correctly activate abilities which
are usable after parrying.
- Damage shield spells no longer damage you if you use spells that damage both
you and your enemies.
- Fixed graphical anomalies when using channeled abilities in a group with a
- Fixed the duration of Frostbite on pets which are dismissed and then
- Fixed a bug where broken off-hand fist weapons would prevent main-hand dagger
abilities from being usable.
- Health leech effects no longer give you health while you are a ghost.
- You no longer spout profanity when talking about sitting while drunk.
- Damage absorption now absorbs damage from mana burn effects like Lava Shield.
- If you resurrect after being killed by goblin guards, they will no longer
- Fixed race condition allowing hunters to control a charmed unit and a pet at
the same time.
- You no longer stay in combat while guards are assisting you.
- Self-resurrection spells show their name on the button in the release spirit
- Self-resurrection spells now have a priority system when more than one can be
- Blessing of Sacrifice is no longer cancelled when you enter an instance, but
will not have any effect unless the caster is in the instance with you.
- The PvP flag is no longer cleared when you take a flight, if you have /pvp
- Some optimizations for terrain loading and rendering were added for the
- Enabled multisample support in the video options.
- Fixed an issue where inspecting crafted items on other users could
potentially show attributes that those items did not have.
- Updated the Mac sound code to use memory more efficiently.
- Fixed a Mac issue which caused some sounds to become slightly quieter after
taking a gryphon ride.
- Honor System
o There is now a progress bar on the Honor tab of your character window that
displays how close you are to your next rank.
o The honor screen now displays a bar indicating how far along your current
rank you are (Scout, Private, etc). This will let you know whether you are
moving towards your next rank or falling back towards your previous rank. from
week to week.
o There is a new "This Week" section of the Honor tab, which will display PvP
accomplishments of the current week.
o The "This Session" section of the Honor tab has been changed to "Today",
and will now display the entirety of your accomplishments for the day instead
of the most recent session.
o Honor system reward items with a rank requirement will now require a
lifetime "highest rank" of that rank, rather than requiring the character to
currently have the required rank.
o Players rank 11 or higher can now chat in the WorldDefense channel.
o The WorldDefense and LocalDefense channels will now display your rank as
well as your name when chatting.
o Battleground scoreboards now display the time elapsed in a battleground.
- Warsong Gulch
o Warsong Gulch has new item rewards at the appropriate faction vendor near
the entrances to the zone. These are available starting at Honored faction.
o Friendly flag carriers are now displayed on the overhead map in Warsong
o Both the Warsong Outrider Supply Officer and the Silverwing Sentinel Supply
Officer of Warsong Gulch now offer distinct tabards for purchase. Those heroes
who are of Exalted status with one of these factions may purchase the tabard
for 5 gold (discounts not included).
o Players now receive a faction bonus for completing the repeatable Warsong
- Alterac Valley
o Each team will now gain additional bonus honor if their towers are not
destroyed by the end of the map. The more towers that remained intact, the more
o If you manage to keep your faction's Captain alive for the duration of a
battle, you will be granted extra points upon victory.
o Several Alterac Valley vendor items are now bind on acquire.
o The respawn time for tower guards (assuming the tower has not been
destroyed) has been greatly increased.
o Korrak the Bloodrager has gained immunities to many different spell and
o The minimum reputation needed to send a cavalry charge has been reduced to
o Players of Revered or higher reputation may now call offensive air strikes
if they have managed to rescue their respective Wing Commanders.
o Alterac Valley's guard spawn is now controlled via a more intuitive
mechanism. Please check the Officer Supply vendors for your faction to read up
on the changes.
o Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the Alliance team from receiving honor
for destroying towers.
o Fixed a bug that was not awarding Horde credit for owning a mine at the end
of a game.
- Dispel Magic can no longer be used on players participating in a duel unless
the caster is in the duel.
- You are considered in combat for the entire duration of a duel.
- You can't assist players which are engaged in free-for-all PvP unless you are
also in free-for-all PvP.
- If you have PvP combat toggled on, it will no longer be cleared when taking a
- Hunter traps work properly in duels if the target is flagged for PvP and the
hunter is not.
- Removing an insignia in PvP no longer marks both players as being in combat.
- Shapeshifting will now counteract the slowing effects of frost-based spells
(Frostbolt, Frost Shock, Cone of Cold, etc.).
- Feral Charge - Targets that are immune to immobilizing effects will no longer
be affected by Feral Charge's immobilizing effect. The interrupt will still
affect the target.
- Shadowmeld (Night Elf Racial) - Now reports the correct error message when
attempted in shapeshift form.
- Druid shapeshift form buttons are no longer dimmed while under the effects of
- Fixed a bug in aquatic form which sometimes prevented the Druid from
returning to caster form upon exiting lava.
- Counterattack - Will now cause damage to targets immune to immobilizing
- Wing Clip - Will now cause damage to targets immune to immobilizing effects.
- Explosive Trap - Fixed a bug where the trap's effects suffered inappropriate
damage reduction against high level targets. In addition, damage caused by this
trap should no longer kill opponents in duels.
- Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack - Non-damaging spells and abilities will no longer
cause the dazed effect. In addition, when switching between Pack and Cheetah,
you should no longer receive the "A more powerful spell is already active"
- Beast Lore - Will no longer flag you for PvP or cause guard retaliation when
used on an enemy faction target.
- Frostbolt - Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no
longer be affected by Frostbolt's movement slowing effect. Damage will still be
- Frost Nova - Will now cause damage to targets immune to immobilizing effects.
- Blast Wave - Will now cause damage to targets immune to immobilizing effects.
- Cone of Cold - Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no
longer be affected by Cone of Cold's movement slowing effect. Damage will still
- Detect Magic - will no longer cause guard retaliation in Goblin towns.
- Ignite - Can now be dispelled by any effect that dispels magic effects.
- Frost Armor/Ice Armor - Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects
will no longer be affected by the Chill's movement slowing effect. Targets will
still have their melee attack speed reduced.
- Arcane Instability - Fixed a bug where rank 3 of this talent was not
increasing the periodic damage of various spells by the correct amount (was
increasing by 2% and should now properly increase by 3%).
- Blessing of Freedom - Will now counter the movement impairing effects of
Frostbolt, Cone of Cold, Frost Shock. It will no longer prevent the damage
taken by Frost Nova, Hamstring, Wing Clip, Mind Flay, Counterattack, or Blast
Wave or the melee and ranged attack speed slowing effects of Cripple.
- Consecration - No longer resets weapon timer when cast.
- Improved Seal of Justice - Tooltip updated to be more clear.
- Seal of Command - Should now correctly report damage in the overhead display
and the combat log.
- Summon Charger - New icon.
- Fixed a bug where the Paladin did not always die when using the Divine
- Fixed a bug where Seal of Command prevented other On Hit weapon effects from
- Mind Flay - Will now cause damage to targets immune to movement slowing
- Shadowform - Changed so all spells except Holy can be cast rather than only
Shadow and Discipline spells. Tooltip updated. This fixes several bugs that
prevented various actions (creating tradeskill items, mining, summoning a
mount, using a hearthstone and many more).
- Spirit of Redemption - Tooltip updated to be more clear.
- Touch of Weakness - Stronger versions of this effect on enemy targets will no
longer be replaced by weaker versions.
- Riposte - Targets immune to disarm effects will now take damage from Riposte.
- Disarming an enemy faction hunter's trap will now flag the rogue for PvP.
- Ghostly Strike no longer deals damage to you when you use it.
- Premeditation - Fixed a bug where the combo points gained using the ability
were not properly removed after the duration expired. Also increased range and
- Fixed a bug where the energy gained by Relentless Strikes in some cases was
increased beyond the value listed in the tooltip.
- The UI now properly shows that Preparation does not clear a Cold Blood setup.
- Frost Shock - Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no
longer be affected by Frost Shock's movement slowing effect. Damage will still
- Reincarnation will no longer be an option on death when a Soulstone effect is
active on the Shaman. The Soulstone will be used as the higher priority effect.
- Frostbrand Weapon - Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will
no longer be affected by Frostbrand Weapon's movement slowing effect. Damage
will still be caused.
- Call of Flame - Fixed a bug where the damage bonus did not always increase
- Chain spells cast on PvP targets by an unflagged Shaman will now properly
bounce to other PvP targets.
- The tooltip for Fire Nova Totem now correctly reflects the damage the totems
- Due to significant talent changes, Warlocks will have all talent points
refunded and can be respent.
- Cripple (Doomguard) - Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects
will no longer be affected by Cripple's movement slowing effect. Melee and
ranged attack speed slowing effects will still affect these targets.
- Demon Skin/Demon Armor - Now increases health regeneration at all times, as
was always intended. Previously, the health regeneration only occurred out of
combat. Tooltips updated.
- Demonic Sacrifice - The sacrifice effects for the Voidwalker and Felhunter
have changed. The Voidwalker will now regenerate 3% of your total health every
4 seconds. The Felhunter will now regenerate 2% of your total mana every 4
- Demonic Sacrifice now works properly on banished summons.
- Summon Dreadsteed - New icon.
- Dark Pact - Fixed a bug where the combat log was reporting an incorrect value
of mana gained by the caster when there wasn't enough mana to drain from the
- Phase Shift (Imp) - While phase shifted, the imp is now targetable but will
remain an invalid target for all spells and attacks except self-cast spells.
- Improved Healthstone - The increased effect from this talent should now
properly apply to other players that use the Warlock's Healthstones.
- Ritual of Summoning - Fixed a bug where players could be summoned from
outside the same instance as the warlock in some cases.
- Unholy Power - No longer requires the Fel Stamina talent. Is now a tier 4
talent and is a prerequisite for the new Master Demonologist talent.
- Master Conjuror - Talent replaced with a new talent called Master
- New Talent (Demonology): Master Demonologist - Grants both the Warlock and
the summoned demon an effect as long as that demon is active. The effect
granted depends on the type of demon summoned.
- Unholy Power - No longer requires the Fel Stamina talent. It now requires the
Master Demonologist talent.
- Ritual of Doom - Should now display the cooldown.
- Due to significant talent changes, Warriors will have all talent points
refunded and can be respent.
- Hamstring - Will now cause damage to targets immune to movement slowing
effects. Movement slowing effect improved.
- Improved Hamstring - Design changed. No longer improves the movement slowing
effect. It is now a 3 point talent that gives a 5/10/15% chance to immobilize
the target for 5 seconds.
- Booming Voice - In addition to increasing duration, this talent will now
increase the area of effect of Battle Shout and Demoralizing Shout by
- Battle Shout - Tooltip updated to display area of effect (in yards).
- Demoralizing Shout - Tooltip updated to display area of effect (in yards).
- Improved Berserker Rage - No longer increases the duration of the effect. The
talent will now generate 5/10 rage when Berserker Rage is used.
- Improved Demoralizing Shout - Effectiveness increase from talent increased to
- Piercing Howl - No longer has a prerequisite (Improved Demoralizing Shout).
- Deathwish - Is now usable while under a Fear effect, which will also remove
the Fear effect.
- Bloodthirst - Design changed. Bloodthirst is now an instant melee attack that
causes damage equal to 30% of the warrior's attack power. In addition, the next
5 successful melee attacks will restore health.
- Concussion Blow - No longer requires purchase of the Improved Revenge talent.
- Shield Discipline - Removed and replaced by the new talent Shield Slam.
- New Talent: Shield Slam - Slam the target with your shield, causing damage
and has a 50% chance to dispel 1 magic effect on the target. Also causes a
moderate amount of threat. Requires the purchase of the Concussion Blow talent.
- Heroic Strike/Sunder Armor/Revenge/Mocking Blow - Tooltips updated to
indicate the additional threat caused by these abilities. There have been no
changes to the amount of threat caused.
o Felheart, Cenarion, Giantstalker's and Earthfury item sets now have updated
art. The Felheart Skullcap is now also called something more appropriate to the
o Grand Marshal and High Warlord PvP Honor rewards have been updated with
improved statistics and new unique art.
o The Alliance Mail and Horde Leather and Mail Epic PvP Honor reward armor
sets have received art updates.
o The stealth detection bonus on the Druid PvP set gloves has been changed to
work in all forms, including caster form.
o The Feral Speed Increase ability of the PvP Reward Druid sets has been
temporarily removed in this patch. The ability will be readded to the sets in a
o The set bonus for The Champion's Earthshaker has a revised tooltip to more
clearly state that all Shock spells have an increased spell critical chance.
o The 8 piece set bonus for Dreadmist will now appropriately affect shadow
o The tooltip for the improved feint effectiveness set bonus of the Bloodfang
armor set has been corrected to show the actual percentage increase.
o When worn by female characters, the Beaststalker's Tunic had a missing
texture piece last patch. This has been corrected.
o Set items which are broken no longer contribute to set bonus listings in
the item tooltips.
- The Horde and Alliance PvP Battle Standards may now only be used inside PvP
Battlegrounds, but the cooldown has been reduced to 10 minutes.
- The Rank 3 Stormpike Insignia now has the correct health regeneration effect.
- The Carapace Spine Crossbow, Bloodseeker, and Ancient Bone Bow have had their
damage variances altered to be more in line with other crossbows and bows.
While the minimum and maximum damage values of the items have changed, the
average DPS values of the weapons have not changed.
- You can now only have one Flask affecting you at a time.
- The Seal of the Dawn trinket now counts as though you were also wearing an
Argent Dawn Commission trinket.
- The Goblin Sapper Charge can now be used while moving.
- Dark Iron Bomb tooltip text and stun effect radius has been corrected to be
the appropriate 5 yards.
- Librams are now considered to be Books when searching for these items in the
- The Discombobulator Ray's effect has been changed: it now reduces movement
speed to 80% of normal and reduces the target's damage with both spells and
melee by 40. The range is now 20 yards.
- Snowblind Shoes are now properly marked as an Epic item.
- Band of Sulfuras is now unique.
- Fireguard Shoulders now have a graphic.
- Flask of Forest Mojo can now be sold.
- The Bloodseeker crossbow's firing animation has been corrected.
- The damage from Smokey's Lighter will now show up appropriately in the combat
- The water breathing ability of the Hydrocane will now continue to work if the
player is shapeshifted.
- Both helpful and harmful effects from the Deviate Fish will remain after
- Dark Iron Bracers have been changed to Bind on Equip.
- Set bonus for Stormshroud armor improved. It should be more compelling for
rogues and druids now.
- Winter's Might recipe now displays the correct +7 to spell damage instead of
- Fixed a typo in the item tooltip for the Alliance's Rune of Recall.
- Several lootable items in Alterac Valley have had their stack limit changed.
- Thorium Brotherhood now offers several new recipes. Additionally, several of
the old recipes now have different faction requirements.
- Additional Smithing/Leatherworking/Tailoring/Enchanting Recipes added to
Timbermaw at Honored Reputation
- Additional Smithing/Leatherworking/Tailoring/Enchanting Recipes added to
Argent Dawn at Honored and Revered Reputation. Also new First Aid recipe added
to Argent Dawn at Honored.
- Lokhtos Darkbargainer in Blackrock Depths now has many additional recipes
that can be learned at Honored, Revered and Exalted reputation. Recipes are
available for Enchanting, Tailoring, Leatherworking (all three specialty
types), Blacksmithing (Armorsmithing, and Weaponsmithing (all three specialty
- There is now an access quest to gain entry to Blackwing Lair. Happy Hunting!
- Shadow Priest Vandis at the Bulwark should now properly buff players who
complete any step of the "Return to the Bulwark" quest in Western Plaguelands.
- Fixed a typo in the Horde version of the quest "Reclaimed Treasures".
- Imps during the Warlock Mount Ritual in Dire Maul will no longer get stuck at
their spawn-in portals.
- Using the Collectronic Module on frozen rookery eggs for the quest "Egg
Collection" will correctly consume them.
- Obtaining a set of Thieves' Tools in the quest "Tools of the Trade" no longer
flags you for PvP.
Raids and Dungeons
- Several spawns removed from Scholomance. This should make for a more
enjoyable 5 player experience.
- Several spawns removed from Stratholme. This should make for a more enjoyable
5 player experience. Also, you will now be able to make additional attempts at
Ramstein and/or Baron Rivendare should your initial attempt fail.
- The trapped chests in Stratholme will now show up for Detect Traps and can be
disarmed. In addition, the number of creatures that come out of the trapped
chests has been reduced.
- Many creatures in Stratholme have gained Detect Invisibility/Stealth.
- The loot tables in Molten Core have been revised slightly.
- Characters that die and release in the Molten Core will now receive a minimap
corpse marker and arrow that will lead them to the window next to Lothos
Riftwaker in Blackrock Mountain.
- Phase shifted imps are no longer hit by Magmadar's Lava Bomb.
- Damage and resist messages from Magmadar's Lava Bomb shows up in the combat
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Cache of the Firelord (Majordomo Loot
chest), the Chest of the Seven (Blackrock Depths seven dwarves chest) and the
Gordok Tribute Chest (Dire Maul) from despawning too soon.
- The chance for an Epic quest item dropping from the Majordomo's chest has
been increased to 100%.
- The Corrupted Forces of Nature in Maraudon will now pursue correctly.
- Dire Maul has had several spawn locations changed and a slight increase in
- Crystal Fang, the rare spawn in Blackrock Spire, will now potentially appear.
- Raid UI has been significantly improved. You can now open the raid UI and
drag the name of a class to your gamefield to have a listing of all players of
that class be displayed on the game field. Likewise you can drag a group name
to your playfield to have the players in that group displayed on your
gamefield. In either case the display will show the health, mana and limited
buffs or debuffs on each player in the group or class and you can click on a
player listed this way to target that player. You can then right-click on the
class or group UI element to make some modifications to how the UI displays or
to remove the UI element.
- If you cycle through targets with the Tab key, manually select a different
target using another method, then quickly hit Tab again, your last Tab-selected
target will be re-selected and you can continue Tab-selecting where you left
off. Clearing your target will restart the Tab selection process.
- Items on the action bar now remain there even after they are consumed.
- If you shift-click on an item link while you are entering chat text, the item
link will now be pasted into your text.
- Mail recipient auto-completion will now use names from your guild as well as
your friends list.
- Hitting Escape will now cancel ranged weapon auto-shots.
- The pet UI will now be greyed out while you are mounted to reflect the fact
that you can't command your pet.
- NPCs which give dishonorable kills have the rank of Civilian and show up with
a white title background in the targeting frame.
- The effect of damage resistance and vulnerability is now displayed in the
- Combat abilities which are fully blocked show up correctly in the combat log.
- Crushing and glancing blows show more information in the combat log.
- Damage from poisons and curses now shows up in the UI after the caster has
- Players now receive an error message if they try to join a meeting stone
queue and are in a raid or are not the party leader.
- TargetUnitsPet() is obsolete and has been removed from the scripting system.
- Added UnitInRaid(), TargetLastTarget() and TargetNearestRaidMember() to the
- The GetPlayerMapPosition() script function will only work for you, your party
- Fixed an issue where chat window positions may not be restored to the correct
positions when re-entering the world.
- Fixed occasional crash when speech bubbles are enabled around NPCs that talk
- Fixed occasional crash when listing a chat channel with a large numbers of
- Fixed temporary lockup experienced by spell casting players when they are
- Flight Paths
o Added a Wind Rider Master to Camp Taurajo in The Barrens.
o New Horde Flight Paths --
+ Camp Taurajo in The Barrens <-> Crossroads in The Barrens
+ Camp Taurajo in The Barrens <-> Thunder Bluff in Mulgore
+ Camp Taurajo in The Barrens <-> Freewind Post in Thousand Needles
o Fixed several problems with the flight path from Undercity to Hammerfall
while passing through the Ruins of Andorhal.
o Fixed some problems with the Ironforge to Stormwind flight path.
o The Darkshire <-> Booty Bay flight paths no longer fly over the Gurubashi
Arena in Stranglethorn Vale, and therefore no longer flag fliers as being in
Free-for-All PvP. Also, they should no longer fly through the zeppelins coming
in and out of the Grom'gol Base Camp.
o Feralas, Durotar, Mulgore, Darnassus, Tirisfal Glades (excluding the
Bulwark graveyard), Elwynn Forest & the Eastern Plaguelands have now all been
converted over to the new graveyard system. The system will place your
character's spirit at the closest allowed graveyard in the zone. For example,
an Alliance character dying closer to the new Darnassus graveyard, detailed
below, will use that graveyard rather than the one located at Dolanaar.
Starting area graveyards are still reserved exclusively for characters of
similar faction that die within their confines. For example, the spirit of a
Horde character dying right outside of Deathknell will not use Deathknell
graveyard, but will instead go to the next closest Tirisfal Glades graveyard.
o A Horde-only graveyard has been added in the northern section of Durotar,
just to the south of Orgrimmar. In addition to serving northern Durotar, Horde
characters dying in Orgrimmar, The Hall of Legends and Ragefire Chasm will use
this new graveyard. Alliance characters dying in Durotar will continue to only
use the Razor Hill graveyard.
o A Horde-only graveyard has been placed at the northern base of Thunder
Bluff in Mulgore. Horde characters dying in Thunder Bluff will also use this
new graveyard. Alliance characters dying in Mulgore will continue to only use
the graveyard at Bloodhoof Village.
o An Alliance-only graveyard has been added at the eastern end of Darnassus.
Alliance characters dying in Darnassus will use this new graveyard. Horde
characters dying on Teldrassil will still only be able to use the graveyard at
o An Alliance-only graveyard has been added just outside of Ironforge, around
the side of the mountain. It is only for use by Alliance characters that die
inside Ironforge and in the Gates of Ironforge sub-area of Dun Morogh. Horde
characters dying therein will continue to only use the Kharanos graveyard.
o The Ruins of Lordaeron above Undercity now has a Horde-only graveyard.
Horde characters dying inside the Undercity will use this new graveyard.
Alliance characters will continue to solely use the Faol's Rest graveyard.
o A neutral graveyard has been added at the Eastvale Logging Camp in Elwynn
Forest. The graveyard at Goldshire is now for use by the Alliance exclusively.
Horde characters dying in Elwynn Forest and its sub-areas, as well as in
Stormwind, The Stockade and the Deeprun Tram, will have their spirits travel to
the new graveyard at the Eastvale Logging Camp.
o A neutral graveyard has been added on the island of Caer Darrow in Western
Plaguelands. It will serve characters who die on Caer Darrow and in
o A neutral graveyard has been added in the Eastern Plaguelands near the
northwestern shore of Blackwood Lake. Characters that die in The Fungal Vale
will continue to use the Darrowshire graveyard due to the mountains between it
and the new graveyard. Additionally, characters dying in Stratholme will now
use the new Blackwood Lake graveyard.
o A neutral graveyard has been added in Feralas, just to the southwest of
Dire Maul. Characters dying in Dire Maul will use this new graveyard.
- Darkmoon Cards have been seen dropping from high level Humanoids around the
world. Collect a set of them and bring them to the Darkmoon Faire when it is in
- The "Human, Theramore" faction is now the "Theramore" faction. This faction
is allied with the Alliance and is at war with the Horde.
- High Elves now have their own distinct faction - "Silvermoon Remnant". This
faction is allied with the Alliance and is at war with the Horde. Not all High
Elves are a part of this faction.
- Several NPCs around the world are now associated with the proper faction.
- Dimetradons in Un'Goro Crater should be found more regularly now.
- Fire Elementals in Searing Gorge should be easier to find.
- The pair of gryphons guarding the entrance to the Hinterlands have finally
decided to stop staring at one another and will now wander around the entrance
to the pass.
- Rashona Straglash was moved to be with other cloth-centric citizens in
- Several NPCs that were not marked as Civilians are now correctly labeled.
- Dark Strand Cultist and Enforcers are now correctly labeled Humanoid.
- Morbent Fel's level was slightly reduced to better fit the level range of
- Brinna Valanaar in Azshara now sells higher level arrows.
- Hadoken Swiftstrider of Camp Mojache, Feralas and Dinita Stonemantle in
Ironforge received promotions; they are now significantly tougher than before.
- Certain floating herbs, minerals, and chests should now be more down to
- The Barrens should now feel more alive.
- Sickly Gazelles now have a sickly look to them.
- Jarven Thunderbrew in Kharanos warns players in Common now, and not in
- The Wastewander Scufflaw of Tanaris now spells his own name correctly.
- Swift Green Raptor has been renamed to Swift Olive Raptor for clarity.
- An icon has been added at the Kalimdor continent map level for Revantusk
- Revantusk Village will now have an arrow pointing in its direction on the
mini-map when you get close enough to it.
- Fixed some typos in Gilnid's text in The Deadmines.
- Fixed some typos in Supervisor Raelen's text in Elwynn Forest.
Changes in v1.5.1:
- Fixed an assertion that was preventing Mac clients from playing in the
battlegrounds and causing a memory leak on PCs when they did.
- Improved error reporting to give more useful information to development.
Changes in v1.5.0:
- The Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley battlegrounds are now available. The
Warsong Gulch entrances may be found in the northern Barrens near the Mor'Shan
Rampart (Horde) and south of Silverwing Outpost in Ashenvale (Alliance). The
Alterac Valley entrances may be found east of Sofera's Naze in Alterac (Horde),
and in the Headlands of Alterac (Alliance).
- Wands - The Shoot Wand ability is now a toggle. While active, it will
continue attacking with the equipped wand until cancelled (e.g. moving).
Pet speed has been increased when out of combat and following their master.
- Berserking (Troll Racial) - Updated tooltip to clarify ability only usable
following a melee critical.
- Hardiness (Orc Racial) - Fixed a bug that caused many abilities to ignore the
- It should no longer be possible to disarm traps created by friendly players.
- Dishonorable kills - gained by killing a trivial Civilian NPC - now has a
negative impact on a player's honor. Enough dishonorable kills will reduce a
player's rank all the way to zero.
- Players may now see an "estimated contribution point value" in the combat log
for an honorable kill. Note that this value does not take diminishing returns
against the same player into account, and is therefore "estimated".
- "Team Contribution Points" has been renamed to "Honor"
- Added tooltips to the different elements of the Honor System UI.
- Players will see their last week's kill data in the "Last Week" section of
the Honor System UI even if they did not achieve the 25 honorable kills
required to gain standing or rank.
- Fixed a bug where the PvP trinket rewards were not always removing the
effects they were designed to remove (e.g. Polymorph, Fear, Stun).
- Sitting characters will now stand up immediately after an attack, even if
- Players can no longer swap inventory gear while dueling.
- Dueling is now allowed within Everlook.
- Special ability shots (e.g. Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot) no longer
add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when
determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now
properly reflect the actual cooldown.
- The Hunter Epic quest has had some of its Demonic Corrupters retuned. It
should also be noted that Hunters that attempt to bypass the single player
portion of the encounter by using another class to do their tasks will fail the
quest in a most glorious fashion.
- Tranquilizing Shot - Is now properly affected by Efficiency and Hawk Eye
- Unleashed Fury - Fixed a bug where the damage increase was lower than stated
in the tooltip. It should now increase damage by the listed amount.
- Growl - Rank 1 effect improved.
- Volley - Damage increased.
- Pet speed has been increased when out of combat and following their master.
- Spirit Guides in Battlegrounds will now summon/resurrect your current pet
when the Hunter is resurrected.
- Unstabling dead pets no longer puts players into a degenerate state where
their pet only partially exists. Unstabled dead pets can now be properly
revived, and players can no longer train more pets than their stable can hold.
- Fixed a bug where magic shots were missing too frequently when used on a
target with Blessing of Protection active.
- Mage Armor - Now has a new, unique icon.
- Fixed a bug where a Hunter's magic shots were missing too frequently when
used on a target with Blessing of Protection active.
- Inner Fire - Now stacks with other effects that increase attack power and
- Holy Nova - Cooldown decreased.
- Feedback - Casting a higher rank of the spell will now replace an existing,
lower level effect.
- Unbreakable Will - Fixed a bug that caused many abilities to ignore the
- Riposte - Fixed a bug where the ability was not usable against a disarmed or
- Vanish - Should be a lot more responsive when used to avoid incoming attacks.
- Fixed a bug where Fire Nova, Flametongue, Stoneclaw and Windfury Totems had
incorrect level caps when cast by higher level shaman. All totems should now be
summoned at the level of the caster.
- Flametongue Totem - Tooltip updated to clarify that only the main-hand weapon
- Windfury Totem - Tooltip updated to clarify that only the main-hand weapon is
- Fire Resistance Totem - New icon.
- Frost Resistance Totem - New icon.
- Grounding Totem - Fixed a bug that allowed some area of effect spells to be
"grounded" and/or destroy the totem.
- Improved Drain Mana - Damage caused is now considered Shadow damage and is no
longer reduced by armor.
- Improved Voidwalker - Now increases all Voidwalker spells (now also including
Sacrifice) by 10/20/30%.
- Improved Succubus - Now increases Succubus spells by 10/20/30%.
- Master Summoner - In addition to decreasing casting time of summoning the
Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus and Felhunter, it now reduces mana cost by 20/40%.
- Improved Enslave Demon - In addition to reducing the attack speed and casting
speed penalty of enslaved demons, it now reduces the resist chance of Enslave
Demon by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Demonic Sacrifice - Is now instant cast.
- Improved Firestone - Now also improves the bonus Fire spell damage of
Firestones by 15/30%.
- Inferno - The summoned Infernal will now be enslaved for 5 minutes before
turning on its summoner.
- Drain Mana - Targets with no mana will no longer be valid for Drain Mana
(Rank 4), making it consistent with all other ranks of the spell.
- Improved Drain Mana - Damage caused by this talent is now improved by the
Shadow Mastery talent.
- Conflagrate - Range increased.
- Siphon Life - Is now instant cast, damage increased.
- Paranoia - No longer causes threat when cast.
- War Stomp (Doomguard) - Now has a maximum of 5 targets.
- Pet speed has been increased when out of combat and following their master.
- Honorable kills will now generate a Soul Shard when Drain Soul and Shadowburn
- Spirit Guides in Battlegrounds will now resurrect your last Imp, Voidwalker,
Succubus or Felhunter. If the Doomguard or Infernal were the last active pet or
the previous pet was killed before the Warlock, an Imp will be summoned.
- Improved Curse of Agony - Fixed a bug where Curse of Agony (rank 1) was not
improved by the talent. The talent will now work properly with all ranks of
Curse of Agony.
- Overpower - Fixed a bug where the ability was sometimes blocked.
Improved Cleave - Now increases damage bonus by 40/80/120%.
- Blood Craze - Talent design changed. It now regenerates 1/2/3% of the
warrior's total health over 6 seconds after being the victim of a critical
- New Fury Talent: Dual Wield Specialization - Increases damage with the
off-hand weapon by 5/10/15/20/25%. Note: the additional damage also increases
rage generation significantly.
- Iron Will - Fixed a bug that caused many abilities to ignore the additional
- Enrage - Increased the number of charges to 12. Decreased the duration to 12
seconds. The new duration is the limiting factor for slower weapons (e.g.
Arcanite Reaper will typically get one less swing), while dual wielding and
faster weapons will make better use of all of the charges over the duration of
- Concussion Blow - Changed to an instant, stunning attack and removed the
- Shield Specialization - In addition to increasing % chance to block, it now
gives the warrior a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to generate 1 rage on a successful
- The following item sets have had their statistics, effects, and set bonuses
updated: Arcanist, Netherwind, Prophecy, Transcendence, Felheart, Nemesis,
Cenarion, Stormrage, Nightslayer, Bloodfang, Giantstalker, Dragonstalker,
Earthfury, Ten Storms, Might, Wrath, Lawbringer, and Judgement.
- Mature Blue Dragon Sinew and The Eye of Shadow can both now drop off
appropriate level demonic and blue dragonkin monsters. It should be noted that
both Lord Kazzak and Azuregos will guarantee a drop of the aforementioned items
but to get the items from the lesser creatures will be a much rarer occurrence.
- Essence of Eranikus now has a poison cloud graphic around it when used.
Murloc Scale Belt and Breastplate recipes now are white items instead of green
since they are vendor bought.
- Gryphon Mail Gauntlets now have a proper inventory icon.
- Ogre Toothpick Shooter now uses the proper attack animation.
- Distracting Dagger now sheathes properly.
- Mountain Giants in Feralas now drop loot more appropriate to their elite
- The Druid of the Claw quest in Teldrassil will now provide a weapon choice
more appropriate for low level Night Elves.
- The Dreadmist set now has a bonus for wearing all 8 pieces of the set.
- Cutthroat's Loincloth name changed to Cutthroat's Pants.
- Ritual Kilt name changed to Ritual Leggings.
- Felstriker effect's name changed to Felstriker to reflect the previously
patched item name change.
- Ogre Pocket Knife, Peacemaker, and Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers
now sheathe properly.
- Dragonbreath Chili's effect visual fixed.
- The Oblivion's Touch wand properly shoots now.
- Deepstrider Tumors are now a 100% drop off Deepstrider sea giants in
- New art has been added for Nightslayer, Lawbringer, and Beaststalker's item
- The Arcanist Crown has updated art.
- New Engineering firework recipe added.
- Added leatherworking recipe for mid level blue bracers.
- Dragonbreath Chili proc rate has been reduced.
- Restorative Elixir name changed to Resorative Potion with potion cooldown
timer. Functionality has been changed so it should be more effective as it now
dispels one harmful effect every 5 seconds for 30 seconds.
- Two new transporter recipes have been added, with one for gnomish and one for
goblin engineers. Gnomish engineers can get their recipe from Gadgetzan, Goblin
engineers from Everlook.
- Tribal Leatherworkers who have restarted their profession are now able to
relearn the various Wild Leather patterns if they've already completed the
quests prior to restarting the profession. Speak with Pratt McGrubben
(Alliance) or Jangdor Swiftstrider (Horde) in Feralas to relearn what you once
- Small Throrium Veins now sometimes will have Emeralds or Diamonds.
- Engineering Vendors now sell Blacksmith's Hammers.
- Both types of the engineer made Jumper Cables now share a cooldown. It was
never intended to allow a player to use jumper cables XL and jumper cables
within the same period of time.
- Solid Dynamite was inadvertently broken in the 1.4 patch to require harder
materials than it should. This has been fixed.
- Wicked Leather Bracers Plan is no longer bind on acquire.
- Jumper Cables no longer have a chance to break when they fail.
- Elemental Flux added to blacksmith vendors.
Raids & Dungeons
- Firesworns that are moved too far away from Garr will now become quite
enraged until they move closer to Garr.
- The eruptions from the lava in Ragnaros's Lair will now always happen while
Ragnaros is in combat. However, these lava eruptions occur less frequently, do
less damage, and the damage they inflict is now resistable.
- The maximum range of the Wrath of Ragnaros spell has been increased.
- Additional new raid items have been added to the treasure lists for Azuregos,
Lord Kazzak, and bosses in Molten Core.
- Onyxia - Fixed a bug that was causing Onyxia's Tail sweep to no longer cause
- Searing Gorge has a new quest hub for both Alliance and Horde players called
Thorium Point. The supported level ranges are 45-52. Craftsmen will be happy to
know that the Thorium Brotherhood has opened up many new opportunities to gain
favor amongst their clan (even for level 60 players).
- The Hinterlands has a new Horde quest hub known as Revantusk Village, located
on the eastern coastline. Horde players level 44-52 are encouraged to visit
Revantusk Village and assist the Revantusk with their myriad problems and
- All members of both the Horde and Alliance are reporting low stockpiles of
various textile resources! Donations of cloth are now being accepted in the
following locations: Darnassus, Stormwind, and Ironforge for the Alliance;
Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff for the Horde. Seek out an official
Cloth Quartermaster for more information.
- Several quests have been added to Feralas for level 45-52 characters.
Krueg Skullsplitter has moved from Thousand Needles to a more appropriate
location at Camp Mojache in Feralas.
- Highlord Demitrian is back! For those players unraveling the mysteries of
Thunderaan, you may once more speak with the Highlord.
- Dwarven Priests may now undertake the Molten Core discovery quest;
"Attunement to the Core." By fixing this bug, we had to open the quest to all
players once more. If you have already done the quest, you will not be required
to do it again in order to access the Molten Core via the portal.
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon should no longer despawn when "The Great
Masquerade" is activated.
- Characters on the "A Strange Historian" quest are now correctly prompted to
find Chromie in the northwest corner of Andorhal, where she and the ruined inn
have been moved to.
- The Gordok Courtyard Key and the Gordok Inner Door Key are now zone bound
items. These items only exist within the Dire Maul zone instance, and players
will lose these keys from their inventory if they leave the zone.
Everyone's favorite Alliance quest, "Deep Ocean, Vast Sea" now gives a
substantial coin reward in addition to the choice of item.
- Rage Scar Yetis in Feralas no longer give the quest item for the "Mark of
- Completing the "Mark of Quality" quest now gives Darnassus and Thunder Bluff
faction increase where appropriate.
- Merideth Carlson should only hand out her free horse feed now to people who
have already completed the quest for it.
- The "Unfinished Gordok Business" quest has been fixed to allow certain Human
Priests access to it who had difficulty previously.
- Sea Elementals and Sea Sprays in Feralas should now be giving out the proper
version of Oglethorpe's distress beacon.
- The end of the Paladin Epic Mount quest "Grimand's Finest Work" now makes it
clearer that Lord Shadowbreaker's acquisition of the Arcanite Barding is only
- Jeziba in the Ruins of Andorhal now faces the correct direction when pointing
to his Catalogue of the Wayward.
- Fraggar Thundermantle now correctly tells you to return to him, and not his
evil, two-eyed twin, Frobe Thundermantle when completing the Skull Rock
- The Branch of Cenarius no longer drops off of Prince Raze. It now properly
only drops off of Geltharis for the quest, The Branch of Cenarius.
- Failed quests will now indicate (Failed) in the quest log so it is easier to
- Typos fixed in the Paladin Epic Mount quests.
- Innkeepers around the world now have a gossip option that lets you join a
meeting stone directly from the innkeeper rather than going to the location of
the meeting stone. Also these Innkeepers will now have background lore about
each of the dungeons.
- Levels Required for meeting stones have been increased. The intent is that a
group will not receive party members from a meeting stone that don't really
have a chance of completing the dungeon.
- Meeting Stones have had their rules for what players are grouped with what
other players relaxed. This means groups who use meeting stones (or innkeepers)
should have their groups formed much more quickly than they were previously.
- Pets of other party members will now display in the party UI. You can see pet
health and harmful effects on the pet. You can turn this functionality on and
off in the Interface Options menu.
- Players can now target other players in a raid by clicking on their name in
the raid window. Additional Raid UI improvements coming soon.
- Added visual effects for healing power and spell power enchantments.
- Your main action bar now displays the number of the bar that you are
- In Master Looter mode, items are no longer opened up for looting by all party
members after the round-robin looter closes their loot window. The Loot Master
always distributes items over the loot threshold.
- Rolling on items while charmed/hexed/etc. now works, as does /random and
receiving items from the master looter.
- When a player dies in an instance and then uses the spirit healer, the body
in the instance now turns to bones.
- Players can no longer mail or auction an item that they've just disenchanted.
- When a ghost player is resurrected into an instance that has become full,
they no longer come to life wherever their ghost happens to be standing.
Instead, they get ported to the closest graveyard.
- Players must now bind a bind-on-equip bag to put in into a purchased bank bag
- Items split from stacks can now be dropped directly into (or onto) bank bags
without any mysterious error messages.
- Added a "Maximize" windowed video option which will maximize the game window
and remove the borders for a fullscreen experience which allows popup windows.
- Trying to use a hearthstone, consumable, etc. while logging out now displays
a more appropriate message: "Another action is in progress."
- The login interface files are now checked to make sure they haven't been
tampered with or corrupted. This is to improve account security in public game
- Added the function TargetNearestPartyMember() to the UI scripting system.
- The Thorium Brotherhood faction is now peaceful - players cannot go to war
- The Wildhammer Clan in the Hinterlands is now a peaceful faction to the
Alliance, meaning Alliance players cannot intentionally declare war on them.
A new graveyard has been added near the east coast of the Hinterlands at the
- The two Hinterlands graveyards are now using a system that will ensure that
the spirits of dead characters go to the closest graveyard.
- Buliwyf Stonehand, the dwarven weapon master in Ironforge, now properly tells
you about the weapons that Woo Ping can train you in, instead of talking about
himself. He does like going on about his own martial prowess.
Krinkle Goodsteel of Gadgetzan submitted a complaint to the local Repairer's
Union and has had his ability to repair durability reinstated.
- Brave Wildrunner of Bloodhoof Village in Mulgore no longer patrols through
the kodo mounts.
- Added new load screens for Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, Uldaman, Razorfen
Downs, and Zul Farrak.
- Discovering Valor's Rest now also pops the Southwind Village puzzle piece on
the Silithus area map.
- Many of the Swift Mounts have gained eye glows and some have had other tweaks
made to them to improve their looks.
- Additional mithril nodes have been added in Un'Goro crater
- Genavie Callow in Undercity is now properly on the Undercity faction.
- The Grow effect that Bom'bay in Sen'jin Village would sometimes cast on
characters was reduced from 100% to 50% growth.
- The Lazy Peons in The Valley of Trials now make a wood chopping sound when
they are hacking at the trees.
- The Dark Summoners of the Eastern Plaguelands have finally fully materialized
and are no longer ghostly in appearance.
- In Silverpine Forest on Fenris Island, moved a Rot Hide Plague Weaver's spawn
point from inside a tree.
- Neeka Bloodscar of Kargath no longer speaks as if she is in the Barrens.
New Horde Flight Paths
- Valormok in Azshara - Bloodvenom Post in Felwood
- Kargath in Badlands - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge
- Flame Crest in Burning Steppes - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge
- Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad - Revantusk Village in Hinterlands
- Undercity - Revantusk Village in Hinterlands
New Alliance Flight Paths
- Ironforge - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge
- Morgan's Vigil in the Burning Steppes - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge
- The flight path from Undercity to Kargath no longer clips into the ground
just south of Dalaran.
- Fixed bug causing all tailoring recipes to show up as "orange"
Patch 1.5 Supplemental Changes
General Battlegrounds changes
- All friendly players will now show up on the overhead and mini-map while in a
battleground (regardless of whether they are grouped).
- Players entering a battleground queue now receive a system message informing
them that they have successfully entered the queue.
- The mini-map icon for the battleground queue will now show the amount of time
you have waited. In addition, the "seconds" field of the estimated wait time
has been removed.
- Spirit Guides may only resurrect a maximum of ten players per "wave".
- Going AFK in a battleground will cause that player to be disconnected from
- Enemy NPC lieutenants and commanders now have a team bonus honor value.
- Enemy NPC lieutenants and commanders no longer respawn.
- Enemy towers are now destroyed rather than captured (a one-time event per
tower). The mechanics for destroying a tower are very similar to their previous
- The enemy NPC mine layer no longer respawns when killed.
- The respawn time for laying mines has been slowed.
- All Alterac Valley quest items (ie: armor scraps) are zone-bound, and will be
lost if taken outside the battleground instance.
- Korrak's respawn time has been increased to 30 minutes.
- NPC's in the entrance tunnels will no longer fight enemy NPCs, only enemy
- Lok'holar the ice lord and Ivus the forest lord are now friendly to Horde and
- Alliance players (respectively), and will therefore no longer affect friendly
players with area-of-effect spells.
- Sound effects have been added to critical battleground events (ie: a
graveyard being assaulted).
- Additional items for purchasing have been added to the quartermasters in the
entrance tunnels. The types of items you may purchase is based on your
reputation with the quartermaster.
- The Alliance and Horde NPC captains now periodically shout a "rallying cry",
granting a powerful effect to all friendly players in the battleground. Killing
the enemy's captain will deny the ability for the enemy to gain a rallying cry.
Ivus the Forest Lord now uses a winter Ancient Protector model rather than a
Keeper of the Grove model.
- The duration the flags will remain on the ground before automatically
returning has been changed from 2 minutes to 10 seconds.
- The Boots of Speed now have a random spawn timer between 2 and 3 minutes, and
the effect duration has been lowered to 10 seconds.
- Warsong Gulch now has a minimum of 8 players on each side to start a new
instance. The maximum is still 10 players.
- It should no longer be possible to "double capture" a single flag in Warsong
Gulch (get credit for two flag captures for capturing only one flag).
- Fixed a bug in Warsong Gulch where a carried flag would not be captured if
the carrier was standing on their own flag when it was returned.
Changes in v1.4.0:
Live Patch Notes Disclaimer: While we make every effort to include all upcoming
changes in our patch notes, please be aware that occasionally some changes are
Additional Patch Changes
- The /pvp flag has been changed to a toggle. Now once /pvp is turned on, you
will be flagged for PvP until it is turned off. The /pvp flag will remain even
after logging out, so please remember to turn off the /pvp flag if you do not
wish to engage in PvP. This option is only available to players on Normal and
Role Play realms.
- Item effects that increase the chance of a critical hit with spells will now
work properly with healing spells.
- Fixed a bug with Cho'Rush the Observer where he wasn't properly contributing
to the tribute loot mechanic in the North wing of Dire Maul.
World of Warcraft Client Patch Changes
PvP Honor System
The Player versus Player Honor System is now active. Players will be able
to gain rankings based on their PvP performance, with lucrative rewards for
those who distinguish themselves on the field of battle! Read more about the
PvP Honor system.
Children's Week is celebrated in Orgrimmar and Stormwind City at the start
of May and lasts for a week. It is a time to give back to the innocents of war:
Gurubashi Arena event
There is now a regular event in Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn Vale.
Every three hours starting at midnight, a pirate with too much treasure on his
hands will drop a chest in the center of the arena. Whoever can open the chest
first gets the contents! Of course, the arena is a PvP Free for All area, so
there might be other players who are trying to open it first...
Invasions by elementals at different locations on Kalimdor have reportedly
been occurring sporadically every few days. Concerned adventurers should
investigate Silithus, Un'Goro Crater, Azshara, and Winterspring to counter
- Charm and Polymorph mechanics can now be reactively countered by spells and
abilities (e.g. Druid Shapeshifting will now cancel Polymorph effects).
- Mana regeneration is now disrupted when a spell has completed casting rather
than at the start of casting. It will resume normally five seconds after the
last spell cast. This change increases the total time spent regenerating mana
and therefore increases the total contribution from Spirit for mana-based
- Level 60 mounts purchased at vendors now have a whole new look. Faster undead
mounts already have a different look and so have not changed. The new mounts
can be seen standing near the mount vendors. If you have one of the old fast
mounts, you can exchange it for one with a new look at the mount vendor.
- Healing-over-time spells should now be improved by "+Healing" items when cast
on other players.
- Mind Controlled characters will no longer receive a durability penalty when
- When a non-Hunter resurrects a pet, the pet will no longer receive
- A handful of spells were added to the list of spells subject to diminishing
returns in PvP. It is our goal to set as few spells as possible to be
diminished. We've identified this short list of spells as having durations and
cooldowns sufficient to almost permanently slow or immobilize targets but
without adequate controls or other limiting factors. When a spell with
diminishing returns is used against a target in PvP, the first effect has full
duration. On the second use of the same category of spell (e.g. slowing), that
spell's duration is reduced by 50%. On the third use, the duration is reduced
by 75%. On the fourth attempt, the target becomes immune to the spell. Spells
must be used on the same target within 15 seconds of the *end* of the duration
in order to be diminished. In other words, if a target hasn't had a slowing
spell active on them for more than 15 seconds, the next slowing spell will have
full effect. The list of affected spells is:
o Frost Shock
o Entangling Roots
o Frost Nova
- Guard directions, signs and signposts have been added to point you toward the
PvP Officer Lounges in Stormwind City (Champions' Hall) and Orgrimmar (Hall of
- Blood Fury - Now increases base melee attack power by 25% for 15 seconds.
When it fades base melee attack power is reduced by 25% for 45 seconds.
- Perception - Increased detection bonus.
- Berserking - Is now usable after being the target of a critical hit.
Increases melee, ranged and spell casting speed by 25% but increases all damage
taken by 10% for the duration.
- Ravage and Shred now properly increase the attack power contribution by the
- Shapeshifting into an animal form will now remove Polymorph effects.
- Feral Charge - Fixed a bug where the ability cost 10 rage instead of five as
intended. Should now cost five rage.
- Entangling Roots - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is
considered an immobilizing effect.
- A new Hunter epic quest series is now in the game and waiting to be found.
- Scatter Shot (Talent) - Now usable while moving and no longer interrupts
ranged combat. Now properly reduces the ranged attack power contribution by the
- Highland Striders no longer have Cower (Rank 3) when tamed.
- New Pet Ability: Dive - Increases movement speed for a short duration.
- New Pet Ability: Dash - Increases movement speed for a short duration.
- Freezing Trap - Visual changed.
- Track Hidden - Increased stealth detection.
- Scorpid Sting - Fixed a bug where it was not considered a poison. It can now
be removed by poison curing effects.
- Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack - These Aspects will now be canceled when mounted.
- Viper Sting - This spell can no longer be used on warrior and rogue targets.
In addition, while it can be used on a druid target at any time it will only
drain mana when the druid is in caster form.
- Amplify Magic and Dampen Magic effects should now replace each other
- Improved Scorch (Talent) - Redesign. Scorch spells have a 20/40/60/80/100%
chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Fire damage. This vulnerability
increases the Fire damage dealt to your target by 2% and can be stacked up to 5
times for a total of 10% increased Fire damage.
- New Spell: Arcane Brilliance (available at level 56 - Loot) - Infuses the
target's party with brilliance, increasing their Intellect.
- Improved Mana Shield - Design changed. Instead of increasing the amount
absorbed, it now decreases the mana lost per point of damage taken by 10/20%.
- An error message is now displayed if you try to use Blink on boats and
- Wand Specialization - Fixed a bug where the damage increase with this talent
was higher than the listed amount.
- Frost Nova - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is considered an
- Pyroblast and Fireball damage over time will now stack together.
- Seal of Wisdom and Seal of Light should now replace each other properly as
well as stack properly when used by different paladins.
- Paladin Epic Mount quest added. To begin, talk to the paladin trainers
Duthroian Rall or Brandur Ironhammer.
- Paladins who have completed their Epic Mount quest can repeat the final event
in Scholomance for fun (and loot) by speaking with Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker.
- Sanctity Aura - Fixed a bug where the spell/talent was unlearned after
logging out if learned before level 40.
- Resistance Auras - Paladins should now be able to switch from a resistance
aura to any other resistance aura without canceling the current one first.
- Improved Seal of Justice - Fixed a bug that caused the talent to have no
effect. It will now increase the frequency that the stun effect will land.
- A new Priest epic quest series is now in the game and waiting to be found.
|File Name: wow-1.6.0-enus-patch.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 190.12 MB||Files Added: 11,452|
|Downloads: 35,048 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,992,034 (29,012 last week)|
|Posted: 18.07.2005||Supporters: n/a|