Mod: Warspace Extension 1.25
This mod tweaks XCOM to make better use of the game's features and give more control to the player. So now, if you play it right, you will be rewarded. But if you play it wrong, you will be punished.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- This mod tweaks XCOM to make better use of the game's features and give more control to the player. I wanted the player's decisions to become more meaningful, rather than being punished randomly by the game all the time. So now, if you play it right, you will be rewarded. But if you play it wrong, you will be punished.
Note that this mod was made to be played on the Classic difficulty (with full AI) but Impossible might work just fine too. Don't worry about the difficulty level, the difficulty is the same as Normal, just with full AI and a few more enemies.
Also keep in mind that this mod was not designed for save scumming. If you save scum, you might find this mod too easy. This mod is more "fair" than vanilla and is best played by letting the bad decisions simply happen, don't reload. You can recover from bad decisions.
Things that have changed:
- Conventional guns are average.
- Lasers do less damage but are more accurate. Higher chance to damage the environment and do criticals.
- Plasma weapons do more damage but are less accurate. Highest chance to damage the environment and do criticals.
- Plasma weapons take a few more shots to damage the environment compared to vanilla settings (in which they destroyed almost everything with a single hit).
- Arc Thrower now goes in the pistol slot (it has full animation and graphics, so I guess this is how it was originally made).
- Pistols have slightly less accuracy compared to rifles.
- Pistols need to be reloaded, just like every other weapon.
- Shotguns do more damage but have a bit less accuracy compared to rifles. Shotguns should be more useful now.
- Sniper rifles have slightly more accuracy compared to the other weapons.
- The sniper rifle's close range accuracy penalty has been removed (it still needs two moves to be able to fire, I think that's harsh enough).
Strategical map rebalanced:
- The missions the player ignores won't decrease the panic level of entire continents anymore, but only of specific countries.
- Panic penalties will mostly apply to single countries, but the panic penalties are bigger.
- When it's time to decide whether to leave the council, continents with a satellite have a small chance to stay, countries with a sat have a bigger chance.
- Satellites are more likely to decrease panic levels inside the country once a month.
- Countries with no satellite in their continent will leave at the end of the month when their panic level reaches level 4.
- Normal satellites have a very tiny chance not to be destroyed by UFOs when undefended.
- Stealth satellites have a much bigger chance not to be destroyed by UFOs when undefended.
- European countries give slightly more money to give the player an incentive to put your satellites there.
- Increased chance for UFOs showing up.
- UFOs doing missions can be intercepted sometimes.
- Human rookies start off with a bit less accuracy.
- Human soldiers gain more Will with each level to decrease the chances of panic.
- Human soldiers who panic won't try to kill your own soldiers anymore (the guy who thought this was a great idea deserves to be shot).
- Soldiers who take damage during missions will be recovering for a MUCH longer time, especially if they are "gravely injured", so don't get hit!
- Tanks take a few more days to be repaired when heavily damaged.
- Carapace, Titan and Archangel armors provide two item slots instead of just one.
- Civilians killed offscreen by Chryssalids will turn into zombies on Normal and Classic (it already was so on Impossible).
- On Normal and Classic difficulty levels, the AI should now use more than 5 NPCs (it already was so on Impossible)
- Normal, Classic and Impossible difficulty levels should be the same now, apart from hard-coded differences, like more enemies and unlocking the full AI.
- Basically, if you want full AI, play on Classic or Impossible.
- Keep in mind, this mod was made for the Classic difficulty level, but I guess Impossible should work too. AI is shackled on Normal, so don't play that!
- 2nd Wave is enabled.
- Changed the way the Arc Thrower is used during battles. You no longer need to select it before using the ability. This way a few bugs are fixed.
- Carapace, Titan and Archangel armors allow for two small item slots, enabling new playstyles. Other armors already are pretty damn good.
- Reduced HP bonus of Archangel armor to 6, to balance out the extra item slot.
- Low level enemies got an accuracy boost to make the first half of the game a bit harder.
- Plasma weapons got a tiny environment damage boost.
- Changed settings of the Not Created Equally SW option. Rookies won't start with insanely high stats.
- First release.
|File Name: Warspace Extension-1-25.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 17 KB||Files Added: 9,663|
|Downloads: 246 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,446,389 (74,170 last week)|
|Posted: 18.10.2012||Supporters: n/a|