Dark Cloud 2 Hints, Tips
- Easy items
- To get health and battle items easily, go around and collect more people to put on the train. Then go on the train and make them join your party. Use them to make things such as Cheese, Roasted Chicken and Improved Bombs.
To swindle some free items, get Polly and/or Ferdinand to accompany you on your journey. When you are on the train, add them to your party. Press Triangle and go to character. Go to them and use their ability to gain free items. Parn is also a good character to get. Put him in your party, and if your better character dies, use his special ability to leave a dungeon for free.
- Easy level up
- Take one of your strong characters (i.e., most health, strongest weapon) but not the Ridepod, and go to a dungeon that you can get minimal damage done to you. Kill the enemy with your strong person, and immediately afterwards, press L3 to switch characters or R3 to switch to the Ridepod. This is especially useful when trying to build up the Ridepod since he loses fuel easily. This makes it so he does not move or get hurt.
To level up your weapons faster, alternate your characters. Press L3 immediately after defeating an enemy. The ABS points will then get distributed evenly between your right- and left-handed weapons. This way, you do not have to actually use your gun/armband to level them up.
- Easy money
- When you get Erik in Chapter 2, go up to him and add him to your party. Press Triangle to go to the menu and select "Character". Select Erik and use his ability to make bombs. Then, send him back to the train and sell them. Keep going back to him when his skill points increase. Do this repeatedly. Each of his bombs cost 150 Gilda.
Go into the first floor of the underground channel. In most of the treasure chests, you will find up to about four Attribute Crystals (Flame,Cyclone, Chill, etc.). Each crystal sells for 75 Gilda apiece, which is 300 Gilda per chest.
Invent the "Turkey" Spheda Club using Special Peking Duck, Tree, and Windmill Feather. Then, get at least three Rolling Logs and three Scrap Metal. The total cost is 90 Gilda. Make one and sell it for 230 Gilda.
Equip the Lure Rod to Max and put on one lure of any kind. Make sure you have another lure of the same type with you. Go to the Lure Rod status screen. Go to the extra lure and equip it. At this point, it should have made a noise and you should still have the same amount of lures in your inventory. You can do this as many times as needed until you have up to 998 lures on your rod (not including the one in your inventory). Select the lures with Triangle and move them into your inventory. You can now sell them for 150 gilda each, for almost 150,000 gilda total.
- Once you gain the ability to have a third party member, go to Erik and have him make bombs for you. Then, switch to someone who is more useful in the field into your party. When you return from fighting, see Erik again and have him make more bombs for you if he has recharged enough ability points. You can also sell Erik's bombs for quick cash.
- Easy photos
- Spin around the room or area you are in to find all the photos you need.
- Knight Boots
- The best invention is Belt, Shield, and Moon. This is the Knight Boots. They are already equipped to Monica, but they can spectrumize into two attack points for weapons. You can get it at the start of the game. Sell the Attack Spheres for money. You already have the Belt. The Moon is in the sky, at night. The Shield is in the weapon shop.
- Laser Arm Four for Ridepod
- To make the Laser Arm Four for the Ridepod, you need the Legend Of The Moon, Blue Lantern, and Energy Pipe.
- Low sword value
- Try to sell the sword Seventh Heaven at the Wise Owl shop to learn that it is only worth 1 Gilda.
- Lure Rod
- To make a Lure Rod, all the photos you need are Fish, River, and the Lafrescia Stem.
- Saving money
- Use the following trick to save Money when escaping dungeons. When you have 1000 Gilda or more, make sure to talk to Conda and buy as many gold bars as possible. Since they buy/sell for the same price, you can get your money back whenever needed. If you run out of Escape Powder, you can escape the dungeons and lose a lot less money.
- Save Ridepod fuel
- To save Ridepod fuel on levels with Ridepod Only medals, run around the levels as Max. When you see an enemy, press L3 to defeat it, then press L3 again to return to Max and not waste fuel.
- Enter Max's house and talk to Adel. She will need to get items to make new clothes for you. Get the items and give them to her. Leave the room, go back in, and talk to her.
- Borneo and Erik
- Borneo and Erik become available to move into the houses you build in the Georama area in chapter 5.
- As the game progresses, Cedric begins to get more parts for the Ridepod in every new chapter.