Devil May Cry Hints, Tips
- Replay bonus
- Successfully complete the game on easy mode. Then, start a new game and you will be able to keep all your items such as the grenade launcher and all your swords from the previous game.
- Easy mode
- Successfully complete missions 1, 2, or 3 while using at least one continue. At the start of the next mission, there will be an option to change the game to easy mode. Note: Once easy mode is activated you cannot return to normal mode.
- Hard mode
- Successfully complete the game once to unlock Hard mode.
- Legendary Dark Night mode
- Successfully complete Hard mode to unlock Legendary Dark Night mode.
- Dante Must Die mode
- Successfully complete Legendary Dark Night mode to unlock Dante Must Die mode.
- Super Dante mode
- Successfully complete Dante Must Die mode to unlock Super Dante mode. In this mode, you can transform into a devil, and use magic indefinitely.
- All-star group photo
- Successfully complete the game with an "S" rank on all missions to unlock the all-star group photo.
- Skip FMV sequences
- During an FMV sequence, press Select to skip it.
- Secret mission locations
- Mission 3: Fall back in the water where the skullheads were located.
Mission 3: You will start near the Judge of Death. Press X to get the secret mission.
Mission 3: After you get chased by the Phantom, at the end of the hall will be a door to the left. Enter it.
Mission 4: Return to the room with the power-up statue. You will have an encounter with the spider in the hall, just escape to the nearest door, then go back out.
Mission 4, Part 2: Go to the airplane room after the panther has been defeated, then take the elevator down.
Mission 7: Kill the enemies in the sewer hall, then go the pipe room (where the key was located).
Mission 11: Go through the door at the start of the mission.
Mission 14: Check the skeleton of the boat from the previous mission.
Mission 15: Check the skull carving underground in the previous mission.
Mission 16: Defeat the blob Boss, then go to the airplane room.
Mission 16: For a second secret mission, go to the coliseum.
Mission 17: Go through the warp zone, then cross the broken bridge without falling.
Mission 21: Check the wall on the opposite side of the power-up statue.