The Fast and the Furious Hints, Tips
- Easy money
- Purchase the $35,000 '02 350Z Fairlady Nismo S-tune, then immediately turn around and sell it back to the dealership for $37,300. It is a good car, but is fully tuned as it comes, so its potential is limited. You can purchase it, drive it, and sell it back for a profit.
- Easy Drift Battles
- Note: This does not include the grip/drift battles. Do power overs (donuts) in one location to get lots of points. Make sure you have enough room to do the donuts or you will keep hitting rails. Use your Clutch (L1) + Gas (X), and when in the donut keep them both held with your direction held to either the left or the right. Try using the '67 Mustang Fastback. To be able to buy the car you must complete and win a few roll up races. The following are recommended set-up specs for the '67 Mustang Fastback:
Intake/Exhaust: Level 5
Fuel/Ignition: Level 5
Supercharger: None (leave stock)
Suspension: Level 5
Brakes: Level 5
Transmission: Level 5
Clutch/Flywheel: Level 5
Weight Reduction: Level 5
Tires: Stage 2 Drift
Namebrand Rims: Wedsport Kranze Cerberus II
Front Rims/Tires: Smallest Rim Size/Smallest Tire Width
Back Rims/Tires: Largest Rim Size/Largest Tire Width
Additionally, use transmission Level 3 while drifting. It helps keep drifts going longer without stooping.
- Easy Grip Battles
- When doing Grip Battles in the mountains it is easier to win if you treat it like a drift match. You will take corners faster and finish quicker.
- Boss's car
- When you have defeated all the members of a crew, you are left with the crew's Boss. After defeating the Boss you will be awarded with his or her car and a new performance upgrade.
- Tuning limitations
- Special versions of cars cannot be tuned, such as the Nismo Skyline, or any other car that was a specially tuned version from the manufacturer. Also, cars that are won from defeating Bosses cannot be tuned.
- Recommended car
- The fastest car is the Toyota Supra. Put all Level 5 parts on it and it can reach 250 mph. The Corvette Z06 is one of the fastest cars in the game. Tune it as follows and it will be able to reach over 270 mph. Set everything to Level 5 except Gearbox (Level 3) and Differential (Level 4). Note: This car is fast but has too much hp for drifting. To get a good drift car, it is best if it is between 400 and 500 hp and with Drift Tires Level 4. Gearbox for drift cars should always go to Level 3 and Turbo/Supercharger to Level 2 or 3.
It is recommended that you only use FR/MR/AWD cars in this game. All the FF cars are slow even when fully tuned.
- Defeating D.K.
- When you race against D.K. in the final drift battle on Suicide Mountain, use the Brake Drift on the entire track. This is the easiest way to complete the track.
- Racer and car references
- Look for famous names and cars throughout the game, such as cars and actors from the three The Fast And The Furious movies, cars from D1GP and Formula D, and drivers from D1GP. There are places such as Torreto's Muscle shop, which refers to Dominic Torreto from The Fast And The Furious, Hans Tuning shop from Tokyo Drift, and many others.