Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy Hints, Tips
- Alternate ending
- Successfully complete the game after collecting 101 Power Cells to view a different ending.
- Faster credits
- Once the names of the Naughty Dog staff have been shown and have disappeared off the screen, hold X or Circle, The credits will speed up and be completed in a few seconds.
- Faster Zoomer
- Hold L1 + R1 to go faster on the Zoomer, at the expense of maneuverability.
- Shoot cannons farther
- To make the cannons at Misty Island and Sentinel Beach shoot farther, hold Square or Circle + X. This helps with any steel boxes.
- Super jump
- Press L1 + X. If timed correctly, you will go into a crouch position and spring higher that you would by double jumping (X, X). Do the rolling jump, then just as you touch the ground, press X. You will jump as high as the double jump. After double jumping, press Circle rapidly for a longer jump.
- Avoid fall damage
- Press Circle to spin kick just before you hit the ground and you will land perfectly every time.
- Swim faster
- Instead of holding the Analog-stick in the direction you want to swim, keep tapping the Analog-stick in that direction. By doing this, you will move about twice as fast.
- In training mode, get Blue Eco to go through a door; instead jump off the mountain side with rocks. If done correctly you will be flying until the Blue Eco runs out.
- Infinite Green Eco
- When fighting rats in Boggy Swamp, do not destroy their nest. They are very easy to defeat and give you four pieces of Green Eco each. If you are low on life, destroy some rats.
- Power Cells
- Go in the Forbidden Jungle and talk to the person that is standing on a bridge. If you catch 200 pounds of fish, he will give you a Power Cell and let you ride his boat until dark. To get the electricity to work for Sandover Village. go into the Forbidden Jungle and go behind the big building. There should be a little building on the right. Get on top of it and break the mirror by kicking it in the air. Follow the beam to the next pole. Keep on doing this until it is done, then go to the mayor for a Power Cell.
- Extra Precursor Orbs
- After defeating the giant plant in the Forbidden Jungle, go back and jump on what looks like the left eye of the plant. An orb will appear. Grab it and repeat. You should be able to get at least four orbs out of it.
- Defeating the Giant Plant
- At the Giant Plant in the Forbidden Jungle level, run from the first spike bug until the spikes go in, then destroy it. The plant will try to eat you. Dodge it, and it will go to sleep. Jump up on the leaves and hit the flower part. Repeat this another two times. After he collapses, jump on his head and an orb will appear. Jump on the head until no more orbs come out.
- Defeating the Klaww
- At the Klaww in the Mountain Pass level, dodge the boulders. The last one he throws will contain Blue Eco. Get it, and a bridge will appear. Run to the end, dodging the boulders as you go. Get the Yellow Eco at the end, and when he starts to make a big boulder, fire away. Keep blasting him until he drops the boulder on his head, then run back to the first three platforms and repeat the process another two times.
- Get to Yellow Sage
- When you get to Gol and Maia's Citadel, free the Blue Sage first and go on the Blue Eco platform. Roll, then jump off. You will be able to free the Yellow Sage without having to go through the obstacles. Note: This may require some practice to avoid falling.
- Map translation
- The following message is the code translated from around the outside of the map that is included with the game:
"In ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep, the silent giants wait to be awakened. Deep will their slumber be, silent their once echoing voices, until the world has no memory of their beginnings. In the gloom they will watch, and they will wait. Those who go to them for answers will return only with new questions. But these will come when silence ends. The one who carries the light will awaken the voices. With him one whose fate was twisted toward darkness long ago, in the time before time when the light bursts from the earth the answers to the questions will begin. But only begin, for still the world will not be ready to learn the truth of its past, or the secrets of its future."
- Dark Crystal locations
- Hanging in Gnawing Lerker area. Same height as the power cell. It is easy to shoot and find.
On the way to the Robot area. It is harder to shoot, easy to hit, and easy to find.
Near Dark Cave entrance. It is easy to shoot and find. Use platforms to hit.
Near Dark Cave entrance. Cross Dark Eco with platforms. You should be able to find some clean water on the other side of some Dark Eco. You must use the rolling jump (L1 or R1 and jump when you finish rolling) or you cannot get across the Dark Eco. Swim down and get close enough and it will explode. It is difficult to get to.
In Dark Cave, after you pass the second hanging spider and before the first rotating platform. Near the crystal that is after the second spider, you can find some clean water. Swim down and get close enough and it will explode.