Maximo: Ghosts to Glory Hints, Tips
- Gallery mode
- Collect the Sorceress kiss at the end of each level. Seat each of the four kisses to a power-up position. Once the game is completed, the art gallery will be unlocked.
- Mastery level
- Achieve a 100% mastery ranking to unlock the Mastery level. To master a level, you must kill every enemy and find every hidden chest.
- Defeating Achille and Demon Queen
- This is the hardest fight in the game. It is essential to have the Gold Shield . When you start the fight, run as close as possible to Achille. When he looks like he is going to attack, put up your shield and block him. When you can attack. do a thrust attack. After you hit him he will say "Back off" and a sphere of purple energy will fly out. Do not worry, as this does not hurt you. When you get up, immediately do a double jump then run in for the attack. Once you do another thrust attack on Achille, he will have a big replica that cannot be hit. Do not try to hit this thing -- only repeat what it says on the forcefield guarding Achille . After this, four energy ray guns will appear from the floor. Achille then starts to regain his life. Attack these guns as fast as possible. Try using your shield because it can be used to hit things from a distance. Once this happens three times, Achille's power will run out of his staff and turn it into a brutal weapon. All you have to do at this part is to use thrust attack after thrust attack. Once Achille is gone you will have to fight the Demon Queen. She is very easy. When you fight her, the whole room will be pitch black and all you will be able to see is her eyes. She will approach you. Jump and strike the stone in her forehead to defeat her.
- Defeating Captain Cadaver
- This is a very easy battle. To defeat him, knock him onto the grates on the floor until he starts to try to get out. Then, kneel (L2) and press Square. This will knock him out of the grate, causing damage. This Boss is not very difficult and only has a few attacks. For most of his attacks, just use your shield to block them. For others, such as when he shoots at you, use timed jumps.
- Defeating Ghastly Gus
- Do a downward strike (X, X, Triangle) until he falls, then do a thrust strike (hold any direction and press Triangle). Stay out of the hole in the middle of the stage. It is "dead ground" and will slow you down and cause damage. Since Gus is so large, he is rather slow. You can use this to your advantage. When the battle begins, run away from him so that he does not chase and attack you. When he flings boulders, simply run in a curve and they will not hit you. After that, he will smash the ground with his shovel. Perform a double-jump over the shockwave that is created. While he is yelling, perform a downward strike (X, X, Triangle) on his foot. Perform another while he is yelling (this time in pain) to knock him over. Perform a thrust attack. Repeat this to defeat him.
- Defeating Lakor Bas
- When he shrinks, keep jumping away from him (X, X). After that, he will send out some little voodoo dolls. Hit as many as you can until he starts shooting at you. The best way to destroy these little guys is a spin attack (Square, then rotate the Analog-stick counterclockwise). After that, he will split up and start running around. Hit all of them until there is one remaining. Then, do a thrust strike (hold any direction and press Triangle). Repeat this and you will be victorious.
- Defeating Lord Gutterscum
- This is the easiest Boss in the game, Make sure you go into the battle with Armageddon (the purple sword power-up). When he stops moving, run around him and hit him in his fanny with a thrust attack. Repeat this and he will be defeated. This fight is easy because he just stays in one location -- it just requires timed jumps.
- Defeating enemies
- Use the following tactics to defeat the corresponding enemy. Note: For all enemies lying on the ground, do a jumping sword slam to kill them instantly, except for the Scimitar Pirates as you will take damage unless they are lying on their front.
Blue Skeletons: Overhead slash works best.
Red Skeletons: Thrust with sword.
Pike-Wielding guards: Throw a shield from afar to remove their armor, then attack up close.
Scimitar Wielding Pirates: Jump over them to momentarily confuse them, then attack from behind.
Yetis: Run in very close and slash. They will not touch you.
Ghosts: Stand still, then hit them as if they were a baseball.
- Hidden chest locations in Grave Danger
- Chest 1: Directly to the left of the starting point.
Chest 2: Face the gate where you need a gold key to get to the next part of the level. It is directly behind you. Walk up to the tree behind you and press X(2) to do a double jump.
Chest 3: Located atop the platform behind the spot where the three skeletons jump up and where there are two coins in a grave. You must jump on a tombstone that is closest to the platform. It is an iron chest that holds the Flame Tongue sword enchantment.
Chest 4: After you run around the pit of lava, there is a chest on the right side of the tree, if you face it. It is on the opposite side of the chest that holds a red potion.
Chest 5: Located on the left of the two platforms that you must jump across.
Chest 6: Located to the left of the gate with the broken right side. The chest contains an extra life.
Chest 7: Located in the part where there is a ax throwing skeleton. It is in the ground, next to a lone rock.