Cheats & Hints
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Cheats & Codes
You can mess around with the animation and background at the title screen by pressing different buttons.
|Triangle||Turns the background black so that you can only see Snake fighting the soldier.|
|L1||Changes the color of Snake and the soldier.|
|L2||Changes the color of Snake and the soldier.|
|R1||Speeds up the Snake vs. soldier animation.|
|R2||Slows down the Snake vs. soldier animation.|
|L3||Changes the background design.|
|R3||Changes the screen's color.|
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Hints, Tips
- Change Colors at Title Screen
- When at the the main screen press L1 or L2 to change the backround colors.
- Speed up or Slow down intro animations
- To speed up the animations at the start screen hold R1 and to slow them down hold R2.
- Metal Gear Acid Password
- When entering "Graniny Gorki Lab, 1F" (An area in which you must wear the scientist disguise), interrogate the first guard you see in the lobby. The 3rd time you interrogate him, he'll reveal a password for Metal Gear Acid: "J E H U T Y"
- Kojima Game's models
- In the office of Granin, there are models of things from other games Hideo Kojima Made. There is a model of Metal Gear Rex from Metal Gear Solid 1, A model of Metal Gear Ray from metal gear solid 2, and a model of Jehuty from Zone of the enders 1 and/or 2.
- Ocelot Time Paradox
- After the cut scene where you first meet Ocelot, knife (or shoot if you have the Patriot) him to death. Once you kill him the game over screen will pop-up and say "OCELOT IS DEAD." Cambell will then yell at Snake for creating a time paradox.
- Secret R1 Cutscenes
- At three points during the ending, you can hold R1 to look around in first person. It is not indicated that you can use R1 but it's there. There are some small hidden things that can only be seen this way.
- Title Screen Change
- After beating the game once, Snake will have an eyepatch on during the CQC fights he has with the Russian guard at the title screen.
- What do you like?
- When beginning a new game you are prompted with three questions:"This is my first MGS game""I like MGS1""I like MGS2"Selecting this is my first MGS game has the regular opening. Selecting I like MGS1 has Snake with no beard in the opening. Selecting I like MGS2 gets you a special intro.
- Make Eva vomit
- Similar to making Snake spew, when you're escorting Eva to the lake, go into the cure option in the Survival Viewer to look at Eva and then use the analog sticks to spin her around several times. When you resume gameplay, Eva will vomit. Repeat this enough times and she will complain about stomach cramps and say other funny comments but this will also diminish her stamina quicker.
- Secret R1 Cutscenes
- At the end of Virtious Mission, Hold R1 in the cutscene after Snake has healed himself. You will be able to look around when it is not indicated that you can and you can see The Sorrow's body. After you've climbed the mountain, hold R1 during the cutscene where Snake is spying on Volgin on the base. You can see The Boss ride off on her horse and EVA do the "handgesture".After being tortured, hold R1 as Ocelot leaves the room. The Boss does the "handgesture".After defeating the Shagohod, hold R1 and when EVA goes to hug Snake you can see The Sorrow behind her.After defeating The Boss, when her horse walks up, hold R1. You can see the ghosts of The Boss and The Sorrow.When the President goes to shake Snake's hand, hold R1 and look to the left. Ocelot is outside the window.When Snake is at the graveyard, hold R1. His eye tears up and you can't see much.
- Extra scene in Quick Draw
- At the end, when you do the quick draw with Ocelot. Pick the gun on the left, when you can shoot do not shoot at all. A hidden cutscene will happen with Ocelot talking about why you didn't shoot the gun.
- See naked Raiden again
- When obtaining the uniform from Raikov, the guy who looks and attacks like Raiden, shoot him in the crotch to kill him. During your battle with The Sorrow, a naked raiden will walf down the river hiding his privates, complete with bluring.
- Listening to Granin
- After your meeting with Granin, his door will become locked to you but you can still listen to him inside his office. After a few minutes he will start mumbling some curious things while half asleep.
- See an MGS2 Poster
- During the cut-scene when Snake stuffs Major Raikov into the locker, on the door of the locker, there is a poster with a picture of Raiden and the text 'Metal Gear Solid 2' on it
- Another Metal Gear Acid Password
- In the Snake Eater Mission, go to compound area where the Hind sits. You'll know it's the right area because you'll see the Hind (Helicopter) grounded with noone piloting it. Interrogate the guard closest to the front door entrance of the largest building two or three times and he'll give you a password for Metal Gear Acid: V I P E R (Viper).
- Eva's Dream of Snake
- When you are in the woods with Eva, shoot her with the tranquilizer gun. Walk right up to her while she is asleep (you may have to crouch). She will begin saying interesting things in her sleep.
- Motion Capture Actors
- During a cut scene, if you see the name of the character, the name in the parentheses is the voice actor. If you hit O, the name will change to the name of the character's motion capture actor.
- Modern Day Gaming Mags in 1964
- If you look around in the military bases throughout the game (Groznyj Grad, Graniny Gorki, etc.) you can find several modern day gaming magazines on tables, including EGM, GMR, and a few others. Shoot these magazines with a weapon and they will open to a page about Snake Eater. Shoot them again and they will flip to the back cover.
- An Old Favorite
- While traveling with EVA, grab her, and interrogate her. She'll tell you a code that involves directions but then she'll say that she doesn't remember the rest of it. The code EVA was talking about was the famous 30 lives cheat code from Contra on the NES.
- Johnny Sasaki deja vu
- After being captured and waking up in the cell, throw back the food 3 times to see the scene where the soldier tells you his and his sons name (Johnny). Now wait a few minutes, Johnny will bend over, hold his stomach and will then run to the toilet. As a bonus, he will say some hilarious sentences like "Wow, that's a record!" or "Will that even flush?"
- Yet another metal gear acid password:
- This guy is located in the back of groznyj grad main wing (The place with the shagohod). If you interrogate him he should say, "Metal Gear Acid password, K A R E N".