Cheats & Hints
Okami Hints, Tips
- Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus:
Invincibility: Find all 100 Stray Beads.
Jukebox: Successfully complete the game.
Kamic Returner: Successfully complete the game.
Kamic Transfomer 1: Successfully complete the game.
Kamic Transfomer 2: Successfully complete the game.
Kamic Transfomer 3: Get an "S" ranking for "Deaths".
Kamic Transfomer 4: Get an "S" ranking for "Enemies Defeated".
Kamic Transfomer 5: Get an "S" ranking for "Money Gained".
Kamic Transfomer 6: Get an "S" ranking for "Demon Fangs Found".
Kamic Transfomer 7: Get an "S" ranking for "Praise Earned".
Kamic Transfomer 8: Get an "S" ranking for "Praise Earned".
Kamic Transfomer 9: Get an "S" ranking for "Praise Earned".
Secret Theatre: Accumulate more than 31 hours of game play time.
Stray Bead: Successfully complete the game.
- New Game+
- Successfully complete the game and save when promted after the credits. Then, load the cleared game file to start a new game with all previous stats and weapons, except the fifth of each type. The Peace Bell, Lucky Cat, Wood Mat, and Ink Pot are the only Holy Artifacts that will transfer over. Brush techniques do not transfer over.
- Secret Snowflake brush technique
- After obtaining the Blizzard brush technique, you will also unlock a secret brush technique. This technique simply requires drawling an asterisk (just an "X" with either a horizontal line intersecting the middle or a vertical -- not both). A snowflake of ice (size depending on the asterisk drawn) will appear with icicles falling around it. Using this on townsfolk will temporarily turn them into snowmen.
- Primary Lotus
- Note: You must have two weapons to do this trick. When you get the Devout Beads weapon, equip it as your main weapon. Equip your Divine Retribution or any other weapon as your secondary. Once equipped and in a fight, just before your opponent attacks press Triangle. Your secondary weapon will come in front of you as a parry attack. If done correctly, you and your enemy should stop, then fly in the air. Your character will then start spinning with your enemy, and once you hit the ground most enemies will die for an easy kill.
- Control loading screens
- At the loading screen that features a trail of paw prints and a picture of Issun, press X to make the paw prints larger. On other loading screens, repeatedly pressing X will display paw prints. You can also add Demon Fangs to your inventory by pressing X on the longer loading screens. Press X over screens that feature a trail of paw prints until Issun appears. Big paw prints and a Demon Fang will appear. Quickly press X as fast as possible until a Demon Fang appears to add it to your inventory.