Cheats & Hints
The Sims 2 Cheats & Codes
Enter this code at the title screen for the Team Photo.
|Right, Down, Right, Down, Right||Team Photo|
|Triangle Circle Square R2 Left||Set Skill Level|
|Circle Square L1 Up Down||Advance clock 6 hrs.|
|Circle L2 Left Circle Up Circle||Unlock All Lots|
|R1 L1 R2 Right Left||Give Money (9,999)|
|L1 R1 Up X R2||Unlock Gnome (enter first)|
|Up,Circle,Up,Right,L2||Fill All Motives|
|R2 Square Up Down Right X||Unlock All Recipes|
|Square R2 Down Right Square||Unlock All Clothing|
|L2 Circle Down Left Up||Unlock all objects|
|R1 L1 R1 L1 Triangle||Horn Audio|
The Sims 2 Hints, Tips
- Cheat Trophy
- While playing the game, press L1, R1, Up, X, R2. The Cheat Trophy (actually a Plumb Bob Trophy which resembles a metal post) will now appear on the lots and the following codes may now be enabled:
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press R1, L1, R2, Right, Left while playing the game. Select the Cheat Trophy, then Interaction/Location: Give Simoleons.
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press Circle, L2, Left, Circle, Up, Circle while playing the game. Select the Cheat Trophy, then Interaction/Location: Unlock/Unlock All Locations.
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press L2, Circle, Down, Left, Up while playing the game.
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press R2, Square, Up, Down, Right, X while playing the game.
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press Square, R2, Down, Right, Square while playing the game.
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press Up, Circle, Up, Right, L2 while playing the game. Select the Cheat Trophy to access the option to fill all motives.
Set Skill level
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press Triangle, Circle, Square, R2, Left while playing the game. Select the Cheat Trophy, then Interaction/Location: Change Skill - [name]/Change to [number].
Advance time by 6 hours
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press Circle, Square, L1, Up, Down while playing the game. Select the Cheat Trophy, then Interaction/Location: Advance 6 Hours. Note: Using this code when someone is at work or away may cause problems with them coming back.
Enable the "Cheat Trophy" code, then press R1, L1, R1, L1, Triangle while playing the game.
- Development team picture
- At the title screen, press Right, Down, Right, Down, Right. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a Sim voice. Alternately, press Left, Right, Down, Right, Left, Right, Down at the title screen. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a Sim voice.
- At the title screen, press Right, Up, Right, Down, Right, Up, Down, Right. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a Sim voice.
- Mode switch
- Press Select to toggle between Direct Control mode and Cursor Select mode. This very useful in Freeplay mode.
- Extra clothes
- Get your Sim's relationships to 100 with everyone. Each time you raise another relationship to 100, you will unlock a new article of clothing.
- Extra locations
- Alien Crash Site: Fulfill all of XY-XY's aspirations and make him friends with Jonas. This will unlock The Bio-Dome.
Cliffside Retreat: Fulfill all of Isabella's Wants and make her happy. Note: It may be difficult and take some time to get her to make a sandwich.
HMS Amore: Fulfill all of Betty's Wants until she is Platinum. She will then tell you where the next location is. One of her wants will be to marry Captain Nelson.
Jugen House: Fulfill all of Toothless Joe's aspirations until your Sim gets "Visit New Location" as one of their aspirations. Then, go back to Tranquillity Falls and your aspiration will change to "Help Chantal". To do this, just keep fulfilling her wants until she is Platinum (a job in Art). This will unlock the Alien Crash Site.
Orbit Room: Become friends with Red S, then serve him some food. Then, move back to Sunset Canyon and make Red S and Helga fall in love and get married. Red S will now live there, and you can control him. Do whatever is needed to get Red S in a Platinum mood. He will tell you how to get to Tranquillity Falls.
Rockwall Acres: Follow the instructions given to unlock this area.
Shoreline Trails: Buy a Foosball Table. When a Want that is described as "Beat Torin at Foosball" appears, wait for Torin to play, then click the "Challenge" option and defeat him.
Sunset Canyon: Bring Helga, Billy, and Sheila back to life, build a kitchen, clean up the mess, build a bathroom, and give them beds to sleep in. They will then tell you the next location.
Tranquillity Falls: Fulfill all of Larry and Chantal's wants to put them in a Platinum mood. After both are in a Platinum mood they will tell you where Jugen House's is located, and it will be unlocked.
- Food locations
- Dangleberries can be harvested in the Sproutch Couch.
Other fruits are harvested on a Frood Tree.
Golden eggs can be received from Chicken Checkers game.
Fish can be harvested from the Manilla 1000 Aquarium
Some vegetables can be harvested from the GenoLife Garden Hutch.
- Hidden food
- There is more than just the food you can make. For example, there is food that give your skills a boost, food that helps you in love (romance Sims only for their goals), and food not in the list. For example, you can make a pizza.
- Free harvested food
- Use the following trick if you are in need of food and have very little money. Buy an item that can have food harvested from it. Harvest the food from it, sell it back, then buy another. This will keep you from having to spend money on food. Unless there is more than one sim in your house, you do not have to worry about the other Sim wasting money buying non-harvested foods.
- Hunger satisfaction
- The more expensive refrigerators carry more foods. They also add a bonus amount of hunger satisfaction. The more cooking skill you have, the higher the hunger satisfaction. Additionally, hunger is the one need that if left unmet can kill your Sim. To quickly fulfill your Sim's hunger even with low cooking skills, make a meal using Beef, Pork, Lamb, and Potatoes.
If you are low on money and do not have enough to eat, sell your refrigerator, stove, etc. and buy a Fruit Punch Barrel. It will satisfy your hunger about 98%. You can just go to "Drink From Tap" and it will do the rest.
- Aphrodisiac effect meal
- Ostrich and Passion Fruit; or Carrot, Lime, Pork, and Passion Fruit. Most things made with Ostrich or Passion Fruit will have the aphrodisiac effect, although some have a very negative effect (black hearts) that will lower your Sim's mood.
- Energy boost effect meal
- Dangleberry, Yogurt, Strawberries, and Cherries; or Ostrich, Eel, Strawberries, and Mangosteen (expensive but works the best). Sandwiches that boost energy (also is a love dish) are Ostrich, Pork, Strawberry, Wheat Bread.
You must have a Fish Tank. Harvest your fish and go to the refrigerator. This will not cost any money. Get the Shark, Halibut, Eel, and Squid. Go to your stove and make Capriccio. If you do not see that option, eat it raw. You will vomit, but some of your stats will increase. Note: You must take a shower after this because of the vomit. Do not do this just before your carpool arrives because you might not have time to take a shower.
If you cannot afford beds for everyone in the house, buy the !!!!Espresso.it.supremo!!!!, which costs 450 Simoleons. Make and drink Espresso until a Sim's Energy meter is full. A Sim will not even need to sleep throughout the game if this is done.
- Skills boost effect meal
- To boost all your Sim's stats by 3 temporarily, create a meal using Egg, Milk, Whole White Flour, and Corn Oil. Put it in a food processor, then in an oven. The meal will have sparkles coming out of it. When you eat it, all your stats will be boosted by 3 temporarily. Alternately, create a meal using Chicken, Onion, Egg, and Milk or Carrot, Egg, Milk, and Whole White Flour.
- Sick meal
- Any meal made with Llama, no matter what the effect, any Sim that eats it will vomit.
- Raising motives
- To raise your Social, Energy, Fun and Comfort at the same time, power nap on a couch with a television or radio on nearby and another Sim sitting beside the Sim you are controlling. Additionally, the Chess Table can also be a Paper Football Table. Have one Sim try to score on the other Sim by shooting the Paper Football through the other Sim's fingers (like a field goal). This raises Fun.
- Easy money
- Go to Build mode, then go to wallpaper and press Square to sell. Select a wall that has no wallpaper. Keep selling the wallpaper that does not exist for easy money.
If you need some money and own a "Defective Arcade Genie Lamp" you can keep making wishes and you will get money eventually. However, the genie can also cause fire and make all the characters in the area of the lamp to pee themselves if you make him mad. When the genie is mad he will come out of his lamp with red colored smoke beneath him. However, if he is giving you something good the smoke will be purple or pinkish. It is best to perform this when you first get a house so that you can get your money and not risk losing any items you have purchased. Note: If you talk with the genie, he will also give you small advice and hints occasionally.
Find a job in Science. You only need about three friends, level 8 Cleaning, level 4 Logic, and level 6 Cooking to make it all the way to level 8 in your career. When you get to level 8, you will make over 1,000 Simoleons per day working easy five hour days. You will work from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. If you wish to get promoted, then you must get at least five friends and some skill points must get higher.
- Saving money
- Objectives that require buying furniture can be easily purchased on low ends. Just buy it to complete the goal, then delete and get your full money back.
- Finding buried treasure
- A Sim can only use the Metal Detector in Direct Control mode. It is possible to find money, Dangleberries, monkey idols, and bottle caps.
- Avoid being fired
- If you miss your ride to work on your second day of missing work, before it says you have been fired, quickly find another job by looking in the newspaper or the Internet. Once you have avoided the call to get fired, you can change back to your previous job without being demoted and getting deducted skill points.
- Forced friends
- If you need friends, get a Hot Rock Hot Tub, or move to Tranquillity Falls where they already have one. Invite over who you want to be your friends and get them in the hot tub. Then, put objects around it so they cannot get out. Leave them in there long enough and they will become your friends. Note: Get out before your hunger goes all the way down or else they will die.
- Getting married
- Get your Friendship level up to 80 or 90. If the background is very red and blurry, select "Be on" the socialize menu and go to a bed. Select "Relax", then choose the bed again. Select "Woo whoo" once, then press Circle to get out of the bed. Select "Socialize" and if you are in love, select "Propose" and hope that the other Sim says yes.
- Business career
- To master the Business career you must have Body at level 9, Logic skill at level 9, and Charisma skill at level 7.
- Business career bonuses
- When you get to level 6 in a job you can ride in a limo. When you get around level 9 you will get to fly in a helicopter.
- Live by yourself
- Get a job for everybody that lives with you. Then, enable the "Advance time by 6 hours" code and send them to work. Before they come back, enable the "Advance time by 6 hours" code again. Do this every day before the people come back. Note: You cannot do this when you are a ghost.