Tokobot Plus: Mysteries of the Karakuri HQ
Tokobot Plus: Mysteries of the Karakuri HQ (PS2)
One of the new characters appearing in Tokobot Plus: Mysteries of the Karakuri is a mysterious boy named Taji, who...
One of the new characters appearing in Tokobot Plus: Mysteries of the Karakuri is a mysterious boy named Taji, who stands up against the hero, Bolt. He sees Bolt as an enemy and harbors a secret about the mystery of the Tokobots. Taji’s robot is formidable, so Bolt faces a tough fight against it and he’s something of an enigma at first, with his identity and purpose being unveiled as the story develops. Moreover; there are some new comrades of Bolt, such as Dr. Viola, who upgrades overdrives, and exchanges treasures found during your adventure for prizes, and Fuel who gives Bolt advice, among others.
An ancient and powerful robot operated by new character Taji stands against Bolt as a formidable new enemy. This robot has a shape-changing ability. First of all, it appears as “Scorpio”, (a robot shaped like a scorpion) and attacks Bolt. Then it changes to a super-strong human-shaped robot called “Hunter”. There’s a final shape-shift too, but I won’t spoil that for you…
There are some other cool new enemies that protect ruins in the game too. In particular, there are samurai-shaped, tank-shaped and hummer-shaped robots. They are very strong; however, each time you beat one, you will get a “Super Chip”, and each of these contains the ability of the robot that has dropped it. For example, when you get the Super Chip of a samurai robot after beating it, your Tokobots will be able to use the samurai OverDrive “SAMURAI HOVER”.
• 10 New Stages: 10 new, action-packed stages specially designed and created for the Playstation®2
• New Combination Attacks: Launch the Tokobots into “Over Drive”, the new attack method that allows players to execute a powerful Karakuri attack combination simultaneously with the push of a button.
• Upgrade System: Points you earn in the game can be used to upgrade the power of combination attacks and increase Bolts lifebar. Upgraded combination attacks provide extra damage to the enemies and provide special animations.
• Absorb Enemy Abilities: Successfully conquering enemies will allow the Tokobots to absorb the enemy’s attack methods allowing for new combination attacks to be learned.
• Time Attack Mode: Challenge your Tokobot skills in Time Attack Mode. Find hidden treasure and acquire more points as you battle it out against the clock.
In Tokobot Plus: Mysteries of the Karakuri, even if you have completed a stage, it doesn’t mean the adventure is over. There is also a “Time Attack Mode” included, and you can continue to enjoy playing this way. To play time attack, you need to buy a “Challenge Ticket” at the “Analysis room” after you complete each stage.As you’d expect, during this mode, time will be displayed on the screen, and you must try to complete the stage in the fastest possible time. This emphasis on speed provides a different gameplay experience from the normal mode because it requires quick reflexes. Also, the player has to collect coins. Once completed, the player will be ranked and the higher this rank, the better the prize. Play, and see how well you can rank!
Available on: PS2 PS2 Rank: 203 / 2,053 | Overall Rank: 3640 / 14,192