Cheats & Hints
Fallout 3 Hints, Tips
- When you first arrive at the front gate there will be a child that will take you to Dave, after you finish talking to Dave, kill him and take his key and use it to open the safe right next to him. In the safe there will be a rifle that is called the 0l'painless. the rifle does 21 damage but it's way better than the sniper and a lot easier to repair and find ammo for it.
- Vault 101 Citizenship Award (10) - Got the Pip-Boy 3000.
The G.O.A.T (10) - Took the G.O.A.T.
Escape! (20) - Completed "Escape!".
Following in His Footsteps (20) - Completed "Following in His Footsteps".
Galaxy News Radio (20) - Completed "Galaxy News Radio".
Scientific Pursuits (20) - Completed "Scientific Pursuits".
Tranquility Lane (20) - Completed "Tranquility Lane".
The Waters of Life (20) - Completed "The Waters of Life".
Picking up the Trail (20) - Completed "Picking up the Trail".
Rescue from Paradise (20) - Completed "Rescue from Paradise".
Finding the Garden of Eden (20) - Completed "Finding the Garden of Eden".
The American Dream (20) - Completed "The American Dream".
Take it Back! (40) - Completed "Take it Back!".
Big Trouble in Big Town (20) - Completed "Big Trouble in Big Town".
The Superhuman Gambit (20) - Completed "The Superhuman Gambit".
The Wasteland Survival Guide (20) - Completed "The Wasteland Survival Guide".
Those! (20) - Completed "Those!".
The Nuka-Cola Challenge (20) - Completed "The Nuka-Cola Challenge".
Head of State (20) - Completed "Head of State".
The Replicated Man (20) - Completed "The Replicated Man."
Blood Ties (20) - Completed "Blood Ties".
Oasis (20) - Completed "Oasis".
The Power of the Atom (20) - Completed "The Power of the Atom".
Tenpenny Tower (20) - Completed "Tenpenny Tower".
Strictly Business (20) - Completed "Strictly Business".
You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head (20) - Completed "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head".
Stealing Independence (20) - Completed "Stealing Independence".
Trouble on the Homefront (20) - Completed "Trouble on the Homefront".
Agatha's Song (20) - Completed "Agatha's Song".
Reilly's Rangers (20) - Completed "Reilly's Rangers".
Reaver (10) - Reached Level 8 with Bad Karma.
Mercenary (10) - Reached Level 8 with Neutral Karma.
Protector (10) - Reached Level 8 with Good Karma.
Harbinger of War (20) - Reached Level 14 with Bad Karma.
Pinnacle of Survival (20) - Reached Level 14 with Neutral Karma.
Ambassador of Peace (20) - Reached Level 14 with Good Karma.
Scourge of Humanity (30) - Reached Level 20 with Bad Karma.
Paradigm of Humanity (30) - Reached Level 20 with Neutral Karma.
Last, Best Hope of Humanity (30) - Reached Level 20 with Good Karma.
Weaponsmith (30) - Made one of every custom weapon.
Doesn't Play Well with Others (20) - Kill 300 people.
Slayer of Beasts (20) - Kill 300 creatures.
Silver-Tongued Devil (20) - Won 50 speech challenges.
Data Miner (20) - Hacked 50 terminals.
Keys are for Cowards (20) - Picked 50 locks.
One-Man Scouting Party (20) - Discover 100 locations.
Psychotic Prankster (10) - Placed a grenade or mine while pickpocketing.
The Bigger They Are... (20) - Kill all the Super Mutant Behemoths.
Yes, I Play With Dolls (10) - Collected 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads.
Vault-Tec C.E.O (30) - Collected 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads.
- Abe's Rifle
- In the lower halls of the Museum there's a room with a turret shooting at feral ghouls. If you head up to the room with the ghouls in it, look near one one of the walls. There's a display case with Abe's Rifle in it (it's really strong. It uses .44 shots)
- Victory Rifle
- First go to RockBreakers Last Gas and take care of all the Enclave. Next look up towards the cliff and you will see a shack on top. Climb up the hill and enter the shack. Right to the right of the door there are two radroaches in a cage with pet names so thats pretty cool. In the locker in the back there is a sniper rifle called the Victory Rifle. It deals a great deal of damage and is the best rifle in the game so I highly recommend it. You need a lockpick of 100 to get in it.
- The Terrible Shotgun
- In Evergreen Mills (near Casey Smith's Gas Station) there is a guy called Smiling Jack, kill him and you will have The Terrible Shotgun.
When fully repaired it does about 80 damage. The only bad thing about it is that it degrades fast.
- How To Skip Missions In The Game
- If you want to skip most of the story missions, or you have already done them. When you start a new person. Walk to Smith Casey's garage (it's pretty much directly east of Vault 101.
If you have a good melee weapon or some ammo for the 10mm you should be able to make it easily. After arriving, you will start the quest "Tranquility Lane," when you finish, you'll gain tons of experience and be able to finish the story in less than 2 hours.
- Alien Crash Landing Site
- The Crash Site is what appears to be the remains of an alien craft that has crashed through a house and come to rest in a cliffside. It is noteworthy both for its uniqueness and for the similarly unique loot found in the vicinity. It is also the source of one of the Capital Wasteland's radio signals.
Located southwest from Vault 92, the crash site is along a cliffside road, in a string of dilapidated houses. When within 5,000 meters of the crash site, a radio signal is located by the Pip Boy. This signal, the Recon Craft Theta Beacon, is an unintelligible language interrupted by bursts of static. The signal is on a loop, like an automated distress beacon. It has a liited range so you can use it to find the ship by moving around and checking how strong the signal is by how well you can hear it.
At the front of the vessel, the cockpit dome has shattered. The pilot's body lays outside against a pile of rocks. In the cadaver's hand is a unique weapon, the Alien Blaster. This one-handed pistol is one of Fallout 3's superweapons. Although clearly an energy-based weapon, the Alien Blaster is used with the Small Guns skill, enabling most players to use it effectively. The only problem is that there are only sources of ammunition is it's scattered around the crash site.
In a very rare random encounter where you actually see another ship as it crashes you can get an enhanced version of the blaster called the Firelance as well that lights enemies on fire. Go to Meresti train station and continually reload your game until this happens. It and the ammo will fall from the sky and can be hard to find so a good idea is to have dogmeat with you to find it. With the pyromaniac perk the Firelance can deal 120 per hit.
- Revalations 21:6
- While doing the quest "Trouble on the Homefront" in your dad's office, right behind where Butch is standing, the Medicine Bobblehead is on the desk and on the wall right beside it is the framed quote from Revalations 21:6 and if you scroll over it you can attempt to lockpick it but it requires a lock pick skill of 50 and inside is 300 caps, an audio tape from your dad that talks about your coming to the Vault, and the Schematics for the Rock-It-Launcher.