WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 Hints, Tips
- Cheat mode
- At the main menu, select "Options", "Cheat Codes", then enter one of the following case-sensitive codes to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: Some European and Australian versions of the game do not have the "Cheat Codes" option.
Kelly Kelly's second costume
Enter "KellyKG12R" as a case-sensitive code to unlock Kelly Kelly's second costume.
Triple H and HBK's DX attire
Enter "DXCostume69K2" as a case-sensitive code to unlock Triple H and HBK's DX attire.
- Shop bonuses
- Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding superstar or item for purchase at the WWE Shop for the listed amount:
Bret Hart: Defeat Bret Hart in Hall Of Fame Direct Challenge mode ($210,000).
Hardcore Championship: Become a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
HBK DX Entrance: Buy the DX attire ($30,000).
Mick Foley: Defeat Mick Foley in Hall Of Fame Direct Challenge mode ($210,000).
Million Dollar Championship: Become a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
Preset Move Set: Buy all move sets ($15,000).
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin: Enter the Hall Of Fame, and select Stone Cold. Defeat him in a Submission match with Bret Hart ($210,000).
Terry Funk: Defeat Sabu, Sandman, and Tommy Dreamer in an ECW Extreme Rules 4-Way match with any superstar on the Legend difficulty setting ($210,000).
The Rock: Defeat The Rock with Stone Cold on the Legend difficulty setting ($210,000).
Triple H DX Entrance: Buy the DX attire ($30,000).
Vince McMahon: Defend a championship in 24/7 mode ($110,000).
Vince McMahon (Bald): Buy the original Vince McMahon ($60,000).
WCW Classic Championship: Become be a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
WWF Attitude Era Championship: Become be a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
- Get the indicated number of Hall Of Fame mode points to unlock the corresponding arena:
December to Dismember: 8
ECW One Night Stand: 7
New Year's Revolution: 9
No Way Out: 5
Wrestlemania 23: 12
- Unlock Vince McMahon easily
- Choose to play as a GM in 24/7 mode. Choose a pre-set roster, and set your champions. Go forward a couple of weeks into the calendar, and simulate matches up until that date. Renew the contracts of a few of your superstars for as long as is possible (make sure you include your champions). Go to the calendar, select a date just before the contracts expire, and choose to simulate up until this point. You will have made enough to renew the contracts again. Repeat the same procedure until you get to WrestleMania. You should get there with a couple of decent superstars to compete in a championship match. Put the championship on the line, and fight the match to unlock Vince McMahon.
- Easy money
- Start a game in 24/7 mode with a superstar that is 90 or better overall in attributes. Go to the calendar, scroll down to WrestleMania, and select it. Choose to simulate all matches up to this date. You should get a lot of money. Save the game, and repeat this as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount of money.
- Easy $1,000,000 contract
- When you start 24/7 mode, go on trophy dates as much as possible. This is the quickest and easiest way to earn popularity. Your salary is based on how popular you are. Get your popularity at 100 (or close to it) when your contract expires. The next week you will get your salary notification. Teddy Long or Coach will tell you that you now have a $1 million salary ($20,000 per week).
- Easy popularity
- The easiest way to get popularity is to go on trophy dates. You will increase 5% on each date (about 30% per week).
- Easy wins in 24/7 mode
- This trick requires two controllers. Use either a created wrestler or an original superstar. Select a match in 24/7 mode, and choose your opponent. Do not select your wrestler. When the match starts, grab a weapon if it is just normal rules, and hit your wrestler for the DQ, or you can simply get counted out. This results in an easy victory for the character you selected. In a Fatal-4-Way match, put both player one and two on any two goons. Focus on the single CPU wrestler to help your character get an easy win. This will work on any difficulty setting. Basically, switch the CPU opponent to your control and cause him to lose.
- Easy ratings in GM mode
- Create a superstar. Duplicate him thirty times. Start GM mode. Turn off every superstar, and only leave on the created superstar. The other two brands will be left with the CAW at 20 popularity. Turn on the superstars again in the available draft the next week. When they become available, sign them, and you will win the ratings easily.
Send your superstars on trophy dates until their popularity reaches 100. Once it does, it usually stays there and will only come down a point or two. When all your superstars are at 100, you can just maintain the ones at 99, 98, etc. This will give you easy four star match ratings. Have as many rivalries as you can, and you will get five star match ratings a few weeks in.
- Maximum fans in GM mode
- Use the "Easy ratings" trick along with replacing the roster with CAWS. Within three months, you should have 10 million fans with the other two shows at 0 fans.