Cheats & Hints
Sid Meier's Pirates! Cheats & Codes
Player Name Cheats
Use one of these names, for your character's name, to enable the cheat.
|Invincible during duels||Enter Dragon Ma as a case-sensitive player name.|
|Invincible during ship battles||Enter Bloody Bones Baz as a case-sensitive player name.|
|Begin with the ship of the line and full crew||Enter D.Gackey as a case-sensitive player name.|
|Crew is always at highest morale||Enter B.Caudizzle as a case-sensitive player name.|
|Food never decreases||Enter Sweet Tooth as a case-sensitive player name.|
|Jeff Briggs as Abbott||Enter Firaxis as a case-sensitive player name.|
|Snappy dresser||enter Bonus Frag as a case-sensitive player name to wear a puffy shirt, dancing slippers, and feathered hat.|
Sid Meier's Pirates! Hints, Tips
- Hint: Alternative dancing mini-game ending
- When the Governor's daughter gives you the hand signal, select the button for the hand movement immediately after she gives you the signal. You will do a special dancing move which will get her heart up very fast, if you do it many times in a row. If her heart is big enough when the mini game is over, instead of kissing her hand, you will spin her around and she will then kiss you. Afterwards she will likely give you a present or extremely valuable information.
- Hint: Easy money
- Attain the rank of Count with any or all nations. Then, start ship battles with any desired ship. Damage it a lot, but not to the point where it explodes. Keep the ship and go to a port where you are at the rank of Count or higher. Talk to the shipwright. You will get free repairs. You can repair a damaged ship for free and sell it for a lot more.
- Hint: Easy Specialists
- Attacking and boarding a smuggler's vessel usually yields a specialist (for example, Carpenter, Sailmaker, etc.).
- Hint Easy sea battles
- When battling other ships, get in front of them. Have them chase you, and when your guns are fully loaded, turn, fire, and straighten again. Repeat this until you wish to board or their sail falls and they surrender. It is best done when you use grape shot or chain shot.
- Hint: Easy land battles
- Land battles are difficult to win, even if you have more soldiers than the enemy. The key strategy to remember is to hide in the trees. The soldiers attacking your troops in the trees will have less than a 20% chance of inflicting critical damage, and all damage is divided in half. Also watch your morale. If your troop's morale gets low enough, they may run away from battle. Always enter battle with about one quarter moor troops than the city guards. You can also weaken enemy ports and cities by alerting Pirate Havens and Indian Villages. The Indians or pirates will assault the town, making the town lose guards, whether or not they win the battle. This also makes the city lose wealth, however . If the city was once "Prosperous" it may go down to "Poor" or "Modest". If this happens too much, alert the missionaries in the Missionary Camps. Tell them to travel to the city you want to become wealthier, then attack the city. You must attack cities at the correct moment. Waiting too long after sending in missionaries may result in more guards accumulating than before. You should wait only two to five days.