Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Hints, Tips
- Completion bonuses
- Successfully complete the game on any difficulty setting to unlock the cheat menu and Arcade mode. The cheat menu can be found at the options menu while playing the game.
- Cheat options
- Collect the indicated number of Intel Pieces (enemy laptop computers) hidden throughout the game to unlock the corresponding cheat option:
COD Noir: 2 Intel Pieces. Turns graphics black and white.
Photo-Negative: 4 Intel Pieces. Inverts the colors.
Super Contrast: 6 Intel Pieces. Increases the contrast.
Ragtime Warfare: 8 Intel Pieces. Silent Movie mode; graphics are black and white, dust and scratches fill the screen, game plays at two times the speed, and the music becomes piano music.
Cluster Bombs: 10 Intel Pieces. Frag grenades are more powerful.
A Bad Year: 15 Intel Pieces. Enemies explode into tires when shot.
Slow-Mo Ability: 20 Intel Pieces. Slow motion game play.
Infinite Ammo: 30 Intel Pieces.
- Intel Pieces
- The Intel Pieces can be found in the following levels. There are a total of thirty Intel Pieces.
Level 2: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 4: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 5: 3 Intel Pieces
Level 6: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 7: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 9: 3 Intel Pieces
Level 10: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 12: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 13: 3 Intel Pieces
Level 14: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 16: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 17: 1 Intel Piece
Level 18: 2 Intel Pieces
Level 19: 2 Intel Pieces
- Epilogue mission
- Successfully complete Story mode on any difficulty setting and watch the entire credits to unlock the bonus Epilogue mission.
- Mile High Club mission
- Successfully complete Story mode on any difficulty setting to unlock the Mile High Club mission.
- Prestige mode
- Reach level 55 to unlock Prestige mode. This is a multiplayer only mode that starts you back at level 1. You can repeat this ten more times.
- Golden weapons
- Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding golden weapon camouflage. Note: The golden version of the weapons does not boost any attributes and is just purely cosmetic.
Golden Ak-47: Successfully complete all Assault Rifle challenges.
Golden Desert Eagle: Reach level 55.
Golden Dragonuv: Successfully complete all Sniper challenges.
Golden M1014: Successfully complete all Shotgun challenges.
Golden M60: Successfully complete all LMG challenges.
Golden Mini-Uzi: Successfully complete all SMG challenges.
- Rank bonuses
- Reach the indicated rank in Multiplayer mode to unlock the corresponding bonus:
Level 1: All starting equipment
Level 2: Demolitions Class Weapon Class
Level 3: Sniper Class Weapon Class
Level 4: Create a Class
Level 5: Gun Challenges
Level 6: New playlists
Level 7: M40 Sniper Rifle
Level 8: Last Stand Perk Class 3
Level 9: Boot Camp Challenges 1
Level 10: M4 Carbine Assault Rifle
Level 11: UAV Jammer Perk Class 2
Level 12: Clan Tag
Level 13: Mini Uzi Submachine Gun Level 14:
Bomb Squad Perk Class 1 Level 15: Boot Camp Challenges 2
Level 16: M1911 Pistol
Level 17: Martyrdom Perk Class 2
Level 18: Boot Camp Challenges 3
Level 19: M60E4 Light Machine Gun
Level 20: Sleight of Hand Perk Class 2
Level 21: Operations Challenges
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Level 22: Dragunov Sniper Rifle
Level 23: Claymore Perk Class 1
Level 24: Operations Challenges 2
Level 25: G3 Assault Rifle
Level 26: Iron Lungs Perk Class 3
Level 27: Operations Challenges 3
Level 28: AK-74U Submachine Gun Level 29:
Double Tab Perk Class 2 Level 30: Killer
Level 31: M1014 Shotgun
Level 32: Bandolier Perk Class 1
Level 33: Killer Challenges 2
Level 34: R700 Sniper Rifle
Level 35: Eavesdrop Perk Class 3
Level 36: Killer Challenges 3
Level 37: G36C Assault Rifle
Level 38: Overkill Perk Class 2
Level 39: Killer Challenges 4
Level 40: P90 Submachine Gun
Level 41: Frag x 3 Perk Class 1
Level 42: Humiliation Challenges
Level 43: Desert Eagle Pistol
Level 44: Dead Silence Perk Class 3
Level 45: Humiliation Challenges 2
Level 46: M14 Assault Rifle
Level 47: Humiliation Challenges 3
Level 48: Humiliation Challenges 4
Level 49: Barret Sniper Rifle
Level 50: Humiliation Challenges 5
Level 51: Elite Challenges
Level 52: MP44 Assault Rifle
Level 53: Elite Challenges 2
Level 54: Elite Challenges 3
Level 55: Commander Prestige Mode and Golden Desert Eagle
- Quicker experience
- To level up faster than usual, try to use the same gun until all the marksman and elite challenges are completed. They provide huge boosts and will quickly level you up to get new guns. However, do not use those guns yet; just keep on the challenge until it has completed. The third phase of the challenge usually ends with 1,000 experience points, which usually increases you a rank in itself. Also, do not forget about the strange challenges like jumping 15 feet and surviving or falling 30 feet to your death. To complete the fall 30 feet to your death challenge if not previously unlocked, play the "Countdown" map, and jump into one of the open missile silos. You will get instant experience points for simply dying. Also, remember to go prone and crouch to get those challenges as well.
- Better accuracy
- Once you get the Red Dot Scope add-on to your weapons, use it over the ACOG scope. The red dot will not enhance or take away anything and provides a better aim point on most weapons. The ACOG scope will actually add more range to your weapon, but take away accuracy which accomplishes almost nothing, especially for snipers because it takes away range and adds nothing.
- Better sniping
- If a target is moving, make sure to lead it. If you are not making shots, try to lead your target more. Also, if you are a skilled sniper, try using the M40A3 over the M21. It has a slower reload time and rate of fire, but it has enough damage to kill a target in one shot instead of two or three. It also allows you to be less noticeable with less rounds being fired so someone else cannot follow the tracer shot back to you. A good setup for the sniper is the Claymore Perk to alert you when an enemy is trying to close in on your rear, and either the Sleight Of Hand or Stopping Power, then Iron Lungs to give you more time to line up your shots.