Crackdown HQ (Xbox360)
* Brilliant experience from a legendary game designer. From Dave Jones, the creative mastermind behind “Grand Theft Auto” and “Lemmings,” comes “Crackdown,” an explosive masterpiece set to define open-world, free-form next-generation gaming.
* True next-generation visuals. Harnessing the power of Xbox 360, “Crackdown” players enforce justice against the backdrop of a crime-ridden metropolis that is massive in scale, monstrous in scope and meticulous in detail. The unique presentation style employs a highly stylized rendering technique that turns the game into a living graphical novel.
* Cooperative gameplay for double the mayhem. From the game’s initial concept to final design, Real Time Worlds focused on delivering dynamic, engaging cooperative gameplay for double the carnage, action and intensity.
* 3-D free-form gameplay. For the first time ever, an urban playground has been created to encourage players to explore and exploit the full width, depth and height of a city. Players wage war on the crime syndicates by taking part in high-octane chases on foot and on wheels while using any appropriate route along, around, across, over, under or through the environment. Freedom abounds because it is up to the player to determine how best to complete the nonlinear objectives in a myriad of wild and creative ways.
* Over-the-top action. All strategies and tactics are acceptable, provided players reclaim the streets by unleashing the awesome abilities inside each agent. As players develop and hone their gameplay skills, their agent’s genetic tendencies will increase, allowing players to realize their agent’s full potential. Players will be able to run at dazzling speeds, take death-defying leaps, handle the most incredible weapons, perform impossible vehicular maneuvers, move massive objects and deliver bone-crushing blows.
* Music as environment. More than 100 licensed tracks, spanning a wide range of styles and genres, give audio identities to characters and locations in “Crackdown.” The music coupled with a next-generation use of 5.1 surround sound will let gamers know just from the music and sound effects they hear which crime syndicate is headed their way.
* The environment as a weapon. Is a character low on ammo? No problem. Thanks to an amazing amount of props and a deep physics system, players can use whatever they can get their hands on as weapons — trash cans, vehicles, even people — to clean the streets of crime. In “Crackdown,” the effects of the players’ actions stay in place much longer than in other open-environment titles, giving gamers a far greater range of options when setting the scene for mass destruction. If players gather vehicles to create a barricade, they will be there when the they return with more. Gamers can create an arrangement of explosives and come back later to set the explosion. “Crackdown” remembers, and reacts, to the players’ actions within the game world.
Available on: Xbox360 XBOX360 Rank: 682 / 1,692 | Overall Rank: 3561 / 13,425
|Dave Jones still in Scotland, "not in any way joining... (1)|
|Realtime Worlds founder Dave Jones was rumoured to have landed a post at Epic Games, but the former boss of the now bankrupt studio refutes it.
Jones claims to have "no idea" where the rumour started and states clearly he's "still in Dundee", Scotland. Epic is said to be interested in APB.
|Posted: 06.10.2010 by Technet2k|
|Ex-devs wife lays into Realtime World's boss, "p*ssed... (2)|
|Lucy Halliwell has neither "the class nor the restraint" of her husband she admits, as she pours scorn on RTW's Dave Jones and Ian Hetherington.
The two are "getting away" with not paying over 200 staff, and have "fiddled their way" into buying back MyWorld "for cheap." Rich enough to pay staff.
|Posted: 25.08.2010 by Technet2k|
|Realtime Worlds has slid into "administration", staff... (1)|
|Crackdown and APB developer Realtime Worlds, based in Scotland, has 'officially entered administration' reveals an employee at the studio.
Redundancies had already been rumoured with 60 staff allegedly cut, but now it seems the entire outfit is to collapse; APB to get skeleton crew.
|Posted: 18.08.2010 by Technet2k|
|View all Crackdown news...(5)|