Cheats & Hints
Dead Rising Hints, Tips
- As soon as you begin the demo take the first staircase to your right and walk up.
At the second store/shop on your left (it is a resturant/food court) enter the shop and jump behind the counter and walk to the juice section (you'll see it, mmmmm O.J.) after you replentish your health,walk to the right of the juice section and jump off-trust me.
You will land on an orange canopy and yeehaw you'll find the Katana that will slice and dice the hoards of zombies in your path. All though the katana does not last long, it is freakin sweet watching the zombies be cut into bloody pieces!
- Locate Sub-machine Gun:
- Jump from the stairs closest to you when you start to the blue ledge above Kid's Choice Clothing. Keep following the walkway past the stuffed bear all the way to the end to find it.
- Locate Uzi:
- In the Food Court, go to the sign with the Italian chef. Climb to its left side. At the top is an Uzi.
- Locate Shotgun:
- Get to the Entrance Plaza for the first time when man tells you to look for barricades. Notice that one of the men talking near the entrance has a shotgun. When the zombies attack, run up to his body. Pick up the shotgun.
- Locate Small Chainsaws:
- After killing Adam the clown by the roller coaster in Wonderland Plaza, he will drop a chainsaw. Pick it up before you activate the control to stop the ride. After the intermission sequence, another chainsaw will spawn at the location. Pick it up. Get the Criminal book from the back of the bookstore where you find the Japanese tourists, and the Engineering and Entertainment books from the Book Store accros from the toy store and CD store in Paradise Plaza. These will give you three duration enhancers for the small chainsaws that you received from the clown. That will make these powerful weapons last for a very long time.
- Unlock Infinity Mode:
- Successfully complete the game with the "True" ending.
- Unlock Overtime Mode:
- Complete the first 72 hours of Frank's stay in the mall. Then, return to the helipad by noon on the 22nd.
- Bester Fester Beginning:
- Replay the first few portions of the game first -- save the couple and photograph them hugging for moola points. Kill a few zombies and then die around the parking lot area. When you "save and exit to title", you keep your character's development (and PP values) for the next attempt at the game. You can power up significantly to muscle through the later areas of the game!
- Samurai Onechambara Zombie Action:
- Screw the firearms. This is not Resident Evil! Stick with the samurai sword if you want to whack bosses. Deliver a few hits and your bullets can be saved for times when you need to attack at range to get to vital food and health items.
- First to make a shake you put two food items into A blender found at the food court or other food shops. The shakes give frank special powers for a short amount of time.