Cheats & Hints
Left 4 Dead Cheats & Codes
|Increase populus of zombies||Entry Location: ~ or ` ((DIRECTOR COSOLE)) First enable the console by going into Options-Keyboard/mouse- Then check the console box. Okay now go into the console with ~ You will need to enter SV_cheats 1 // Enables console use Now set it so we can allow a large quantity of zombies z_common_limit ## // Choose your size## I recommend you start out 120 for safety Now set horde sizes z_mega_mob_size ## //Choose size This set amount of PANIC zombies in crowd Now to have some fun :D NOTE`: if you want to do infinite panic You need to stay in console First force a panic Director_force_panic_infinite 1 // Now make it NEVER STOP director_panic_forever 1 Now the number of zombies would be increased.|
Left 4 Dead Hints, Tips
- 101 Cremations (20) - Set 101 Infected on fire.
Akimbo Assassin (30) - Survive an entire campaign using only pistols.
All 4 Dead (30) - Kill all four Survivors in one life while playing as a Tank.
Back 2 Help (20) - Leave a safe room to save an incapped teammate and bring them back safely.
Barf Bagged (20) - Cover four Survivors with Boomer bile at once.
Big Drag (20) - Drag a Survivor 100 feet with your tongue.
Blind Luck (20) - You or another Survivor take no damage after being vomited on by a Boomer.
Brain Salad (15) - Make 100 headshot kills.
Burn the Witch (10) - Light a Witch with a Molotov.
Chain Smoker (20) - Constrict two Survivors in one life as a Smoker.
Clean Kill (10) - Shove a Boomer and then kill him without him splashing on anyone.
Cr0wnd (30) - Kill a Witch with a single headshot.
Dead Baron (15) - Survive the Dead Air campaign.
Dead Giveaway (10) - Heal a fellow Survivor when your own health is below 10.
Dead Stop (10) - Punch a Hunter as he is pouncing.
Dead Wreckening (20) - Dole out 5000 total Survivor damage as a Special Infected.
Do Not Disturb (20) - Sneak past all Witches in a campaign without disturbing one.
Double Jump (20) - Pounce two different Survivors in one life as a Hunter.
Drag and Drop (20) - Rescue a Survivor from a Smoker's tongue before he takes damage.
Field Medic (20) - Heal 25 Survivors with a first aid kit.
Grim Reaper (15) - Survive the Blood Harvest campaign.
Ground Cover (30) - Save another Survivor from a Special Infected while on the ground.
Helping Hand (20) - Revive 50 incapacitated Survivors.
Hero Closet (10) - Rescue a Survivor trapped in a closet.
Hunter Punter (10) - Shove a Hunter off of a pinned and helpless Survivor.
Jump Shot (20) - Headshot a Hunter while he's leaping.
Lamb 2 Slaughter (20) - As an Infected, incap a Survivor who has entered and left a safe room.
Man vs Tank (30) - Single-handedly kill a Tank.
Mercy Killer (15) - Survive the No Mercy campaign.
My Bodyguard (15) - Protect any Survivor from an attacking Infected 50 times.
No Smoking Section (15) - Kill 10 Smokers as they are pulling helpless Survivors.
No-one Left Behind (20) - Beat a campaign with all 4 Survivors.
Nothing Special (30) - Survive a campaign with no Survivors taking damage from Special Infected.
Pharm-assist (20) - Give pain pills to 10 Survivors.
Pyrotechnician (20) - Blow up 20 Infected in a single explosion.
Red Mist (20) - Kill 1000 Infected with a mounted machine gun.
Safety First (30) - Play an entire campaign with no Survivors taking friendly fire damage.
Spinal Tap (10) - Kill an Infected with a single blow from behind.
Stand Tall (20) - Survive a campaign without being incapacitated.
Stomach Upset (20) - All Survivors complete a campaign without being vomited on.
Tankbusters (20) - Kill a Tank without it dealing any damage to a Survivor.
Toll Collector (15) - Survive the Death Toll campaign.
Tongue Twister (20) - Free yourself from a Smoker who has grabbed you with his tongue.
Towering Inferno (10) - Light a Tank with a Molotov.
Unbreakable (30) - Finish a campaign without ever being healed.
Untouchables (30) - No Survivors take damage after contacting the rescue vehicle.
What Are You Trying to Prove? (35) - Survive all campaigns on Expert.
Witch Hunter (20) - Kill a Witch without any Survivor taking damage from her.
Zombicidal Maniac (30) - Survive any campaign on Expert.
Zombie Genocidest (20) - Kill 53,595 Infected.
- Dead Air Shortcut
- When you get to the place where you have to use the crane to lower the dumpster to keep going through the level, don't hit the switch. You can jump onto the fence by getting on the air vent and keep going down the fence and you will see a power box thing on the side of the building. Jump on that and then jump up to the building. You skip the horde. After you get past that and walk across the wood bridge platform thing turn left and jump onto the edge of the building look at the tree that is below you and walk off the building and try to land in the tree don't jump this will down you. After you get into the tree you can jump to the street and walk into the safe house.
- General Tips
1. If there are only a few zombies in a room use pistols. Don't waste ammo.
2. If you're in front of your group, duck so that the people behind you can shoot over you.
3. Stop and shoot. Stopping when shooting is a lot more accurate than running and shooting. But chances of getting hit are higher.
4. Go back for your team mates. This is obvious, and you always need the most firepower that you can get. The only exception is if you're in the safe room.
5. When a tank drops to its knees, stop shooting. It is a complete waste of ammo because the tank is finished by then.
6. Hunting rifles suck. It's always faster to blow them away up front.
7. Never purposely startle the witch, unless she is blocking the only way to the next area.
8. Never purposely shoot an alarmed car.
9. If you hear a Boomer, be careful and always hit him away if he's close.
10. Never go into a tight hallway when a tank is coming and always run and shoot a tank. Don't stay still and shoot. I know it contradicts #3 but do it anyway to bring the tank down.
11. On the first level of "no mercy," if you want to skip the apartment building, look behind you and you'll see the glass window. Behind that, on the other building, you'll see 2 fans. Jump on those and you won't die from the jump down.
1. Hunter: never pounce into a group of survivors. only pounce when one is separated from the group.
2. Tank: if your chasing a survivor, throw a rock at them or smash a car at 'em.
3. Tank: if your at long range from the survivors, throw a rock first, then charge.
4. Smoker: always do your best to get far away from the survivors as possible and get up a building. This way its harder for you to get noticed and you can do more damage to the survivor.
5. Boomer: never run up to the survivors to puke on them. Try to hide and do it when they don't know you're there.
6. Your claws are mostly useless, except for breaking walls and doors.
7. You aren't damaged by falls, use this to your advantage.
- One Man Witch Kill
1. The person designated to kill the Witch HAS to have an AUTOMATIC Shotgun, no exceptions.
2. The Witch herself has to be in an accessible part of the map, I.E. not to close to any walls, or over a fence, etc.
How this works. The "Witch-Killer" is to sneak around and behind the Witch, CROUCHED. Make sure you're completely behind her, so that she can't see you from the side. Get close enough to the point where you're almost touching her, and shoot her in the back of the head with the auto-shotgun. It sometimes works on the first hit, and sometimes you'll have to put one or two more into her as she turns to face you, but it's guaranteed to kill the Witch, so long as you sneak up on her properly.
Another way to kill a Witch in game is lmore difficult than the Shotgun tactic, but is still a viable tactic if the opportunity presents itself. It requires the Witch to be in an open field of some kind, which would provide a long line of site. A player with the hunting rifle should be able to successfully get a head-shot at her once she is in the line of sight to kill her. A few shots on her body too can take care of the business.
- Weapon Damage Points
- These are the damages for all in game firearms. Damage is based on a bodyshot to the Tank. Expect head shots to do greater damage.
Uzi-25 (single bullet)
Pump Shotgun- 240 (Close Range)*
160 (Mid Range)*
103 (Long Range)*
10 (Maximum Visual Range)*
Hunting Rifle- 90
Assault Rifle- 32
Auto Shotgun- 270 (Close Range)*
160 (Mid Range)*
125 (Long Range)*
20 (Maximum Visual Range)*
*Ranges for Shotguns based on general distance and may vary from user to user.
- Glitch: Zombies Can't Get You
- Entry Location:
In the second campaign, By the cabin (last part).
After you call in the rescue boat go towards the dock and pass it. Near the corner there should be a sort of flat rock jetting out from the bottom of a cliff. You will have to keep jumping from the side that is the closest to the land until your able to get up on top. When the zombies come they can't get you also another plus is that if the Tank can't get to you in time it dies, but watch out for the special zombies like the Smoker (with a tounge) and Tank (by throwing a rock) can still get you. Best to keep all pipe bombs till the end.