The Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle-Earth II Hints, Tips
- Bonus Heros
- Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Hero:
Avatan: Win 10 Capture and Hold games.
Berethor: Successfully complete Good Campaign.
Celebrim: Win 10 Resource Race games.
Felek: Win 10 Hero Vs Hero games.
Fhaleen: Win 10 King of the Hill games.
Hadhod: Successfully complete Good Rivendell with all bonus objectives (Level 1 - Good Campaign).
Idrial: Successfully complete Good Dol Guldur with all bonus objectives (Level 8 - Good Campaign).
Krashnak: Successfully complete Evil Lorien with all bonus objectives (Level 1 - Evil Campaign).
Maur: Successfully complete Good Blue Mountains with all bonus objectives (Level 4 - Good Campaign).
Mektar: Successfully complete Good Campaign without a Hero dying.
Ohta: Win 10 Versus games.
Olog: Successfully complete Evil Rivendell with all bonus objectives (Level 8 - Evil Campaign).
Thrugg: Successfully complete Evil Fornost with all bonus objectives (Level 4 - Evil Campaign).
Tumna: Successfully complete Evil Campaign.
Urulooke: Successfully complete Evil Campaign without a Hero dying.
- Ring Heroes
- All maps in Skirmish and Multiplayer mode have Gollum cloaked on it. When you find Gollum, kill him and you will get the ring. Take it back to your fortress and have the troop that is carrying the ring enter the fortress in order to recruit a Ring Hero for 9,000 resources. The Ring Hero does not use any command points. Men, Elves, and Dwarves can recruit Galadriel. Mordor, Isengard, and Goblins can recruit Sauron. The easiest way to get the ring is to let an enemy find Gollum then kill them after they obtain the ring. The only way to stop them before they reach their base is to chase them down with a mounted unit, have a created hero teleport into their path, or to summon allies into their path using a power.
- General strategies
- Do not just rush your opponent's territory. Either send in a camo capable unit or a very cheap, weak unit such as Orc Warriers. Check out your opponent's base before attacking with stronger units. When attacking, use melee soldiers to attack buildings and use Bowmen and Cavalry on enemy units.
- Defeating large groups of enemies
- Have a lot of defensive structures in your base and teleport the opponents to your base. The towers should kill the enemies before they can do much damage. The Convert spell will also work, because they are free men.
Use the following trick to kill armies (including brutal) easily. This strategy works best with the elves. First, get as many Mirkwoods as possible. Have them guard your fortress and make sure they get Silverthorn Arrows. Then, get Glorfindel and Arwen and three to five groups of horses. Upgrade them fully, then send them around the back of the enemy base and have them attack. This will work almost every time. Make sure that Glorfindel and Arwen are on their horses. It also helps to have Rally Call and Heal.
- Grey Havens
- Start at the bottom-most part. Build as many resource collectors as possible. Then, capture the Shipright. Get Builders to build Wall Hubs where the Cave Trolls lair is found (kill it first). Build a wall, then build units and an upgrade structure. Get your units upgraded as much as possible. Put some by the wall to defend it. Send the rest to the Shipright. Build the number of transports needed. Put the units by the Shipright onto the transports. Send the transports to the enemy camp. Optionally, split your units up and surround the camp. Destroy all the structures except for the fortress. Finally, destroy the fortress.