Cheats & Hints
Mass Effect Hints, Tips
- Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus the next time a new game is started. Once the game is completed, the "New Game +" option is also unlocked, which allows you to use your existing character with previously earned equipment and skills.
+10% Experience: Get a 75% game completion.
+10% Hardening: Get a 75% game completion with Ashley in your squad.
+10% Health: Kill 150 Organic Beings.
+10% Shield: Kill 250 Synthetics.
+25% Marksman Cooldown: Get 150 kills with the pistol.
Assault Rifle skill for new characters: Get 150 kills with the assault rifle.
Decryption skill for new characters: Use Sabotage 75 times.
Electronics skill for new characters: Use Overload 75 times.
Hardcore difficulty: Successfully complete the game.
Insane difficulty: Successfully complete the game on the Hardcore difficulty.
Level 60 level cap: Successfully complete the game.
Prestige Class: Reach level 34
Shielding skill for new characters: Use Dampening 75 times.
Shotgun skill for new characters: Get 150 kills with the shotgun.
Sniper Rifle skill for new characters: Get 150 kills with the sniper rifle.
Spectre grade weapons for purchase: Get one million credits.
- Infinite Paragon points
- When you reach the Hercules System in the Attican Beta Cluster, you will get a mission to recover a "lost data pad" from the Eletania planet. Once you find the lost data pad on the "monkey" species in the mine, you will be awarded approximately 6+ Paragon. Immediately save the game. Then, load the saved game. You should be able to continue clicking on the same monkey an unlimited number of times to keep getting Paragon. You can also easily get the "Paragon" achievement with the glitch.
- Infinite Paragon and Renegade points
- On the Noveria planet, go to the hotel bar, and look for a Turian named Lorik Quinn. Accept his quest to steal the data from his office. Once you get the data, the receptionist will ask you to get Quinn to testify. Tell her you will do it, and then talk to Quinn. Tell Quinn that he should testify (top left option). When he refuses, select the Charm option (top left) for Paragon points or the Intimidate (bottom left) for Renegade points, and end the conversation. Talk to him again, and ask about the Matriarch. When he gets done talking about her, select the "Other questions" option (bottom right). You should now have the option to ask him to testify again (top left). He will refuse, and you will be able to use the Charm or Intimidate option again to gain another 24 Paragon or Renegade points. Repeat this process as many times as desired. You can also easily get the "Paragon" and "Renegade" achievement with the glitch.
- Character classes
Adepts are biotic specialists. Starting out equipped with pistols and light armor, the true strength of the adept is through the upgradeable implants that give them their biotic powers. These powers can be used to lift or throw objects, shield the party, and disable or destroy enemies.
Engineers are tech specialists. Using the holographic OmniTool, they can decrypt security systems, repair and/or modify technical equipment, disrupt enemy weapons or shields, and heal their party. Even though they begin the game with only pistols and the OmniTool, engineers can unlock the ability to wear light armor and reverse engineer enemy technology. They can also learn to put up protective shields and heal the party.
Infiltrators combine combat and tech abilities, and specialize in killing or disabling enemies at long range. Infiltrators are trained to use OmniTools, but the focus is on decryption and offensive abilities rather than healing. They can train with pistols or sniper rifles, and can learn to wear medium armor.
Sentinels combine biotic and tech abilities. Typically they use biotic abilities and advanced healing skills to defend allies, though they can also disrupt opponents with biotic or Tech attacks. They are more efficient at tech and biotics than other classes, but at the expense of combat. Sentinels can only use light armor, and receive no advanced weapon training.
Soldiers are combat specialists ideal for the front lines of a firefight. Soldiers begin the game trained with skills in both pistols and assault rifles, they have improved health and the ability to wear medium combat armor. As you progress through the game, you can unlock assault training, skills with shotguns and sniper rifles, become able to perform first aid on yourself and party members, and wear heavy combat armor.
Vanguards are biotic warriors. They combine offensive biotic abilities and weapons training to quickly take down opponents, and are especially deadly at short range. They can train with pistols and shotguns, and can learn to wear medium armor.
- Scan the Keepers in Citadel
- After you speak to Chorban in the Citadel Tower, he will request that you scan the Keepers to collect data. There are 21 Keepers total throughout the compound. You will forfeit the chance to do this sidequest if you complete Jahleed's Fears. Here is a list of their locations:
One is in the hanger bay through C-Sec.
One is in the right-most room in the Presidium Wards Access corridor.
One is in the alleyway next to the market and Choras Den.
One is in the upper market area.
One is in the C-Sec Requisition Office.
One is in the Traffic Control Room in C-Sec.
One is inside Flux, by the quasar machines in the back left.
One is to the right of the Med Clinic entrance.
One is at the C-Sec Academy entrance.
Four are inside Citadel Tower.
One is in the back room of the Emporium, left turn.
One is on the balcony of the Embassy lounge.
One is in the rectangular room at the right of the C-Sec HQ at the embassy.
One is outside Citadel Tower to the left of Avina.
One is in the Volus/Elcor office at the Embassy.
One is opposite of Avina, halway between the Consort Chambers and the Emporium.
One is outside the entrance of the Consort Chambers.
One is outside the Wards Access entrance, very close to the arguing Preaching Hana and C-Sec officer.
- ExoGeni PSI puzzle in Feros
- In the ExoGeni facility, there are several claws that feed power that must be terminated to continue the mission. You will come across a control panel for the Shuttle Bay Door Controls. This panel has five switches of different pressures:
(5 PSI Valve) (7 PSI Valve) (17 PSI Valve) (11 PSI Valve) (13 PSI Valve)
The objective is to add just enough pressure to fill the gauge between the two arrows. Too much will reset the puzzle and you will have to play with different combinations. Once a correct pressure is reached, the bar will turn yellow and text under it will read "WARNING, HIGH PRESSURE". Enter 7, 11, and 13, then activate. This will create enough pressure to break the claw and deactivate the Geth power being flushed into ExoGeni.
- Puzzle solution in Noveria
- On the planet Noveria, you must solve a puzzle after you enter the Core at Mira to restore activity to the compound. The solution is as follows. There are three columns. Four discs are in the left column. You must move all four discs to column two or three for the puzzle to be completed. "1" indicates the upper most ring, "4" is the lowest, etc.
Move 1 to the middle.
Move 2 to the right.
Move 1 to the right on top of 2.
Move 3 to the middle.
Move 1 to the left.
Move 2 to the middle on top of 3.
Move 1 to the middle on top of 2.
Move 4 to the right.
Move 1 to the right.
Move 2 to the left.
Move 1 to the left on top of 2.
Move 3 to the right on top of 4.
Move 1 to the middle.
Move 2 to the right.
Move 1 to the right.
These steps will solve the puzzle with all four discs being in the right column.
- Defeating the giant worm in Edolus
- During the mission about the missing Marines, you will encounter a large worm creature. To defeat it, jump just before the projectile acid the worm spits, and attack it with missiles (RB) and constant gunfire (RT).